Jet fans- Not our finest moment

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Bill Belichdouche, Nov 27, 2012.

1. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

now this is certainly true-and i go back to shea in the late 70's..lot of low characters

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

we played shitty, but our players did not deserve this. it's easy to talk from the crowd.

3. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

WTF did they expect when they built MetLife Stadium with the fan pit and seats right behind the players bench? When the Jets suck the fans are going to yell "Great loss, guys! We love you!". No, they are going to catch shit. I'm sure the Giants don't hear that for their fans.

And I'm tired of Bart Scott. He's got a big mouth, but RB's run circles around him while he can't move his fat ass on anybody. He wants to fight fans? Too bad he couldn't fight anyone on the Patriots last Thursday night.

4. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

That's what President Obama believes, at least.

5. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

You really care what outsiders think of you or your fan base?

6. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

They do deserve it.

It's their job to play well. If they play well they get applauded. If they play like shit, they will here the taunts.

The crowd helps to pay their salaries...

7. Darrelle24Revis

Darrelle24Revis Active Member

As much as I hate ignorant and absurd fans I must say I felt every bit of their pain (except Tebow chant). That was JUST after the worst 52 seconds of my life!!! I won't be too excited seeing them go the locker either.

#107 Darrelle24Revis, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  8. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

And the taunting makes the players play better? It does the opposite. the players will say "screw the fans." All this does is build a wall between the team and fans, and create a worse atmosphere for everyone at the stadium than there already was.
    The fan's behavior is only detrimental. Nothing good ever comes from what you just saw. But somehow it's still justified. This makes no sense. But if people are losers in life and have crappy attitudes, this is just the normal thing to do, especially after some beers.

9. Darrelle24Revis

I agree with you to a certain extent. You want them to get pampered and a pat on the back for the worst 52 seconds in football?! This isn't High School or College football. Keep in mind these players are NFL and get paid millions. Oh, and its on THANKSGIVING of all days. They shouldn't expect anything less playing in NY. Fans sacrificed time with their family just to see a massacre...

10. Darrelle24Revis

I agree with you to a certain extent. You want them to get pampered and a pat on the back for the worst 52 seconds in football?! This isn't High School or College football. Keep in mind these players are in the NFL and get paid millions. Oh, and its on THANKSGIVING of all days. They shouldn't expect anything less playing in NY. Fans sacrificed time with their family just to see a massacre...

#110 Darrelle24Revis, Nov 29, 2012
  11. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

If they play like that, boo them mercilessly.
    But the ad hominem attacks, and the profanity,
    went beyond the pale.

12. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

No one thinks they should be pampered. It's the job of the coaches and players to evaluate their effort and performance. And also their job to search inside themselves and get the most out of their ability. Someone yelling in the stands won't change anything for the better. I also don't like the mentality of "you messed up, I paid to watch your game, you make more money than I do, so therefore I have the right to yell profanities at you." I think that's what losers do.

13. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I certainly booed that night, but its a little too easy to sit there and yell names at these guys when you have a wall separating you, and you know they can't do anything. Booing would suffice in my opinion, no need to get personal.

14. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

People disrespect people like this when they know they can get away with it. When do people curse and yell at other folks? When behind a wall, up in the stands, in their car able to drive away. 100 years ago there wasn't this problem because you call someone "f@ggot" you likely end up dead or near dead. Today you push someone you're arrested for assault and it follows for the rest of your life, so people have become emboldened by that and a lot less polite to one another knowing they can get away with it.

Any one who enjoyed that display needs to grow up, it's a game, sure go ahead and boo, but calling players out by name to yell vile things at them is stupid.

15. Darrelle24Revis

First of all, those 52 seconds were FAR from a mistake!! Second of all, nobody is comparing salaries to say I have the "right" to yell profanities at anybody. Third of all, I've said in my past post that they didn't deserve it to that extreme but definitely needed to hear something. Fourth of all, these guys are in the NFL and are playing in NY. What do you expect? Now answer this question...what were you thinking during halftime? I KNOW you weren't full of joy n giggles.

16. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

The bottom line is this: Every fan had the right to voice their disapproval of the product they paid their money for. In my book, they had the right too boo, and every comment they made was appropriate. I did not hear one single threat, nor did I hear any personal insults hurled at the players. Every comment I heard was in regard to their effort on the field, which in a nutshell, is feedback on their job performance.

This is no where near close to hurling snowballs and batteries at players. In reality, I am proud of the Jets fans who kept the comments to the performance on the field.

17. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I know what you're saying. I agree with some of it. Some on this board are bringing up the large salary thing to justify it. I know you are not. I didn't mean it directed to you. We may have some differences, but I think you and I are closer to agreeing than you think.

18. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

no one is forcing them to bear them crosses but that's the business they have chosen

19. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

I don't get it what everyone is throwing a hissy fit over. HELLO, we spend hundreds, thousands in tickets, merchandise, food, drinks yearly in this team. For what? To be pathetic? I am sorry, this is America. We have a right to voice how we feel. I applaud these guys for letting them have it. What do you want them to do, give them cupcakes for playing so bad? Its the competitive nature of all humans, and these fans were showing it. Enough is enough. We want to win, we want a winning team, and we deserve it. Yes they shouldn't have used such profane language, but come on, its a FOOTBALL GAME, do you really expect people to be dressed in suits and whip out the websters dictionary when letting someone "have it". Be realistic.

Were you disgraced to be an American when thousands bashed on George W. Bush? No.

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

^LMAO at saying people are having a hissy fit, when that's exactly what the morons in the video are doing.

Again, there's nothing wrong with booing when a team plays bad or heckling, but this was way beyond that. This was blatant badgering, and fans should get the boot for that shit. What about the kids that are watching the game? They have to listen to THAT? You don't call players pathetic and scream and bitch like whiney little girls because they made mistakes in a GAME. The fact that that group was yelling for Tebow to save them at the end instantly discredits anything they said. They were drunken idiots and that was way over the line and uncalled for.

People act like buying tickets and spending money at the stadium wasn't their choice. You are watching people play a game that involves skill, luck and extremely tough competition. There's always a winner and a loser. When your team isn't winning, it is what it is, and as a fan, that's what you signed up for. Were these guys screaming to get rid of Sanchez and about how pathetic we are when we iced the Patriots in the playoffs a couple years back? Being a fan, you experience ups and downs. Stop acting like you are entitled to win games. We are in a slump. It happens, get over it.

#120 Barcs, Nov 29, 2012