Tebow will be #2 if healthy.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Organized Chaos, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Because of McElroy's EPIC performance on Sunday, they've apparently seen enough to change the depth chart.

2. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

You quite simply don't know that this is the case, neither do the rest of us.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yes, I quite simply do know that this is the case. Tebow has a slow delivery. He can't make the throws that the Jets offense requires. The fact that Sanchez is inaccurate and doesn't run it well doesn't absolve the Jets from putting a guy out there as #2 who can actually make the throws if Sanchez goes down.

4. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Of course Tebow's the #2, Sparano needs him active in case he wants to kill a drive with a 2 yard wildcat play on second and long.

5. Demosthenes9

Sure, his delivery is a bit slower than many other QBs, but that's not a disqualifier. As for the claim that he can't make the throws this offense requires, tell me one throw that Sanchez has made this year that Tebow can't make.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Jesus Christ. Tebow is NOT a QB. That's why Rex never went to him even while Sanchez sucked dick all season.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Gil Brandt finally owned up to the fact that Tebow is not a QB last week in his article on Tebow needing to change positions to play in the NFL. Brandt was one of the few respected analysts who went against the grain in 2010 and said Tebow might be able to fix enough of the flaws to be a good QB and then the intangibles would kick in.

The fact is that Tim Tebow is not an NFL QB. He just doesn't have the skills required. He has a slow release and he's inaccurate. He's had three years now to correct the mechanical flaws and make himself a better QB. He hasn't done that.

I have no doubt that Tim Tebow could be an excellent NFL player if he put his mind to the proposition. I just don't think he's got any chance to be a good NFL QB and the clock is ticking on him big time.

Edit: Josh McDaniels screwed Tebow big time by drafting him in the 1st as a QB. If he'd let him drop to the 4th where everybody thought he would go Tebow would probably be one of the leading pass-catching TE's right now. It's that draft that has kept Tebow from making the changes necessary to be a big time player in the NFL.

#47 Br4d, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  8. Demosthenes9

I have to run meet a client and actually do a bit of work today. I'll post the Brandt article later and include my thoughts/criticisms of it.

9. Demosthenes9

That's your opinion, and no matter how wrong it is, you are of course entitled to it.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yes, and you're entitled to follow around a personal punt protector from team to team and defend his honor every chance you get.

11. Demosthenes9

Cool. And ? Am I supposed to be upset by that remark or something ?

#51 Demosthenes9, Dec 5, 2012
  12. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Tebow throws the ball a little less accuratly than Sanchez. It isnt just accuracy, he doesnt read defenses all that well. Hell, I have seen him misread the end on the read option a few times this year.

If he is going to switch positions he had better do it soon. It would be interesting to see him at some other positions. Hell, maybe even on defense.

I hope he doesnt get pushed out of the league by insisting to play QB ala kordell stewart.

13. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

So then why don't we give him a shot and see if he CAN have an epic performance since he seemed to do the impossible all season which was not turnover the ball and score a TD? To be perfectly honest, McElroy has done more in one quarter than Tebow has done all season.

14. Demosthenes9

I guess I missed the time that Tebow was put in to actually play QB this year.

15. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Nice to see mcelroy being properly rewarded for winning us the game last week

16. I Am The Stig

And I guess I missed the plays where Tebow came in actually mattered. Oh wait. Brad Smith (if you know who he is) did more for the Jets in the wildcat than Tebow did.

17. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

No, by his actions this week Rex has proven that he never went away from Sanchez because he is delusional - it has absolutely nothing to do with Tebow or anything else.

By naming Sanchez the start Rex has signaled that he would rather go down with the ship rather then try to win by making a change.

18. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

So does Tebow being the backup mean that Sanchez is going to play the entire game regardless of how bad he plays?

19. I Am The Stig

Lol pretty much.

Exhibit A - the 49ers game.

20. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Of course he's going in at #2. He can go in for running plays and punt protector. Few teams will dress 3 guys listed as QB. Unless McElroy can do special teams duties too, why WOULDN'T they dress Tebow as a #2?

Only way Tebow sees game time, is if Sanchez gets hurt and Tebow is the only one left. If Sanchez gets pulled during the week, what do you wanna bet McElroy ends up starting?

#60 Concerned_Citizen, Dec 5, 2012