Rex should resign

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Nov 22, 2012.

1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

The preparation is on Rex. This Is a gaggle fuck of players and Rex has done a terrible job of instilling discipline, motivating and finding a way to be productive.

This team runs their mouths, don't show up to games and seem to carry on; however the fuck they want. Fuck that. This isn't Dollywood.

Rex is DC material not head coach quality.

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Sad, but true. Great point.

3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

If Rex signed on to bringing Tebow, he should be fired for that. Ditto MT. This was the debacle that 95% of Jet fans saw coming and yet Woody, MT, and Rex didn't.

The bigger problem is MT who was never a personnel guy, he was a capologist. He is Jerry Jones without the oil experience making personnel decisions for the team.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

So lack of talent is losing the team? I mean, like I said, I think I have different understand than other people of "losing the team". I don't equate bad coaching with losing the team. Semantics I guess really.

The Jets suck talent wise. I place that more on Tanny than Rex like I placed it more on Tanny than Mangini. Maybe Mangini and Rex have more influence than I realize and Tanny is a yes man, that falls on Woody and slightly on Tanny for allowing this.

If the Jets don't let up a KR TD in Foxboro and JJ Swat doesn't tip a ball to a defender we are 6-5. The margin in the NFL is so slim between winning and losing, it's misleading to play the "what if" game in one direction only

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

What the fuck is he supposed to say?

"I'm stuck with a talentless team and I can't take it anymore. We have decided to just give up on this season. We quit."

Of course he's goin to remain optimistic, what kind of HC would he be of he wasn't continuing to fight. Seriously?

This season is a joke but there isn't a whole lot that is going to make things better without the talent to do so. Rex Ryan is not the problem.

6. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

:) How many losing seasons do you need to realize that Rex Ryan is a BIG PART of the problem?

7. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Would Parcells put up with turnovers from his QB like that? What real coach would?

8. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

He is the problem

He does not instill discipline and accountability- his team gets blown out a lot, showing that he does not have the heart and minds of the players in adversity

Plus

No real coach would keep Sanchez in there

#48 Longsuffering88, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

There is no way in hell that Mark Sanchez could have played for Bill Parcells.

10. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

He can't throw Sanchez under the bus because he drafted him to begin with. They are in the same boat till the end.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

It was him or Freeman. And was it him, Tanny, or Woody? If the Jets hired a defensive coach and then gave him free reign to draft a QB, seems like a waste of their scouting talent, OC, and QB coach.

Also, throw in the reason we needed a QB is because we went to get a known one year stop gap instead of going long term.

Rex deserves blame, but I highly doubt he was a main proponent of the Sanchez pick

12. IIMeanDeanII

Considering he hasn't had one yet, I think I'm willing to give the guy at least one. ;)

13. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

And the Jets are still a bigger mess than Casey Johnson........

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

True you would think the Jets were 3-13 in 2011 and 1-10 this year with how people talk. Still, the Jets have to get better and fast.

15. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

There are no leaders. Rex runs his defense and does not understand, manage or get involved in the offense. Sanchez is not even a leader. He does not know how to take control of the huddle, makes zero reads or adjustments at the line of scrimmage and plays a robot in a system. Piece of shit robot.

This team is a bunch o f sheep looking around for a leader that does not exist.

16. IIMeanDeanII

His slow and lackluster talented roster are getting blown out a lot this year. Prior years not so much.

The guy coached up this team very well when there were leaders and talent on this team his first two years but because our cap master in Tanny has allowed the talent of this team go to complete shit the last two years and has also managed to put us in cap hell, we are now having these results.

That is the difference. Rex has already proven to be successful and so many have already forgotten the amount of success he brought to this team in a short time span.

When you don't have the talent you can't implement certain schemes and plans against other teams because you just don't have the talent to execute those plans and schemes.

No amount of coaching will ever change that fact of this game. If your going to win you have to at least have some talent to be successful. Just look t our team, how many players on this roster are you proud to have on your team as a fan? A handful? Maybe?

This roster is a joke. Top to bottom with a handful of exceptions. Two of which are on IR. Do the math and you'll see that this problem is way beyond our head coach.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Rule #1 for Parcells on drafting a QB is that the guy must be a 3 year starter in college and ideally starting from his freshman year.

There is no way Parcells would ever have drafted Mark Sanchez.

For all the talk about Tannenbaum being a Parcells disciple he broke one of the most important rules in the book when he took Sanchez.

18. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

You see, when the fans are promised a Super Bowl prior to every season, when we keep hearing how great this team are, how they are going to beat everyone, how his team is going to see Obama within 3 years, etc.... an 8-8 season pretty much becomes a losing season in the eyes of the fans.

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yes because that guy he drafted in Miami worked out so well. You know the one with a forehead like an aircraft carrier.

20. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

How about holding clowns like Sanchez accountable for being boneheads, or other guys for holding the ball out like a loaf of bread and nine billion other stupid mistakes? Nobody ever gets held accountable, thereby nobody has the fear of god in them to not **** up again.