2012 Week 12 - New England Patriots @ New York Jets Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisIsland18, Nov 18, 2012.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Freaking damn, jerseyjay...can you not have anything positive to say about this team at all? Shit...

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

3. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Wow. You think the Pats will blow us out, but you wouldn't be shocked if we win? Way to cover all of your bases!

I think we will have a tough time covering the midgets. Welker, Edelman, and Woodhead will be running around like little ants looking for food. I thought Trufant was solid in the slot covering those little twerps in week 7, but with him out (He has been placed on IR), I don't know if we have the personnel to match up against the little buggers effectively. They will move the ball underneath.

If we can stop the run, not give up big plays (i.e. contain the dwarves), come up with a few TOs, and not be retarded on offense, I think we have a chance to win. This game means a lot more to us than it does to those arrogant fucks so our intensity will be there.

Jets 20-16 :beer:

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

You think the Patriots will only get into our endzone once? That's pretty optimistic. When was the last time that happened? I hope you're right, but If we win this game I think the score will have to look more like 30-27

EDIT: To answer my own question ... 9/20/2009 Jets 16 - Pats 9

#84 truthbtold, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I just have a really bad feeling about this. Hopefully I'm wrong. That's why I eouldnt be shocked if we won because my bad feeling is a gut
    Feeling based on nothing.

6. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

If there's anything we all should have learned by now, it's that what we expect out of a Pats-Jets game is probably not what we will end up seeing. Yeah, the Pats' offense is clicking and the Jets showed some signs of life last week, but on Thursday night none of that will really mean much. I think it'll be a close game (as usual) and it'll come down to which team makes more mistakes, probably in the form of turnovers.

7. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

What can I say? I'm an eternal optimist. No way we score 30.

8. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Not counting the KR touchdown they only scored 2 offensive tds last game we played them. And that was with Gronk who scored both. It's possible we hold them to one touchdown.

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

In the first game Gronk had 2 scores and they ran one back...odds of another kick off return for a TD?
    Gronk isn't playing. So they guy we had the hardest time covering isn't there. Landry and bell will be closer to the line and try to cut down the short slants and screen they Pats love to run while being in position to limit the running game.

ESPN showed a stat that the Pats go from 66% favorite to a 59% favorite without Gronk in the lineup for all their games. That is huge! And if Hernandez plays he isn't going to be 100% and he doesn't play the same position in that offense. If Hernandez was so close to 100% on Sunday he would have played and 4 days of rest won't get him to 100% suddenly.

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You are working on season long stats. The last game the Jets ran a rotation of a generally healthy group of Greene, McKnight and Powell, and ran it for 124 yards. And that was after mostly looking like crap the first 15 or 20 minutes with the passing game. If the Jets can get that kind of production out of that rotation this Thursday, they'd be stupid not to try and establish the run. Doing so will set up the pass, even the longer pass. Conversely if they go out and go pass happy from the beginning of the game, you are much more likely to see turnovers.

The Jets cannot outscore NE in a high scoring game. That's the bottom line.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

If I were a Pats fan, since the last game these two played I'd be aware that Wilkerson has taken it up a few notches. If the Pats don't account for him he will I guarantee it blow up some plays. NE is used to seeing the Jets DL with a pretty good run D and a so so pass rush. But Willkerson is becoming a difference maker. DeVito and Pouha are also healthy, even if their rotation is thin with Ellis (I think) likely out. I'd like to mention Coples, too, but I am not sure he's been consistent enough to say you will see improvement from him since the last game.

I don't pass for a sunshiner around here, and I hope I am not giving too much credit. But imo this seems to me like the biggest difference we've been seing of late at least from the D since the first NE game.

On the flip side fwiw and unlike some past NE-Jet games, I would hardly suggest that Keller should be giving you guys nightmares. Perhaps someone forgot to tell him it's his contract year.

12. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I thought the Jets held their own defensively last time around. Those late key stops were huge. Does Wilkerson usually line up on the same side or do they move him around much? Aside from the passing game, the Patriots will really miss Gronk being able to help out with double teams and throwing a little chip block on his way out on routes. Teams have to respect his ability as a receiver... not so much if it's Daniel Fells or Hooman-a-whatever-his-name-is.

From behind enemy lines...

The Patriots pass D looked awful against the Bills and then stunk for the first quarter-plus on Sunday. It looked like Luck was going to light them up all day. But they settled down after that point and played fairly well against the pass.

Talib makes the secondary better just by manning down one of the corner spots. Rookie Alfonso Dennard has been playing very good ball for the last few games and that's allowed the Patriots to move McCourty to safety, where he's played better the past two seasons. He had a couple of really nice plays on Sunday, including one on Avery on a deep ball where he reminded us that yes, he actually does have ball skills if his head is turned. Playing safety allows him to do that more, which seems to be what he needs. The secondary seems to be improving, but the game against Buffalo is making me hesitant to say that emphatically.

The run defense has seemed to be a little weaker since the bye, but again it's only a small sample size. If I'm Sporano I test them early and often. Especially since any semblance of a run game will be so beneficial to Sanchez.

Offensively, you know what you're getting. I think the Jets will see plenty of Ridley and Vereen, and probably Woodhead since NY's linebackers aren't exceptionally strong in coverage. If Hernandez is back, I think he will be close to 100%. They rushed him last time and he aggravated the ankle.

Can't wait to be full of turkey and good and wine drunk for Thursday. Cheers...

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

As for this game im going to get clowned for what I am about to say. If we lose so what but this game feels like another Rex Ryan run into the playoffs. It all started last Sunday while beating the Rams and will continue this Thursday as the JETS beat the Patriots.

Yes, we beat the Rams but that game showed some sign of spirit in this team. The Defense along with the offense played good. I'm assuming this can only get better. Heck, we should of won the first matchup. The crowd needs to get loud and Brady needs to get sacked. Cant wait for Thursday!

14. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

No way Talib is a top 5 corner IMO. At the very least, he's behind Cromartie, Tillman, Joseph, Browner, and Peterson.

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I actually agree with you:eek:hmy:

But yeah. Winning yesterday will get some of those who remembered the magic right back in MetLife cheering on the Jets. Defense will make some HUGE plays..

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Talib is a top 5 CB now? Lmfao

17. DarkKnightXIII

I hate sounding like a pessimist, but whatever. Way too many fans are looking at this Jets team with green-tinted lenses.

This is not a contention year. Yes, the AFC is so top heavy that we do have a chance to sneak in as the six seed. To what end though? To watch this team get blown out in the first round, the second round if we're blessed by the grace of God?

The most important non-quaterback in the entire league, Revis, is out for the season. Other than Mangold, do we a single healthy player who is top 5 at their position? How bout top 10? We have below league average players at every skill position on our offense. And where are the playmakers on our defense? At the very least the organization definitively now knows Mark Sanchez isn't the long term guy.

Look, I'm always going to cheer for the Jets to win every game, but damn if this team a.) didn't need a organizational-wide wake up call and b.) isn't in dire need of a franchise player at the top of next year's draft. The absolute worst place for a team to be is trapped in the middle of the pack.

And all that's WITHOUT factoring in this team's current chemistry/leadership standpoint... Christ almighty.

18. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I think the Patriots may have taken the Jets a tad lightly last time with all the talk about the Jets self-destructing and all. They won't this time. Still Ryan has developed some good defensive schemes against Brady so I think it could certainly be close. A lot will depend on whether Hernandez can play and contribute. If he can they'll they won't be able to focus just on Welker. That will be a big deal but even then Lloyd, Edelman and. yes, Woodhead are all meshing pretty well with Brady these day. The other important players are Mankins and Connelly who I think would be the difference between a decent running game and just a average one.

19. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

JerseyJay, you make me look like an eternal optimist my man.

Also, while I usually tend to agree with you on things, there's no way on God's green earth that Aquib Talib is a Top 5 CB. Top 20? Yes. Top 5? Heck no.

20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

AKA, he's been practicing for the last 2+ weeks and they let him take his time because they knew they could get by without him and let him get healthier.