Jets rip Tebow according to Manish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Diddy, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Tight

Tight Active Member

I was just going to say this.. Whats going on there ? The Guy is a jet at the end of the day...

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Like Tebow or not this is just wrong, I dont feel like Tim has done anything to deserve this.

3. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Tim Tebow is a good man; but bringing him here,
    particularly given the fragile psyche of Sanchez, will
    go down as one of the bigger mistakes in franchise
    history.

4. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Gotta love how this kid handles things:

Tebow asked by a reporter: "Where do u go from here?" His response: "To a special teams meeting."

5. catfish

catfish New Member

slauson stepped up...good for him

"I've always thought Tim was a great player," guard Matt Slauson said. "I never said he wasn't a great player. He's a great dude and I enjoy having him on the team."

Slauson, the only player to go on the record in the Daily News piece, claimed that his quotes in the story, where he referred to Tebow as an athlete rather than a quarterback, were either from earlier in the season or training camp. While many of the team's other veterans either refused to talk or made themselves conveniently absent during the media session, Slauson continued to be accountable.

Asked if Tebow would be able to lead the offense if starter Mark Sanchez were to be injured, he didn't exactly reverse course.

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. We don't have to worry about it right now," Slauson said.

"I don't know what it takes to be a quarterback. I get paid to protect them, but I've seen him throw some really good balls."

http://www.indystar.com/usatoday/article/1705605?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|IndyStar.com|s

6. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Talk about causing a stir.

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I'm glad Slauson stepped up. Good for him. He has a lot more respect in my eyes than some of these 'unnamed' sources.

8. catfish

catfish New Member

what is good about it is that it means these quotes could have all been taken out of context, or said in a fit of anger....Manish got what he was aiming for though...it is all people can talk about

9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I think who ever comes up and says, "I made those comments, im sorry, I was frustrated by the questions" and do what Slauson did, I think they will gain recognition and prove that the Jets have accountability. Also I think the Tebow fans will respect them and completely forgive them. And I think that they will get rid that dark cloud over the Jets. Maybe if they do this, they can be respectable in the eyes of Jets fans again.

10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Maybe this gets the distraction off of Sanchez....?

Everyone has been talking about Tebow and our teammates being idiots. Nobody has really been thinking about Sanchez.

Look at how many guests/views this thread has.

11. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I've heard this a lot, and I don't fully get it -- is it that perhaps Sanchez would have been a franchise quarterback for many years to come, if not for this? So the mistake was knocking Sanchez from great to ruined?

Isn't it something you'd want to find out, if Sanchez isn't up to it? So one way or another, bringing in Tebow is "calling the question" so to speak? Sure, I suppose one would rather it turned out that Sanchez was the next Eli Manning. But really, doesn't the Tebow pressure sort of just reveal the cracks in the foundation (with Sanchez) that needed to come out one way or another?

12. catfish

catfish New Member

Sanchez is right about one thing, they need to win Sunday or it is going to hit the fan

13. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Maybe it was time for Tim to take a bullet for the team.

14. JerseyJets1988

I'm sure whichever players made these comments are playing as ""terrible" as they believe he is... Not a Tebow fan, but he definitely doesn't deserve that. They need to start acting like teammates

15. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

This is a reflection if the general dysfunction in the locker room. I read crap saying that the team has hung together so far this year. These comments prove it's a lie and an illusion. Rex has jumped the shark (and the shark has just died of internal injuries).

For the record, I hate Tebow as QB and agree with the anonymous comments but the commenters should have kept their frigging traps shut.

Let us fans rip Tebow. That's our job. Yours is to concentrate on making tackles on Sunday and not looking like a total asshole on the field.

16. NY Dork

NY Dork New Member

Tebow led the team on a 95 yard drive in the last two minutes to totally embarass the Jets and Rex. He just sucks terribly.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The quote was "singehandedly". 2 minutes out of 58 isn't singlehandedly beating a team. Whoever said singlehandedly was grossly over exaggerating Tebow's performance that game. Like I said when I quoted the poster, Tebow's pick 6 that game was very important and he did a great job stopping the Jets offense all game long with his sure tackling and tight coverage.

18. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up:

19. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It's just the kind of hairsplitting that only goes on with Tebow -- sure, it's a team game. But not every single internet post can be a work of art. The point was he "carried" the team on that last drive, picking up huge chunks with is legs and arm, scoring the winning touchdown.

When someone says Tebow "led the league in 3 and outs," I don't bother with lectures about it being a team effort to go three an out. When someone says he "lost" to the Patriots, same.

I can't believe this kind of statement, in a passing internet post, is held out as an example of the great "circus" of Tebow. Really? Poorly worded internet posts are the problem?

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Hair splitting only for Tebow? Sanchez gets the same thing on this board and from the media. Eli got it too, even after his first SB. Flacco gets it all day long. Not sure if you visit other forums, but it happens with most teams.

If I said Tebow single handedly lost a game wouldn't you get on me for saying that? Same thing.

And single handedly is not splitting hairs. God forbid anybody says Sanchez has 4 playoff wins on here without 20 posters can't wait to say Sanchez did nothing and rode his defense and run game to those wins. That's hairsplitting because it's easier to say Sanchez has 4 playoff wins than it is to say Sanchez contributed positively to the 4 playoff wins and was not the main or even one of the reasons for the 2 playoff losses he was a part of as starting QB for the Jets.

Here's the quote from page 2 of this "Tebow pretty much singlehandedly beat this team last year and yet all they can do is rip his abilities and they say they can't win with him. Unreal."

Yeah singlehandedly is not splitting hairs. Splitting hairs would be if he said Tebow positively contributed to a win against the Jets and I said he contributed partly positively. That's splitting hairs. This is taking a bad post and calling the poster out on it

#460 displacedfan, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012