If you were Rex Ryan who do you do start as QB next game?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jet Rider, Nov 23, 2012.

?

If you were Rex Ryan who do you do start as QB next game?

1. Mark Sanchez

72 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. Tim Tebow

55 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. Greg McElroy

98 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

Like I said. Pats revisionist history to protect bb. It's nonsense.

2. kongshouse

kongshouse New Member

FO has to save face with that extension they gave mark. They will try to pull the wool and push the blame everywhere but mark. They need to fire morono asap, it's inevitable anyways.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I can't point to anything specific but I do remember at the time the pats were getting fed up w/ Drew despite the awful deal they just signed him to. That team was getting worse every year bottoming out at 5-11 in '00 then starting 0-2 w/ Drew. pats fans cheered the Drew injury, he was getting booed all game long.

They were going to make a move sooner than later, again it may have been delyaed the dynasty meaning they missed the playoffs in '01 but Brady was going to be playing if NE kept losing which they would have w/ Drew.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Again, it is not about McElroy. It is about the FO and HC not wanting to admit they were 180 wrong in putting together the O the way they did this season.

5. feldspar

feldspar Member

So, you admit that you've just made this up?

Now you are trying to tell me that they were actually getting "fed up" with the guy that they handed more money to than any other player in NFL history? They were getting fed up after just one game?

Your argument is completely unfounded and ridiculous. The Patriots weren't even considering giving Brady a shot.

6. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

They brought in huard to backup Bledsoe so they didn't think anything of Brady. More anger was shown towards bb than Bledsoe that year. If the pats continued to lose, bb would of been fired well before Bledsoe was ever gonna be benched.

7. Ted

Ted Member

It's entirely possible. I think that falls in line with the Chargers hanging on to Turner so long to prove the firing of Schottenheimer was the correct decision. They may very well be trying to justify the extension of Sanchez and may wind up blaming the offensive woes on losing Holmes.

8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

They did NOT cheer Bledsoe's injury. I was at the game and KNOW they did not cheer the injury.

9. Murrell2878

There was HUGE division amongst Pats fans who were pissed they didn't give the team back to Bledsoe at the time.

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

FTR I do not pretend to know i am right. Just like everyone else here, when we are working with opinions and lack of complete information, we have to acknowledge that we might be wrong.

But my view of what is going on I think fits a pattern we see again and again in this team and the way it is run.

11. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

or that the team is blackballing him for saying stuff about the locker room over the summer.

12. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

Yep. Tons of my friends were too and he made all that up about the fans cheering bledsoes injury

13. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I would start mcelroy.. But the rex won't cause at this point rex is looking to save his job. With the scedule being realtivlly weak.(Even though we are so bad, teams are as excited to play the jets) he going to try and win atleast 4 games to finish 8/8 and live to fight another day. It would be better long term if woody endorsed rex coming back now, so he could start to see what other guys can do. Sanchez,green, scott,pace.thomas should all not play another down this season. For all his talk, rex doesn't have the balls to do that. Sucks that this season will be complete waste. Bad team and no understanding of young talent.

14. nyjunc

nothing was made up. you are making things up, Bill Belichikc may not have had a job after '01 if he kept losing w/ Bledsoe.

Yes they did, the way our fans cheered Clemens coming into the pats game in '07. It may not have been direct but they went wild when Brady came in which was cheering the fact that Bledsoe went down.

15. Murrell2878

No they didn't.

16. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

There's an argument to be made about that, though. Holmes is the only experienced receiver on the team and still, after missing the overwhelming majority of games this season, has the second most receiving yards of our WRs.

17. nyjunc

yes they did, I have it on tape so unless they were piping in boos and cheers it was real.

18. Murrell2878

They did not cheer the injury. I was at Foxboro that day. There was stunned silence over the hit. There was no cheering of Bledsoe getting injured.

19. Ted

Ted Member

Initially I thought the Jets and Sanchez in particular, would be better off without Holmes. Now, I think it's hard to debate because Sparano has the offense to screwed up to project where it might have been with Holmes.

20. Ted

Ted Member

I would like to believe they would have cut him and am astonished they didn't.