mangini

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by chris5533, Nov 25, 2012.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Favre and Mangini had their differences.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Coleman started 32 games for Atlanta in 2008 and 2009 with 3 Int's and 4 forced fumbles. I don't think he was nothing and I don't think the Jets safeties were better than him in 2008 and 2009.

I could be wrong on this but the man is still starting games in the NFL in 2012.

3. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

No, Rhodes was here thru 2009. Vilma wasn't a "3-4" Linebacker and he had his differences with Mangini. I do get what your saying though.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Nobody is going to want to come to this big mouth train wreck unless house is cleaned

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this and no retreads.

i cant stand demoting guys and would never want to send a guy out only to bring him back at a lower position at a later date. no way.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Mangini was a better talent evaluater then anyone currently employed by the Jets, Think about it all our stud players besides Cromartie and Holmes(yes Holmes) came from the Mangini era, Keller,Mangold,Harris,Revis,Brickashaw, not to mention Leon Washington,Brad Smith,Kerry Rhodes,Dwight Lowery, who were also very solid players , with Rex we have drafted Wilson,Wilkerson,Couples,Greene,Sanchez,Mcknight,Hill,Kerley the drafts haven't even been remotley close talent wise you can make an argument to get rid of everyone aside from Wilkerson,Coples,Mcknight and Kerley

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

One thing i definitely can say about Mangini during his time here is he's a very good talent evaluator especially thru the draft.

8. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

I think Mangini is not a good signal caller. I think he is a great game planner. he beat the saint, pats and went to overtime with the jets with one of the worst rosters in all of football (browns).

If he were to ever HC again, he really needs a good game day DC. The year with Favre was probably our best shot to win it all since 1998. Eric got screwed. No way is he coming back to work for Woody. I do not think that will happen

9. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

did Bret really want him fired? I've never heard that, he gave his kid Bret as a middle name...

10. Duck

Duck Member

i just wish there was a third harbaugh we could hire

11. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

ive been watching all the niners games. that is the exact type of team i would like the jets to be. they play so smart.

12. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Managini/tannenbaun churned out some solid drafts. Seems based on tannebaums performance since Mangini left that Mangini was the brains in that department. I remember reading a book that mentioned how Mangini had this complex computer system he developed for evaluating players. I think the book was war room. You would tHink tanny would have stole that from him before he left or at least some of it would have rubbed off.
    It's also clear that Rex won with the talent Mangini brought in here in his term. Can he be a GM?...I dont know but i would definitely put under consideration. Doubt he would come back here to do that though but maybe I'm wrong.

I think him being defensive coordinator is a bad idea. He was never really a good coordinator. His defense in new England struggled and he didn't have much of a resume that proves he can do that job.

13. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

And favre hated Schotty much more than Mangini, and Schotty was kept around so i'm not buying that theory at all.

14. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Mangini will never return to this team ..Ever! First of all if he couldn't hold his own against Tannenbaum , then he doesn't have the spine or fortitude to hold any position on an NFL team. To be honest I thought Mangini would have gotten another chance after that year , But When Rex came on the scene with all that bravado ;I think like a lot of people I didn't miss him much.

Nice look back , but that's one of our problems as a fan base. We are always looking back and thinking about what could have been.

I think Rex cant be taken seriously any longer. He will go down as one of those coaches that made a better coordinator then a head coach!

15. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Mangina sucked! He sucked in cleveland as well now he works as a commentator. He had no clue as a coach, and it was easy to see. I highly doubt he would be a good gm as well. Its real simple.....our season plans got messed up due to injuries, but it doesnt hide the fact that sanchize isnt capable as a starting qb and the proof is in the pudding. Whats been transpiring on the field can be blamed on rex, but most of our trouble is our gm who obviously has given too much money to players who cant give what they get. The mangini ideas are absolutely laughable. Sorry to offend but its true.

16. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

You forgot Eric Smith man! How could you forget Eric Smith?!

Seriously, there are a couple others I would throw in, especially Leon Washington, but I tend to agree with your point especially when you look at HOW MANY picks Mangini had. I didn't realize this until I looked it up just now and you're really right. I had gone with the pack thinking Mangini had hit a lot of talent, but he had quite a few picks back then. Buy enough lottery tickets and you're bound to win something.

17. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Mangini is not a leader of men. He's a great assistant coach and football guy but guys...please.

18. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Mangini lost the locker room and the players respect he would be as disaster in any capacity with the Jets. Some of his drafts were solid but of course there's Gholston, but Mangini is gone and needs to stay gone.

19. BleednGreen247

bring back the mangenius