Jets rip Tebow according to Manish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Diddy, Nov 14, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Also good points. That makes more sense with Slauson saying this. It also looks bad for Manish because he sat on quotes and just waited.

2. JFjets

JFjets New Member

I posted again several hours later saying that I was referring to the game winning drive. If I had known my comment was going to cause you so much angst, I would have gone to great lengths to clarify just exactly what I was talking about. Talk about taking things 100% literally.....

geez.

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I don't know that. I know he's never liked him, and I speculate that he's always thought he was overhyped. To be connected at all with the state of Florida, and not a Gator fan, you get pretty sick of Tebow. You are predisposed to to dislike him.

But it may not be -- I do know that saying to the media that one of your teammates is "terrible" is bad, bad judgment, and displays bad, bad character. You may disagree, you may think that is normal, but I think it displays something else going on. The people that don't like Tebow may say "But what if it's just that Tebow is terrible?" To that I say -- makes no difference. You don't say that unless there's something else going on in terms of your judgment, character, or resentment. Because there have been plenty of players in the NFL that one could call "terrible," yet it is still just not done. So my mind tends to look for other motivations.

4. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Your brief post has being symbolic of all that is wrong with America. And they say Tebow fans overreact.

5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

If that were true, Rex would have went after the reporter/media instead of acknowledging he took his team to task for anonymous quotes. If it were months ago, Rex would have attacked the media. He didn't. That speaks volumes.

6. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Such is the cycle of Tebow. And then it will make it that much more interesting the next time he gets a chance to play.

It lowers the bar way down -- because he's "terrible" now, and so if he's anything other than "terrible," it inspires people. So they over-trumpet whatever he achieves, sort of pushing back against "terrible," and then that makes the people that don't like him even madder.

7. dusterfan

dusterfan New Member

This is a no hyperbole zone. Everything has to 100% factual. Sheesh "kids these days".:jets:

8. Bannon

Bannon New Member

How does Rex know when the quotes were taken? I doubt he got down in the weeds with them and asked who it was and when the quotes were. I think he probably spoke harshly about bad-mouthing a teammate through anonymous quotes to the media.

So, doesn't speak volumes to me.

9. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I did not say one bit that it shows character. I just know that it was not because Tim went to Florida and Antonio went to Florida State.

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

It should, because Rex is the had coach. He should know. If Rex isn't "down in the weeds", they should toss his ass immediately. He spoke with the team. They are either denying it, or telling him it was months ago. He already admitted to losing the team last year. I guess now it's cool that it's a regular thing?

Your quote: "I think he probably spoke harshly about bad-mouthing a teammate through anonymous quotes to the media."

Yeah, a harsh talking to will do it. Come on dude.

11. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I think he has to make a decision about whether to say "I want to know who it was!! Right now!! And when was it!!!" Not necessarily a good way to address it. A more normal course of action is to address it to everyone, say "I'm not going to address a quote that a player is not man enough to sign is name to." Because if you try to investigate it, you're giving it credence. You're letting it waste even more time.

12. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Yeah, but I'm just saying there's something else going on, and I think Cromartie has resented Tebow from the beginning. He's been sending all kinds of signals the whole time.

Other than get out of the way and pretend to be blocked when Tim was scoring a game winning touchdown on his team, Cromartie has never done any favors for Tebow. :smile:

13. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

If all this is actually true, this team needs to be blown up. The fact that there are people in this locker room willing to talk to the media anonymously about another teammate is deplorable.

If this team was as united as Rex says, nothing would ever leave Florham Park. It's not like this is the first time this has happened either, and that is what makes it even more shitty.

Last year people blamed Holmes, he's at home with his freak injury. They blamed Burress, and he's also at home. They blamed Mason, LT, etc. They are all gone. As much as I disregarded LT this season for talking crap about the locker room, I am now convinced that he's being 100% honest about what is transpiring in there.

Let's be honest, if Sanchez had played lights out this year, we wouldn't have heard this media roar to start Tebow (aside from the Tebow-ites). However, Sanchez has played poorly, and now everyone is looking for a savior. These are paid professionals, they need to shut the hell up and play football.

When a starting QB comes out and says "I'm to confidant to worry about losing my job" after going 9-22 (ranked 30th in the NFL), something needs to change!

If this team can't deal with the media outcry, then it's time to flush out the bad blood on this roster. This should include everyone from the GM on down since they are the ones responsible for putting this team together, and controlling the locker room.

I really hope this team thrives on this internal dysfunction. Otherwise, they are going to go 5-11.

14. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Rex may be brash, but I don't think he's that brash to anger a member of the media. They're like a pack of wolves; when they smell blood; they'll be out to get it. Same goes for weakness.

If anything, this gives the Jets something to unify behind. A crazed media determined to make them the joke of the NFL by whatever means necessary.

Don't be surprised we perform a hell of a lot better over the remainder of the season. If we don't, I'll eat crow.

16. scarfnation

scarfnation New Member

The Jets are absolutely fucking trash. It is a disgusting time to be a jet fan. The team isnt even good and they are talking about how bad their backup QB is. I hate this fucking team.

17. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

#497 Diddy, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  18. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Wow. Another article, and this one kind of goes the other way. Michael Silver is more respected and accomplished than Manesh. And this one builds a few quotes that tend to show some player support for Tebow -- specifically some quotes from Shonn Greene that imply a change at QB might be a good idea.

It makes me wonder if Silver was around getting his quotes, and Menesh wanted to steal the thunder of the story hitting, so he unloaded the anonymous quotes he was sitting on?

Note -- the story doesn't imply a change is coming. Rather, it questions why Ryan seems so resistant to it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--s...ts-to-hand-ball-to--terrible--tim-tebow-.html

19. Bannon

Bannon New Member

20. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Yea I've said this all along. Manish Mehta just really wants a job at ESPN.

And think about it buddy. Tebow a staunch Christian who refuses to have sex with woman, does not drink (I am assuming) smoke or party. Antonio Cromartie 8 children, probably drinks, smokes and parties often. What sort of correspondence do you see there?