Rex Ryan = Herm Edwards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

He is nothing but a big talker who finds himself saying the most over the top and stupid things...Come game-time he has made some ridiculous calls...

Strange but the likeness to Herm Edwards is there in most areas of the game. The ship will sink just as fast as how high it was with Herm when he first got here.

Nope, Rex is not special.

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Herm Edwards brought us to back to back afc title games in his first two years as coach really???Herm edwards didn't do a fuckin thing for the Jets Rex made Jets history.The year is over but being brought back to earth is what Rex needs to be who he was when he first came here, I trust that Rex will have us back to where we once were next year.As a Jets fan those two years were to special to me to say fuck Rex get rid of him.No Loyalty among Jet fans

3. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

At least Herm's teams came to play football most weeks, Rex's teams has had an alarming number of no-shows between the end of last season and this year.

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Id hate to see Rex get fired and have to rebuild all over again. We need to be patient we had two great years now were having two bad years, Next year will be the best???

5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Herm's teams were football teams. Rex's teams are circus acts.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

he is getting there for me.

he is full of shit and unwilling to do the things he needs to do to fix them. he is a blame deflector

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

"Mark gives us the best chance to win"

=

"Hello...You play to win the game."

8. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Herm's teams came ready to play. Way too conservative, play not to lose approach was why he failed. That and dick curl clock management.

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

I never thought I would say this:

compared to soprano, paul Hackett is bill walsh.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Rex does not do offense. Sparano and Schottenheimer have handled that for him. No wonder he struggles at it.

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Since the Eagles game last year, it's been a constant parade of ass-kickings for this team. Alarming results from a coach who's supposed to be a defensive genius.

And it's inexcuseable/unexplainable that this team cannot find a single player who can put pressure on the QB. Our pass rush is a complete and utter joke ... and that's a huge problem in a league where every rule is written to help the passing game.

12. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

No Darrelle Revis, no solid pass rusher, mediocre at best line backer.. the hell do you expect him to do with this defense? Lankster and Wilson blow coverages all the time and Bart Scott gets beat to the sidelines more than he doesn't because he is old and slow. You can't really expect much from him with the personnel he has on the defensive side of the ball nor the offensive side of the ball even though he doesn't even deal with that.

13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Rex is coaching a team of scrubs - half the time I see a players name come up and I am wondering if its a Jet or someone from the other team.

The talent level on this team is low, the only spots where we have a "top 10 player" actually on the field at the moment is 1 CB spot and the Centre - how the hell do you expect anyone to win with that? What other talent poor teams are ripping up the NFL at the moment?

Coaches get way too much credit when a team does well, and too much blame when they do badly, anyone could win with a Brady or a Manning back there, or with the Niners D - the lack of talent is on Tanny and the personnel guys, not on Rex

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

All that says to me is he thinks Sanchez is better than Tebow - well so do the vast majority of the people on this board. That's not the same thing as saying Sanchez is good.

15. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I said "pass rush". Where is it?? It's been FOUR YEARS and this guy hasn't produced ONE single pass rusher. Not one! What's the problem?? Every other team seems to be able to come up with one. Is he in a coma when they put the roster together or does he have a say?

16. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

I think that comes down to not drafting an OLB / 4-3 DE conversion project over those four years. Which would come back to a lack of draft picks to grab one. No one to develop makes it hard to come up with a year in year out pass rusher. And no I don't count inheriting Gholston. I think he'd rather have inherited herpes.

17. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

Did you miss the 1st Patriot game?...When the Jets had a chance to put the game away, Rex morphed into Herm and Kotite (conservative & stupid) to blow a much needed win...

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]W42iiCcFbxE[/YOUTUBE]

19. J_P_5

J_P_5 Member

Next year will be the same if we dont address some major issues and Rex is one of them............

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

so you are saying rex is one of the best HC's in jets history? I'll take that, both have had ups and downs but one has the most playoff wins in jets history and the other is tied for 2nd.