Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

This could be the biggest lie of them all. I think McElroy is being punished for speaking up against the team or basically telling the truth a few years ago. The sad thing is he might be the best QB on the Roster and they will not give him a shot. If he played and succeeded it would make Ryan, Woody and Tanny out to be bigger clowns than they already appear to be. He is the one who should definitely be getting ready to have a shot.

2. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

At this point, no, you don't need to have a viable option to replace Sanchez with. That's the mistake that Rex is making. Sanchez needs to be benched due to the fact that he's playing like hot garbage. Replace him with whomever you have. This does two things. First, it lets you actually evaluate other QBs you have on the roster, in real game situations instead of the practice field, and it also might shake Sanchez up enough to light a fire under him. A proverbial kick in the seat of the pants to try and get him to the next level.

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Andy Reid did the same thing with Donovan McNabb, then after Kolb stunk it up, McNabb went on a tear all the way to the NFC championship game.

Seriously if your "Franshise QB" has a fragile psyche, he shouldn't be your "Franshise" QB. Rex needs to at least give Tebow or McElroy first team reps to light a fire in Sanchez, it worked in the past with Sanchez. Heck it even worked with Tebow before the Pittsburgh playoff game when Fox gave 1st team reps to Brady Quinn. And the rest was history.

4. kubernetes

kubernetes New Member

I don't get the opposition to trying out McElroy. Why not? Because some people don't think he can throw or get the job done? How do we know that?

Every year there are unheralded rookies or backups who come in and significantly outperform expectations. Yeah, there's this guy on the Pats who was a 6th round pick, wasn't expected to do anything. Am I saying McElroy will be like Brady? No, but no one knew Brady would be Brady until he actually got a shot. Before he got his shot, he was a low-draft grade, noodle-armed, no mobility clipboard holder.

Instead of theorizing that McElroy is garbage, why not give him a 5-game workout and actually see for certain? I don't see the point of letting Sanchez close out the season.

5. General Fan

General Fan New Member

This is a great statement!

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The other factor you have to wonder about his how the Jet organization thinks the reaction would be if they played McElroy over Tebow. The Tebots would go insane, but I can live with that. Can the scaredy cats in the Jet organization live with it?

Actually now is the perfect time since hey can say Tebow is hurt, but obviously if they were going to do that, they would have to decide that right now for the Cards game.

7. Demosthenes9

Still waiting for a good explanation as to what some of you guys are afraid of by Tebow getting some starts.

8. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

How would Tannenbaum and Ryan look like clowns if McElroy succeeded? In reality they'd look like geniuses for taking a good QB in the 7th round, then having the balls to insert him into the lineup over two former first round picks.

McElroy isn't riding the bench because the Jets are afraid he'll succeed, he's riding the bench because they know he won't.

9. Demosthenes9

They'd look like clowns if either QB came off the bench and were successful with this offense, given that they've stuck with Sanchez stinking the place up for most the season.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Losing chemistry between Sanchez and his receivers, coupled with the fact that he's our QB for next season as well. Might as well give these guys as many reps as we can. If we had the option of cutting him after this year, I could see where you're coming from, but we don't. I also don't see Tebow ever throwing for more than 70% and Sanchez has done it 4 or 5 times this year. Compared with prior years he's only had 1 or 2 games at best each season with that percentage. I do think he's improving, despite not having Holmes, but having Holmes makes a HUGE difference. People are so quick to forget him when our offense struggles.

#3150 Barcs, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Please...

Many people spoke out last year, Holmes included and you don't see him being shunned. It has nothing to do with that. If Sanchez didn't give us our best chance to win, we wouldn't play him. Besides, if a 3rd stringer emerges and becomes a starter, it shows that our QB coaching has done a good job with him. It's not like they care more about their ego than wins. They want the win over all else.

12. Demosthenes9

We absolutely do have the option of cutting Sanchez, trading him, or demoting him to #2 next year.

That said, go back and look at what was being discussed, which was what to do AFTER benching Sanchez. Big Blocker and others keep talking about putting McElroy out there, but they don't think Tebow should get a start.

The question is, what are they afraid of ?

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Jet future is the development of Hill and Kerely and possibly Gates. Hill is a raw college talent who needs to be in a pro set with a QB who can actually throw the ball out of that set. Tebow will stunt the growth of Hill, Kerely and Gates who all need to learn how to run desciplined routes and catch the ball in traffic.

Tebow sets the team back. Sanchez may suck but he can run a crappy pro-set something Tebow can't begin to do.

Running the wishbone, the wing T or a spread option isn't going to get us a SB. It will insure that Hill sucks next year.

14. Demosthenes9

Or, it shows that, being a third stringer, McElroy was neglected enough that he didn't get poisoned by exposure to Cavanaugh's "coaching" ?

All depends on perspective. :)

15. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Possibly getting less favorable draft picks.

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Are you serious?

After all their big talk about using Tebow to supplement Sanchez, and riding that ridiculous nonsense to a 4-7 record with no indications from them that they were even questioning a continuation, they are going to look like geniuses if McElroy went in there and played lights out?

Did you think before you typed that?

And as far as what they know and don't know, I don't have much faith in that, either. They don't seem to know much about the team and how to get it to play better. Among other things.

If McElroy is really so bad, and Tebow is not a real backup Qb, then how smart were these guys to go into this season with such a mediocre Qb as Mark Sanchez?

I'll answer my own question - not very.

No, I don't think I will defer to them or to them being free of agendas when it comes to who they play and don't play. Call me crazy, but I don't trust them on several levels at this point.

And neither should you.

17. Demosthenes9

I seem to recall that Percy Harvin developed into a pretty good WR while having Tim Tebow throw the ball to him at Florida. Matter of factly, pretty sure that a number of Florida's receivers got drafted into the NFL.

Seriously, some of you all need to get over your hangups about the Spread Option system. Additionally, none of us really knows how Tebow would do running the exact same system that Sanchez is running now as we haven't seen him in there with the first team.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

they would look like clowns because Rex has been saying all along that Mark Sanchez gives them the best chance to win, and if McElroy plays lights out it reveals how little ability Rex has to evaluate a QB. I'm not sure what world you live in, but when you have proven incompetent at a pretty significant aspect of your job, you look like a clown. Tanny would look ridiculous simply by being complicit in keeping Sanchez.

why was Brady riding the bench behind Bledsoe? backup QB's hardly get a fair evaluation of their game abilities until they are actually given game time to show it. without that, Rex and Tanny have no idea what they have in him.

19. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Only the most bitter, impossible-to-please fans would react to a 7th round scrub becoming a viable NFL starter by complaining that it took too long to bring him in.

20. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

afraid of becoming a JOKE

any team that start TEbow will not have the respect of other players, coaches, media, fans for years to come

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.