Jets rip Tebow according to Manish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Diddy, Nov 14, 2012.

1. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Brett Favre.

2. catfish

catfish New Member

I agree, I have no doubt that the things were said, however if they were said in training camp, or early in the preseason it is a completely different context than if they were said last tuesday....this article is shady, and I can't wait to hear player interviews today

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Sanchez is the starting next year, no doubt about it.

If Tebow is still on this team there will be no doubt that this is strictly a public relations move.

4. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

Just End The Season already

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe he plays worse, maybe he plays better. With the same personnel I don't think it matters much.

6. cobrien

cobrien Member

Don't understand this question........

7. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Start looking at the top QBs in the draft... unless you forsee another Peyton Manning situation coming. Though the Jets kinda did that with Favre didn't they?

8. VanderbiltJets

Look back to the poll about Sanchez, I put him in the bottom 25 of the league. So yes, I'm obviously Sanchez's cousin who blindly defends him. Derp.

I'll respond to your "argument", but I know you won't properly understand my response because you clearly don't know what I meant by "relative". The anti-Sanchez argument is that, not only is he bad, but he's playing worse than he ever has before. Plain and simple, give 2012 Sanchez the Jets' offense from 2009, 2010, or 2011 and his numbers improve.

9. VanderbiltJets

who blamed it on Clinton who blamed it on Bush 1 who blamed it on the alcohol.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I wouldn't look at this draft. I don't see any potential elite QBs coming out.

11. VanderbiltJets

I believe/assume you're right, haven't had time to watch it yet (my browser's been crashing whenever i try to watch a video). Of course, I write this after five attempts to watch a replay of Cutler's concussion

12. kubernetes

kubernetes New Member

The latter would only make sense if the team were built to win right now. It's not even close. I think the FO has to accept that we're going to have to go through a rebuilding period.

13. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

He already was a black dude. His name was Vince Young.

And you're right, nobody had these conversations. Everyone was pretty much cool with the idea that Young was a mediocre quarterback that could be a starter in a pinch or a solid back up. Nobody thought he was a savior, and nobody said he wasn't a quarterback.

Except Vince Young had a handful of off-the-field personality concerns that stunted his career, whereas Tebow is by all accounts a hard worker with a positive attitude.

But nobody is okay with Tebow being thought of in that same regard. He's not allowed to just be mediocre. He either has to be the embodiment of winning or a fullback that has yet to learn how to throw.

But IMO it's got less to do with his color and more to do with his popularlity coming out of college, his religious beliefs, and a genuinely weird season last year.

14. catfish

catfish New Member

agreed, this is a draft to get some weapons on O and get them a year experience, Jets can't money wise afford not to start Sanchez next year anyway. Se what is available following year

15. cobrien

cobrien Member

Bro, the NFL is one of the last places I hold sacred to my heart as being a place where I genuinely feel racism and hate has been stomped out or at least severely thwarted since the early days. Please don't fucking ruin that for me with your bullshit theory, sorry I know everyone's entitled an opinion but think before you post, as some may find this kind of thought process rather old and out dated.

16. VanderbiltJets

To: Tanny
    Re: Rex
    DON'T USE THE FIRST ROUND PICK ON DEFENSE.

17. catfish

catfish New Member

agreed 100% there, they look like they will have a high 1st rounder and they need a playmaker on O in the worst way

18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

While I generally agree, I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to get an *ELITE* pass rusher... when I say elite I mean a real blue chip can't miss going to be top 5 in the NFL for the next 15 years type of player.

Barring that, totally agree.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think this years' draft should be all about getting the offensive line in order as well as the linebackers. Pick up a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round and hope for the best. The next off-season when Sanchez and Holmes are off the books, they should acquire a QB in the draft. Unfortunately, we are in for another year of Sanchez. They need a new philosophy on offense, and I don't trust anyone on the Jets to bring in a new rookie QB we already ruined one.

What the Jets should do going forward is calculate the mean age for every position. Get younger, faster and stronger. Don't wait till the last minute to replace certain players.

20. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

I was in favor of Rex sticking around for another year, but after this I can't take it anymore. I understand it's not his fault Tebow is there, but this is the 2nd straight year with the locker room problems and the anonymous quotes.