Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Come on guys, you guys can't be serious. Sanchez just had one of his best games in his career. 26/36, 301 yards and 1 TD. If he keeps on this pace, he will be one of the greatest QBs Jets has ever had. If FO can bring in more talented WR/TE/RB/OL corp around him, he is not too far away from Tom Brady or Pyton Manning. After all he beat these two HOF'er in playoffs. Don't you guys remember?
    Show some love to this kid. Sure he ran into ass and fumbled today, but who hasn't? Who hasn't had some brain fart in his/her life? Just ask yourself, what would Jesus do?
    This thread is getting ridiculously long. Maybe it's time to close it and move on. I guess we have more important things to think about.

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

That gif is pretty funny.

I'm not convinced Sanchez can't be a starting QB in this league. He spent 1 year in college, and it was always said he'd need more time to develop. However, he hasn't really gotten better. His best games are when he plays mistake-free ball and doesn't kill the team. On occasion, he's led huge drives late in games, but he's been a below average starting quarterback since he's been here.

Still think he's probably better than Tebow, though I'm not against doing something like each player getting two series, or Sanchez getting two and Tebow getting one.

He made some beautiful throws today when the game was out of reach. He definitely deserves criticism for the two turnovers he had. The fumble was slightly fluky, but that play looked like it was going 1,000 miles around him adjusting to the broken play. However, he should have more awareness about that by now, and in year four, his ball security is still bad.

4. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

having watched the game, I can't recall any throws that I would say were "beautiful". Not trying to be picky here, but he made some passes that any NFL QB is expected to make routinely. Hell, college QBs are expected to make the throws that Sanchez hit tonight.

I guess what it's come down to is that with Sanchez, even routine passes, if actually made, are considered "beautiful".

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

The talk in this thread especially since last night, is exactly what I'm saying in the pick'em thread. I gave my full opinion there, but I'll say here that I was obsessed with drafting him in 09, and thrilled that we did. I was wrong, but I was only 20 at that time. I didn't have the knowledge of Woody, Tanny, and Rex.

At this point in my life at age 24, I can confidently say that those 3 people are fucking retarded, and I dead seriously feel like I could do a better job. I'm so fed up with this POS QB, and this POS FO, that I was in NO WAY mad tonight at any given point. I had no confidence we'd give them a fair shot at winning, and I had no confidence that Mark would play well. I was 100% right on both accounts, and at this time I just don't know what to think. I'm actually starting to encourage, and love the Jets hate that they have gotten recently. It's just straight up deserved, and imo they aren't getting criticized enough.

We have plenty of key pieces in place, where a COMPLETE overhaul is not needed, but if I don't see some changes in this next off-season, I can simply not support something I have no faith in.

6. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

You know, I really don't want to come across as a defender but I know for a fact that 99.9% of you posting here have never broken down film to see whose 'fault' something is on a play.

(1) Are WR's running the correct routes ?

(2) Are WR's getting separation ?

(3) Is the line giving enough time ?

(4) Does the QB have alternate throwing options if the defense happens to play the first 2 options correct ?

Do you guys think another Andrew Luck (who stunk alot worse than Sanchez did against the Pats) is falling into our laps in the draft, even if we had the #1 pick ? RGIII ?

Maybe you all like Cam Newton after his great 1st year ? How's he doing in Year 2 -- and that's with a top WR in Steve Smith ??

Sam Bradford thrill you as a #1 overall pick ?

Matthew Stafford's next playoff win will be his first.

Ditto Matt Ryan.

Sanchez needs improvement in some basic QB'ing skills. Buf if you guys think you are getting a Franchise QB even if we get a super-high pick (unlikely), go talk to the Cleveland Browns about sure-things. Or Oakland. Or Arizona.

7. JetsKickAss

So at age 20 you were just misguided but at age 24 you have all the answers on how to run a professional football team ??

And you've been working in which NFL team's scouting department the last 4 year ??? LOL

8. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Is the QB running the correct route when he runs in the offensive lineman's ass and fumbles the ball for a TD?

How many films do you have to break down for that?

How about when the QB throws a game crushing INT in the red zone right into a defenders hands. How many times do you have to break that down on film to see that Sanchez is dog shit? Or you can close your eyes and just smell it, like the rest of the world?

#2848 Frenbar, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I think tha from a physical standpoint Sanchez has shown he can be a starter in thisw league.

However I think that playing in the NY market for 4 years after just one of college killed him mentally. He looks like a scared puppy out there and all the mistakes he does seem to be because not enough blood gets to his brain.
    He was not ready to play for a team like the Jets (Rex, NY, etc) and this totally drained his energies.

I think if he goes to a place like KC he cna have a good career. Here he is always going to underachieve when the game is on the line.

10. JetsKickAss

And were you posting this in 2009 and 2010 ??

Do you think having a OL coach as OC (no experience) and a bunch of 4th WR's might explain the lack of production ???

11. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Don't give up after only four seasons. Take a look at Alex Smith. We don't want to jump to the conclusion to early. After what Mark has done for Jets in the first two seasons, he deserves three more years, just like 49ers gave Alex seven years to mature.

12. JetsKickAss

Right, because Sanchez is more scared in Year 4 than in Years 1 & 2.

Plus he had no success those first 2 years so he was scarred.

Got it.

13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

First of all, it's "years", not "year."

Secondly, I never claimed I could be a successful anything. I'm simply obviously implying that those 3 people have done a terrible, terrible job in the recent years. If I had to trust, and keep any of them, it would be Rex, but even he has become more of a Mike Singletary than a Jim Harbaugh type coach in my eyes...plenty of others too. Stop being so blind, and see that Mark will never be a franchise QB. This owner is a pathetic, greedy clueless owner. The Jets GM is a Snyder wannabe, who needs more knowledge of the basic game. Somebody brought up recently that Bryan Thomas is the leading Jets sacker. We're talking about a 1st round bust, (don't give me that decent, solid player bs) who should never be starting on a full time basis. Sure there have been solid picks, but real NFL teams that win on a consistent long term basis, build thru the draft, and never over pay for a player. The Jets are a headlines team, not a winning team. After 10+ years of being a DIE HARD fan, I'm now seeing the flaws in a franchise similar to the Washington Redskins, Los Angeles Clippers, or New York Mets. It's so frustrating, and personally I'm so stubborn, it tugs at my strings, because I can't stop loving the Gang Green. I can't stop bleeding green. .. rant over i guess

14. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

#2854 truthbtold, Nov 23, 2012
  15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Mark is done. Time to trade him to KC or Arizona for a conditional 3rd round pick.

16. Demosthenes9

Because you accidentally included part of the /quote tag inside the BOLD tag. Specifially, this part:

??? [/ [ /B] QUOTE]

#2856 Demosthenes9, Nov 23, 2012
  17. Demosthenes9

Well, I have the All22 coaches film from 4 of the games, and yes, I've watched every play on each of them a number of times while "breaking them down".

That said, we don't need the coach's tape to look at the Int Mark thew at the goal line against Seattle.

1. WR run the correct route ? Check, both Hill and Keller did.
    2. Were they getting separation ? Check, they were both WIDE OPEN.
    3. Did the line give Sanchez enough time ? Check again, he had all freaking day.

Next question ??

18. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

7 years is a hell of a long time in football. And those 49ers teams were terrible those 7 years. Harbaugh changed everything for that team and with the circus we have here, I don't see a coach of his caliber wanting to come here. And by the way, Smith has probably lost his job to Kaepernick.

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Comic relief on that fumble play, let's see there's no RB so I'll run right into Moore's ass and then I'll knock myself down and fumble and the patsies will score a TD on this ridiculous play.....wow!

20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Or a deflated football....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.