Jet fans- Not our finest moment

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Bill Belichdouche, Nov 27, 2012.

1. lakersmetsjets49ers

that's where the issue lies to me, not just with this game but in general. boo, and let the team know their playing like shit if they are, but no need to make it personal with the players. fans tend to get way to bold after a few drinks and a sense of security knowing that there's a barrier between them and the players. i've read some of the things eagles and raider fans have pulled at games and its just sickening to me.

2. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Difference is these guys make millions of dollars to play a game which we pay their salaries. Fuck them all. This team is the biggest joke in all of sports and they deserve every thing they get

3. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Here's an idea, dont click it then. Stop being a wannabe forum mod and find something better to do with your life

4. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I'm sure you can find videos of fans from every team acting this way.

Maybe not St. Louis, those people are way too fuckin' friendly and well mannered. It's almost eerie. Like a Stepford city.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I thought it was well deserved. It could have been alot worse.

6. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

By that logic, when I pay hard earned money for my high priced tickets, I deserve to NOT hear things like that from the people around me and to be able to bring my family to the game without having to endure such classless drunken behavior.

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

So who wants play for the Jets now? The Jets have gone from one of the most desirable places to play to football hell for players in two seasons. If I were a player, I would not want to play for this team with this environment, these fans, and the NY media. I'd go almost anywhere else. So, how does this behavior help the team exactly?

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Where does the Culture start??? It starts and stops with Rex.

On the surface and in the beginning of his Jet's tenure Rex was/is considered a " players' coach" . On the hand, Rex creates an environment/culture that ruins the locker room with no discipline and shoot from the hip talking, the running of the mouth before the brain is engaged syndrome.

Any time you have an outspoken lay it on the line Coach that predicts a Super Victory and says" this is my best team ever", when things go south it's going to get very ugly.

...and it has!!!

9. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I gotta call bullshit on this one, Jets fans were surly, abusive drunks well before Rex Ryan became the coach.

10. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I have no issue at all with fans showing their displeasure. There has been FAR WORSE said to players as they've left the field or ice before and there will be far worse said in the future. When a team shits the bed like we did the other night, they deserve every second of yelling from the fans. Being in the stadium is our only truly outlet to be heard by the players. They can block you on Twitter, they can't block you in the stands.

Why do you have to be drunk to be disappointed with your team's effort to yell "you're pathetic" "you suck" and "don't bother coming out for the second half" -- What am I missing here? Where is the horrible language and things being said? Did anyone say "I hope you die." or anything racist? No? Didn't think so.

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'm not talking about Jet fans, I'm talking about Rex and the culture of the locker room, I was replying to JWWS's comment about playing for the Jets.

Jet Fans, like all drunks fans of any NFL team are "surly and abusive".

12. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

Those are real fans, who dont want to watch a turd anymore. I support them 100%. This team is an embarrassment, those fans are not. Each one of those losers is making millions and they dont even try, they dont care. Dont think that they do and feel sorry them. They dont care.

13. The_W

The_W Banned

So I'm supposed to magically know what a given thread is about, without opening it? If your gonna call someone out, at least try to do it without looking like a fool.

14. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

Whoever said it on one of the first pages had it right. Rex sure as hell isn't gonna tell it like it is. Not publicly at least. At least someone will tell these guys like it is. Anyone that's complaining about the tone of the guys in the video should at this point realize that's the going rate at games these days. There's always gonna be some guys that are like that. I'm not going to completely ream them out though.

They didn't get super personal. I mean my heckle from the upper deck was probably more personal than that; "If Sanchez's girlfriends mirrored his play on the field he'd have honey boo boo's mother on his arm."

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

That was before the half??? I can't even imagine what it was like at the end, even though we did play better later on. We were 4-6, were fans really expecting us to dominate the patriots? Fans like that are the ones that suck. If you're going to be like that, don't even go to the games. You wonder why this team doesn't seem motivated at times and why the crowd just isn't as loud as say the Giants crowd. Piss poor fanbase. I've said it before, I'll say it again. Negativity only brings people down. It doesn't do an OUNCE of good. I just don't see any excuse for saying that 2 feet away from the players, as if they could hop on the field and do better. People need to grow the fuck up. It's a fucking game. It's not like they stopped by your house, raped your wife and killed your children. They lost a football game.

#95 Barcs, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

They deserved worse.

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

They were playing this on boomer n carton this morning, It was actaully pretty funny when they were going over in slowmotion everything that was said

18. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

This doesn't bother me. When your team sucks all season and just gave up 3 touchdowns in less than one minute to a division rival then I can relate. Call me heartless or a douchebag but I thought this was funny and deserved. It could have been worse.

19. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

your avatar is the most awesome here! GO IRISH BRING HOME THE TITLE!!

20. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

there is a big difference between not caring and not being very good