Embarrassed to be a Jets Fan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Tommytunes

Tommytunes Banned

Running into your own guys ass is just about enough I can take of him

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

We're not that lucky....

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Watching his Jet career go bye-bye....

4. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

Everyone shouting about Sanches 66 % completion 1 TD 1 INT 300 yds plus
    game very nearly ran one in .15 minutes of Chaos was the difference in the
    game ,saying that Pats are and have been a much better Outfit for some
    time ..

Anyone paying money to watch that last night will not be happy ,but perhaps better last night than the usual heartbreaker with everything on the line in 5
    weeks time ..

5. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Look, if you're really interested in joining the group let me make a few calls. I know a guy that might know a guy who might be able to help get you in, capiche?

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

you guys were the ones i was thinking about during this game. People spent money and had to plan their Thanksgiving around game tim,traffic cold etc. And for that performance? Deserved your money back at the least.

7. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

'Ass' play puts the official stamp on this as a 'Same Old Jets' team

Well Sunshiners, you have tried for a couple of years now to convince us Darksiders that this team was different. If the play of the team this year, complete with bad mistakes, hilarious turnovers, being mentally unprepared and just plain stupid wasn't enough, we now have that watershed moment that every 'Same Old Jets' team eventually has: a play so stupid and embarrassing that it becomes a permanent highlight for everyone to laugh at.

I present to you Mark Sanchez running into the ass of his lineman without being touched.

Two other plays that come immediately to mind as the type of play that makes you want to hide your face:

Dan Marino's fake spike
    Buddy Brister's shovel pass to a Panthers lineman that was returned for a TD

What other plays are there? C'mon Darksiders, help me out with some other ones.

8. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

why u so giddy that our team is playing bad?

have u lost all perspective?

9. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Queue the homers claiming how this was really a great defensive play by the Patriots.

I agree this play will be synonymous with the failure of the Rex/Sanchez era.

10. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

[​IMG]

All that is missing is Tebow in Back Field running in picking ball up and taking to the house ,this was deffo a designed play they just forgot to put Tim on
    :shit:

11. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

A thread should be created for all the upcoming ass fumble gifs and jokes that will soon flood the Internet.

Sanchez is actually improving as a qb. Usually he has his head up his own ass but now he's adding to his arsenal.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Just for the record, the Brister pass was not intercepted by a lineman. It was intercepted by linebacker Sam Mills.

Everett McIver allowing Bruce Smith to concuss Boomer Esiason was another all-time classic Jets blunder.

13. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

pmsl :rofl:

14. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

Gastineau's personal foul vs browns in playoff game

Keith Byers fumble vs Denver in playoffs

If you want some more recent one's

Sanchez strip sack td at end of half vs Pitt in playoffs, I'm sick now. Done

15. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

it truly is embarrassing, sometimes I wonder why I even watch or get my hopes up but then I get sucked back in off of some little glimmer of hope. I guess we are all just gluttons for punishment deep down...

16. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Yesterday was embarrassing on the field, after the game off the field and in the stands as well.

Total disgrace.

17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

1986 playoffs against Cleveland: Gastineau roughing the passer against Bernie Kosar on 3rd down and 24 from the Browns own 18 yard line late in the 4th qtr with the Jets up 20-10. The resulting penalty kept the drive alive after an incomplete pass. Jets lose.

18. The_Darksider

Giddy? Are you out of your mind? This is what happens when you get so angry, that you can't be angry anymore. I would have a heart attack. This is what happens when the script starts to play itself out again, just like it has so many times before. To be a fan of this joke of a franchise means having to deal with this kind of stuff every few years. I am not happy in the last, I'm heartbroken. We're back at square one again.

When your heart is crushed, sometimes you have to laugh so that you don't cry like a blubbering baby.

19. The_Darksider

Yeah, how did I forget the roughing the passer call? That is one of the biggest.

20. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I just realized; nobody on here should be embarrassed.

We, as fans, aren't staking our entire lives on this performance. The most we might do is not wear green/talk to our friends about this for a while. However, Sanchez will have to live with 'the butt fumble' for the rest of his (maybe short) nfl career. All 53 players on that team will have to live with those 21 points in less than a minute for the rest of their careers.

For the most part, we will just have to live with this until the end of the regular season.