The upcoming resergence of the New York Jets, lead by Mark Sanchez.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Organized Chaos, Nov 27, 2012.

1. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

Good sir, are you familiar with the ass fumble?

2. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

That must have taken you a while to put together and I commend you for it. Its really actually strange because in the 09 season when we lost a few and it looked like we could do it or blow it , I marked off every game we needed to fall our way and for the most part everything fell our way and we went on to the championship. I did something similar in 98 , but stopped because we were blowing teams out the box and it wasnt necessary any longer.

I really do not want to win out and fool ourselves again this team is anything but a super bowl contender and we should eventually be real with our situation and just build this team. Dont get me wrong I'll root as I have always done for 30 + years but this team is just about dead in the water. Lets hope for some turn over and renewing in some form.

3. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Winning out against bad teams would be detrimental to this team's future. The Jets need to get a higher draft pick and land more talent. The Jets are going to be in cap hell for another year, and we are playing the AFC North next year = no playoffs. Get a high draft pick the next two years and shed bad contracts. Evaluate the top QB prospects for the next two years. There are mountains of evidence that supports that getting a good QB = can change an entire franchise around. Just look at what Luck, RG3, and Manning did this year to their teams. The Jets need to keep sucking until they either get a top pick QB or get enough talent to trade for a top QB.

4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Why lose out? I mean, if we were so out of the playoff race, I would agree. But here's the thing: We're not.

It's not like we're the Eagles or Panthers who have to jump 10 other teams to get in....

Let the thing play out, but I'd rather play for now than play for draft picks.

5. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

exactly. Eli proved that u are just a 4 game hot streak away from becoming coronated.

6. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

His numbers should pick up a bit with the schedule being what it is. He is below average, it wouldn't be so bad if he could protect the football.

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'm kind of torn on this.

On one hand I want the Jets to win out and make the playoffs. That's the fan in me talking. But then again on another hand, I would like to see the Jets fail so that Tanny/Woody/Rex can see that their way of building a team doesn't work.

I get the feeling that if the Jets somehow got into the playoffs, they'll be vindicated and they'll continue on this same trend.

8. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

The reason he is below average is BECAUSE he can't protect the ball. No one is expecting an avg QB to carry this group of nobodies into the SB, but they are expecting him to protect the ball.

He has failed.

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

The teams left on the schedule obviously suit the Jets better. They can all be run on, none have an elite offense, they will face teams with struggling offenses, and teams that aren't playing for much.

Now the theory that if they win it will be bad for the Jets because they will keep players is crazy. Unless they win the Super Bowl Tanny and Sporano will be gone. They will drop their aging line backers and under performing players.

This team will look different in 2013 no matter what happens in the last 5.

I will hope they win the next two so the Monday night game holds some intrigue. Of course for that to happen Cinci, Pitt, and Indy need to lose a game or two.

10. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I agree
    Clean up the loose ends, get young talent

Not a dark sider, just a strategy I think could help (get good picks, clean our dead money)

11. Greeny

Greeny New Member

Playoffs , you fockin kidding me? Were a suck ass team playing other suck teams. Other teams look at us as cake. Come on enough with the bs Sancheeze garbage. Guy sucked 4 years ago and sucks now. Sucked with weapons , great oline and a great defense. He's the same guy we drafted , worse. He has terrible pocket presence , terrible accuracy , still stares down wrs , cant read defenses and has terrible footwork. Not to mention happy feet. Big three has to go.

12. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

If you have nothing useful to add then delete yourself from the convo,
    Good sir.

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

Some of you people are crazy... You honestly think we have a shot at the playoffs? Gimme a break... Have you seen this team play? We get shit on by good teams, lose to slightly above average teams and beat some of the very few teams that are worse than us; that is not the making of a playoff team. The Bengals, the Colts, the Steelers without Big Ben and the Dolphins are better teams than the Jets. I dont see how we end up beating out 3 out of 4 of those teams... This franchise honestly doesnt deserve to make the playoffs.

I truly hate to speak so pessimistically but this is not a good team, sadly. It sucks... But the only thing we can truly hope for is some change (especially in the front office) because this team isnt a few pieces away from being a contender.

And to those very few, somewhat insane Sanchez supporters- Why? Or more so how?

What on earth has this 4th year starter shown you recently that could still give you hope?

14. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Well, if we win out, it shows that we are a few pieces away.

Think about it: Win out to 9-7. It can be easily assumed that Holmes and Revis would be good for two more wins.

15. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Which proves my point, mediocre QB with mediocre stats, which are already inflated from the first game of the season against buffalo and playing against a soft defense in the second half against the patriots and a couple other blowouts we were behind in.

mediocre stats are mediocre stats, And I'll wager you a months worth of not posting on the boards that when the season is done he'll be a bottom 1/4 QB in nearly every category and basically on par with his poor career averages.

16. swifty1021

swifty1021 New Member

Some of you with this lose out bullshit are sad. I want to win and I want Tanny demoted or fired, I doubt winning will change woody's mind at this point. Track record is there, there is enough data over a 3 year sample size to see what Tanny and the Personnel department have done with this roster, connect the dots and it was obvious Mangini had a lot of say in who was drafted and signed. You win in this league by building team in rounds 2-7 and UDFA, consistnly not losing out to draft a top pick, bc there is no RG3 or Luck this year. Why are the lions in the Super Bowl yet if that's the case? Shitty drafts. Pats and Gaints have depth and draft well in the later rounds, QB doesn't hurt either, therfor they're always a contender. Losing out isn't going to do shit, but make everyone angrier. I would like to enjoy another jet game this year.

17. lakersmetsjets49ers

if the jets managed to win the final 5 games of the season and go from 4-7 to 9-7 and look decent while doing so then they deserve to be vindicated in my opinion. this is a team that has shit the bed after every win this season, if they managed to pull of 5 in a row and look like a solid football team while doing so then i take back alot of the things i've said about them this year.

that said they need to win 2 games in a row first before there's any type of hope. these final 5 teams are looking at the jets on the schedule and see that game as a potential win themselves.

18. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Nobody said his stats are great. He is playing mediocre and I agree with almost everything you said, you left something out. That his offensive team talent is bottom 3 if not last. Also there is no stat inflation except Maybe for T. Brady. You can't say soft defense bcuz the good defenses he plays against counters that.

The problem I have is blaming Sanchez for our record.

I dont bet not saying if I did I would take your bet. How abt I say Sanchez completion % will be 60 and will end up with 20+ tds.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He's not. He's playing TERRIBLE.
    That being said, I agree there ALOT more faults for this team sucking as well. The most overrated O-Line (2 good players, 1 aging average guy who looked better sandwiched between Woody & Mangold, and 2 bums), who in turn don't help the average RBs, receivers that SUCK & SLOW LBs that allow teams RBs to run wild......

There are alot of issues with this team, but QB is the most important position, and QB has been playing like SHIT!
    I don't care about stats aside from his stupid turnovers, and that's what's killing this team more than anything. Parcells wouldn't put up with that shit at all.

20. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

y does everyone think that one high draft team is going to make this team 100x better and that we need lose out? we already ended last season on a bad note, even if we dont make the playoffs let end on a high note. there are several teams in the nfl today who had high picks which didnt improve the team or even brought them to the next level