Embarrassed to be a Jets Fan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Nov 22, 2012.

1. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

In continuing the theme of the thread title:

I just got laughed at by a bunch of people (including this hot chick I was talking to) in this bar in Pittsburgh for being a Jets fan. It was pretty awful. Still, can't say I'm embarrassed to support this circus of a team

2. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Haters are going to hate I won't be a bandwagon fan but this ... this is pretty nuts how we are right now

Que... Haters gonna hate pic

3. feldspar

feldspar Member

LOL, how your team performs is never a reflection of who you are a person. It has zero to do with you, actually. You just happen to root for a team that is going to do whatever they do regardless of whether you were a fan or not.

Like citizens in San Francisco were superior in the 80s, and Pittsburgh fans were all that in the 70s...now New England may have thought it was a real personal accomplishment that the Patriots won three Super Bowls in the 2000s.

It's just dumb luck who you root for, really.

I wouldn't consider any of it "awful." It's like if you pay money to see a terrible movie...it's not your fault the movie is terrible.

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I been waiting 43 years now for your so called turnaround & it is still many years away IMHO :sad:

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Guess U were not alive in the Kotex 1-15 season? :sad:

6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

So true and yet so many people view supporting a successful team as being some sort of personal achievement or honour - continuing to follow a crap franchise says more (positive things) about you as a person than following a team which is successful.

7. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Never be embarrassed to lose

Always be embarrassed when you make an ass of yourself like Rex 24/7

8. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

: ) yep...

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Suck it up ladies.

10. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Times have been worse, much worse. That being said there must be major management changes, Sparano must go, and Mr. T should be regulated to a contracts only status. We need a player personnel guru, let him decide if Rex should be retained.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

times have been worse, much worse but never before has it been such a shit show. and that is the thing that is so frustrating, every week its something new and its bullshit jersey shore type drama, its fucking painful to watch a team full of supposed men act like such fucking douchebags week after week.

and even more painful to see the guys leading the shit show just continue to feed into it.

i am embarrased, not because of how the team is performing on the field (other than the piece of shit qb) but because of the debacle the team has become on and off the field.

12. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

When it comes to embarrassing, do you factor in the media power/presence? I remember Kotite's Jets were one of the worst teams I'd ever seen. If the Jets didn't run into a REALLY bad Cardinals team, they'd also have an 0-16 record in their franchise history.

However, the mockery/drama seems bigger now. Compared to the era of Kotite's Jets, this era of football has a lot more media coverage. ESPN, Twitter, Internet blogs/news & Internet sports forums like www.theganggreen.com & others. Because of Tebow & Rex's past antics the Jets dominate news coverage in an era where fans can be bombarded by sports headlines/coverage 24x7.

Even though this is NOT the worst Jets team ever, I could see Jets fans making a legit argument that the scrutiny/ridicule today is much higher & feels more disheartening than ever.

Even when compared to other NFL teams, Jets are much more over-exposed in the media.

#252 ajax, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I remember reading somebody three years ago who was commenting on Rex's braggadocio. He said that as long as the Jets were winning all the talking was ok but as soon as they started losing the wheels were going to fall off.

I don't remember who came up with that but he was right.

14. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

....read HOPE.:up: