Jets rip Tebow according to Manish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Diddy, Nov 14, 2012.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Diddy,,I just read that and was going to post it :beer: You guys think this is just gonna blow over or that the team / locker room is solid ? Think again,, this is just the beginning, last year was nothing compared to this-----in my eyes it's over blow the whole thing up and start over top to bottom,,, clean house !

2. Bannon

Bannon New Member

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

At least they got a clean shot before it started. 3-6 is not going to get it done, so it's not like a good season down the drain.

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Time to abandon ship? I think Greene is saying that if you don't perform and not winning, you should be benched.....He needs to look at himself.

5. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I don't know, maybe. You can't throw a rock without hitting a Christian in an NFL game.

Tebow is sort infuriating because he seems to have integrity, to be authentic through and through. So that kind of Christianity can be polarizing -- people respect it and resent it.

But I resist that theory for this reason -- people were the same way about Tebow before they even really knew that about him. We've done this whole opera in the SEC. I think the main thing about him is how . . . . <yeesh> he looks throwing the ball. Those of us that like him remember what we thought when we saw him throwing it. Some people never get over that. Some people push through it, notice that he seems to get results that are disproportionate to how he looks throwing it, and like him all the more.

6. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It's never time to give up. I'm just saying it's not like a good season was in progress and then drama cropped up to ruin it.

It's more like a giant bed-shitting, and somebody shows up and says "wait, let me get in on this action, too!"

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Well, the guy did his job. I've had 3 people reference his article to me, and I told 2 more about it thinking it was a huge story.

I'm starting to think Greene's attitude might be slightly more in line with what the locker room is thinking (needing SOME sort of change). I think the Jets will have an 'us against the world' mentality.

Was it like this in 2009 as well, by chance? I didn't become a fan until 2010, so I'm not sure...

8. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Man this team is officially a circus. Hurts me to say that.

9. catfish

catfish New Member

when you have a "its ok to say how you feel" policy you reap what you sow, at least he put his name next to it, still think the whole team should cold shoulder the media for a bit

10. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I'm calling it first, right here and now -- some kind of redemption on the field for Tebow, and then a new nickname in the media: Terrible Tim!

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't remember well, but there was always talk about mishandling Sanchezo r playing poorly. I believe in 09 we had two separate 3 game losing streaks.

12. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Tim the Terrible?

13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'm on the fence when it comes to this, I really don't like anybody ripping other players on the team even if it was preseason or weeks ago or just yesterday. It's uncalled for and nonsense. But I think it's apparent that Rex has lost control of this team. Can he get it back? I don't know but mt outlook is sketchy at best with him.

I will say this about Tebow and myself, I didn't want him, not even for the bringing togetherness of the lockerroom crap we were sold. When we traded for him I accepted it and rooted for him. I want him to succeed because he wears a Jets logo on his helmet. Do I think he should be the QB of this team? I don't know, can he be worse then Sanchez? At this point even if he is "terrible" what exactly has Sanchez been? Pretty dam terrible. I think benching Sanchez at this point is not an option but I think it should be. I want the Jets to win games and I could care less if it's the prettyboy ladykiller from USC or the guy who wears white athletic socks with black dress shoes and a suit from Florida, just win dam football games. The problem is the Jets have invested so much in Sanchez and so little in what's around him that whoever the QB is they are destined to fail. That falls on Tanny but I honestly think at this point we have to give Tim a shot, we shouldn't coddle Sanchez anymore. If Woody says Tebow will be on this team for 2 more years then we better start using him to win games instead of taking up a roster spot.

I don't buy the crap about his religion driving guys in the lockerroom to dislike him. That's nonsense and anybody who thinks that has obviously never been part of a team or has issues within themselves. I'm not a religious guy nor will I probably ever will be but I've been on teams. You play and work with guys, you don't need to have sex with them. Everybody does their thing and based on what I have seen of Tim I doubt he judges anybody based on personal decisions they make. The guy has been an absolute class act and he doesn't deserve to be shit on by "anoynomous sources".

15. catfish

catfish New Member

more players coming out saying this was bush league

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...ashes-new-york-jets-cowardly-tim-tebow-report

The New York Jets' coach rushed to Tebow's defense, listing his attributes to the entire team, according to sources. At one point during the meeting, Ryan asked for the player who called Tebow "terrible" in the article to identify himself.

no one responded

Several players insisted this won't be a repeat of last season, when there was sniping in the locker room and a rift between Sanchez and wide receiver Santonio Holmes, who currently is on injured reserve.

"No question it can be harmful," safety Yeremiah Bell said. "That's why the story's out there, is to try to kind of break this locker room up and make us turn against each other. But that's not what we're about. We all think that the source is not credible, we don't believe we have those types of guys in this locker room. It's just ridiculous to us."

"I've never heard anything so disgusting in my life," said linebacker Bryan Thomas, the team's longest-tenured player. "In the history of me being here and playing football, I've never heard anybody say, 'That guy is terrible.'"

Thomas was so outraged that he said he'd fight anyone who called him out like that. Asked if Tebow reacted that way, Thomas said, "He's not that type of guy. He'll probably pray for you."

16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

LOLOL, I loved Thomas's quote.

But, this is honestly a much better response than I expected. You can tell that the team at the very least, respect this guy as a person. This is minus that one 'anonymous' quote.

Honestly, I believe the locker room has it together this year. Either that, or they're extremely good actors.

17. catfish

catfish New Member

Slauson has already said he wasn't quoted accurately, whoever it was that is the anonymous guy, may legitimately not know he said anything at all hence why noone owned up...it is looking like a bullshit article pretty much all around

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Let's be honest, there are tons of "great" players in college who never amount to anything in the NFL Is Tebow one of them? I don't know but of course his former college teammates will say that about him.

Good to see guys standing behind Tebow, Thomas is right. It is disgusting. You don't do that to a teammate. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see if something like this was said...

Manish "What do you think of Sporano's use of Tebow"
    Player - I think it's "terrible"

19. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Cleaning House will set us back 10 years, will end up being the Clevland Browns for 10 years.Everyone always says "clean house" like thats some easy thing to do. Yea Woody is gonna fire Rex who won 4 playoff games in two years and got us 60 min from the Superbowl two years in a row. The great organizations don't overeact and start firing people. Look at the Giants everyone wanted Coughlin fired after missing the playoffs two years in a row and they went on to win the Superbowl now he is a hall of fame coach just like that.We need to stick with Rex, I don't want to be one of those teams who have a new coach ever two years

#519 LongIslandBlitz, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  20. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

Maybe take a step back so you can take two going forward.