2012 Week 12 - New England Patriots @ New York Jets Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisIsland18, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

No Gronk and no Hernandez is HUGE. We never really had a huge issue dealing with Welker, but being able to focus on him without the 2 TEs was very difficult. This game should be easier than the first Pats vs Jets game, plus we have home field. I think we got this. Cro will cover LLoyd, Wilson is usually decent on Welker in the slot. I don't know if that's how we'll play em, but we need a win against a good team, and this is pretty much the last chance to do it. We were so close last time. We have to prove we aren't pushovers. If we win this, we CAN run the table. If we don't, it's very doubtful.

#61 Barcs, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  2. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Hernandez is expected to play.

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Isn't Fells in Bellichick's doghouse?

4. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

He almost played this week but the Patriots decided to be cautious. Even if he's not 100% he presents matchup problems too just not the same as Gronk.

Mike Reiss from the Boston Globe likes to say

"Hernandez is more multi-talented but Gronk is a force of nature".

But it's not to be. I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots go 3 wide more often even if Hernandez plays. The Pats will try to run too of course but the Jets have gotten better at defending that. Certainly last time they nullified the Patriots running game pretty well.

#64 PatsFan2003, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  5. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

We definitely have a chance to win this game. Almost won on the road (between Hill's drop and the time keeper screwing us on the fumble recovery we should have had it) and now we're coming home an injury to one of their most important players? It's not a lock of course, it never is when Brady is in the game and BB on the sidelines but I feel a lot more confident of a win then I did this time last week.

As many have already pointed out: a win gives us a shot at the wildcard spot with our weak schedule down the stretch, even with a loss we would mathematically have a chance but it's all but certain that we wouldn't make it as far as I'm concerned.

6. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

To me the key will be containing Ridley, Vereen and Woodhead out of the backfield. With Gronkowski out, even though he's an excellent run blocker, I fully expect the Patriots to pound the rock more-so than they did in the first match-up. Thank Brian Schottenheimer for foolishly getting away from the run yesterday, because as soon as St. Louis did that the game was ours. New England has shown a tendency to stick with the run this season even when they're not running for more than two or three yards a pop.

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Id feel alot better about this game with Revis back there covering Welker,Cro should do a good job but he isn't Revis no matter how good he has been

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I'm being really pessimistic here, but this is the kick em while they are optimistic game form the Jets. We won't get 45-3, but it will be a 42-14 game or something along those lines for the Pats. As of right now the Jets have a decent shot at winning and I wouldn't be shocked if they won. But if I had to wager on something, Pats win by 3 TD more. No reason, just a bad gut feeling

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Gonna need the offense to step up like they did last time. It will take a complete game, special teams needs to wake the fuck up.

10. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

They're gonna throw at Wilson 15 times Thursday.

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

We're going to need a decent effort on all three fronts. The defense has been playing well. Turnovers are critical. We need to have a decent running game, and Sanchez has to be on top of things. Special teams need to get their shit in gear. We can't afford blocked FGs and TD returns on kickoffs. It's time for Coples to sack Brady hard. Keep the pressure on. Greene and Powell need to work it and the oline must be in sync! If they let in a big hit on Sanchez early, we're in trouble.

#71 Barcs, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  12. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

Some of you guys are a little too optimistic. But hey to each their own. I understand Gronk is out but Brady looks like hes heating up the past few weeks. Its going to come down to how our offense can play. Our special teams really needs to step it the fuck up or we're doomed.

13. RevisXt

RevisXt Member

This is the biggest "must win" of the season. Its going to be close at the end, and if Rex does as piss poor a job at clock management as last time it will really hurt our chances. I feel the Jets will have much more to play for than the Pats. Also I'm very excited to see Powell get more carries after the his 2 TDs against the Rams and see what he can do.

14. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

you sound scared as hell homie

15. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

our defense always plays Brady tough, he has never been able to do squat against us. Sanchez brings his A game against the Pats, something about the bright lights, national broadcast, big city just brings out the best in Sanchez

300+ yards and a victory. Brady walks off the field with his head down, holding back tears.

16. Professor Frink

The Jets' defense does not always play Brady tough. In fact, when Brady faces their defense for the second time of the year, he usually torches them.

Combined score of the second matchup during the Rex Ryan era:

113-33

Brady's stat line

75/109 965 yards 8 TDs 0 INTs

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Without Gronk - I worry about Welker in this game. Cromartie doesn't match up well with him. Last time Rex put Trufant I believe on him and he did a good job, but it remains to be seen how good of a job as the TEs were torching the Jets, so they didn't have to force it to Welker and they had some dubious playcalling I thought.

If Rex puts Wilson on Welker, it's going to be a LONNNNG night, maybe Trufant or Lankster with HELP will at least contain Welker somewhat (by "contain" I mean 5 or 6 catches)

The Patriots offense is dangerous even without Gronk and they will get their points. It's just a matter of surviving the storm with them.

The blueprint is out there on how to beat the Patriots though:
    -Don't turn the ball over
    -Make enough stops to keep the game reasonable despite their ability to score
    -Be agressive on offense / play to outscore them ***sounds silly but its true. This means going for TDs instead of settling for field goals, attacking that defense with big plays, not playing the T.O.P. or field position game (doesn't work with them)

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The problem with playing the Pats is that Belichik has such a deep roster on O that he can go into a game picking who he will give emphasis to. Take a guy like Edelman. He normally is not one you first would think of when someone says Pats O. But he had a huge game against Indy.

Earlier in the season they seemed to be demoting Welker. Guess what, that was temporary, and Welker is still a huge threat.

But Belichik is not perfect, and Brady still is susceptible to getting pressured, as all Qb's are. Maybe Wilkerson has a big game and blows up his man on the OL. And clearly the Jets cannot afford to even tie the turnover battle, let alone lose it.

On O I am intrigued by the Jet rotation for the RB's in the Rams game. Suddenly Powell and McKnight both seem healthy enough. This rotation along with Greene is what I would emphasize to keep Brady on the bench.

On D Kyle Wilson has to have a very good game, which I don't know is in him in a pressure spot like this. I expect the Jets to go three safeties on many sets, too.

Jets will probably lose, but they have a shot. Gronk out is a help, but probably not enough.

19. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

never had a huge issue with welker? he has routinely torched us.

last 6 games against us:

6 rec, 66 yards, 1 rush 17 yards
    5 rec, 124 yards
    4 rec, 64 yards, TD
    7 rec, 80 yards, TD
    6 rec, 38 yards, TD
    15 rec, 192 yards

20. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

pats have a shot to end our season and step on our throats. they also have talib on there squad, who is a top 5 corner. passing will be a bit tougher this time around.

i think this will look alot like their win vs the colts sunday. we score a few times, but get anialited overall