Fire Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by milcus, Nov 11, 2012.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'd say your post fits into your logic.

2. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Of all of the complaints about Rex, your issue is that he isn't open enough with the media? :breakdance:

3. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

of course. If only one person person gets the boot then i want it to be Tanny. At the same time, I'm also seeing nothing wrong with a total wipeout & restarting with a new football exec refilling all positions.

4. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Neither Rex nor Sanchez feel like they are playing for their jobs so I don't know what all the fuss is about.

5. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

And that is the problem.

This team has no accountability. There is no reason that Sanchez is still the QB and Rex Ryan is still the coach after refusing to bench Sanchez.

6. NewYorkEveryThing

Andy Reid ?

Rex ryan needs to learn that losing is contagious. That mark sanchez is a loser and playing scared . T.T. at least has a winning attitude..... The jets should wait out the season... Fire Rex! And keep pettine.... Hire Ried and let him draft a late round qb and try to fix Tebow or sanchez or rex should fire sparano and hire reid...:up:

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Cool..

Let's fire everyone because of ONE bad season, with a roster that is riddled with under-performing talent.

Cool..

A lot of you are so dramatic and irrational. It blows my mind. I can name so many more dreadful season's as a Jet fan, and I can't remember the last time a HC made me feel so good about the team I root for like Rex Ryan has accomplished. He is a winner and his resume proves it, even the best have off years. It's not something to panic about.

There is a lot wrong with this team and change does need to be made but firing Rex Ryan is a huge mistake. Everyone forgets so easily all the good RR has already done for this franchise.

It seriously blows my mind how so many can turn their backs on those facts.

Cool though... Cool.

I think I'm done with these forums for awhile. It's a joke.

8. NewYorkEveryThing

We need a offensive genius. Rex can stay.. But the offense is worse it's ever been.... I have seen some bad years.

9. NewYorkEveryThing

Like they did to tebow and sanchez .. Woody should hire competition for Rex!

10. NewYorkEveryThing

Rex ryan really thinks sanchez is gonna snap out of it. sanchez is thinking about his next job or chance somwhere else

11. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

you could start and not do any worse..........:up:

12. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Tannenbaum is a pretty good reason.

13. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

yeah he "changed the culture" and you went to back to back AFCCG's...keep him indefinitely!

14. BTC

BTC New Member

Hell, I have to wonder if Reid would even come to NYJ. I cant really see him being the OC under Rex as HC. Can you?

That said, Reid could handle the offensive side of things with no need for input from Rex at all. Thats what we need if Rex stays. Someone competant enough that they can run the whole offensive show. I wish we'd have gotten Haley.

Reid would say ok...we need to draft this qb. He's the right guy. Then Tanny would say ok cool, thanks....we're gonna draft a kicker instead.

15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I love the passion Rex has for the game of football, and it worked for awile until the talent went to shit and our personal was no longer good enough to back him up.Now I feel like Rex is becoming dilusional .I never thought id say this but it might be time to fire Rex.But it won't happen,he will get one more year to try n fix this,especially with the Superbowl being played at Metlife in 2014. Rex will def get one more chance but if next season becomes a joke he is gone for sure

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Even pretending that Andy Reid would take a OC job is ludacris. The guy will be the biggest free agent head coach to hit the market in years. Teams will be lineing up to make him an offer. He might not want to come to a big market again anyway. Not dealing with a strong media pressence might steer him to a place like Clevland or Jaxonville.And if you ask me Andy Reid should have won the poll for most overated coach in football. In 15 years he went to the Superbowl once and lost, and lost two NFC championship games, In 15 years thats all he acomplished and people want him over Rex, Rex has had the same success in 4 years besides the Superbowl appearance

#176 LongIslandBlitz, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  17. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

The NFL is laughing at us! I cant remember being this much of an after thought outside of the 95,96 season's. That says a lot!

18. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Simple question, Do you put Sanchez even in the same ball park with the likes of Cutler, Eli, Ben?

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

No, interesting you left flacco out. But all these QBs have played terrible games like Sanchez has and won. We unfortunately do not have the talent offensively at the skill positions or overall defensively to make that happen. It sucks. We don't have a QB that can hide some holes but we don't have a team that can hide a QB so we have this mess.

20. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I would say those are some pretty impressive feats, and it probably shows that the guy is capable of getting us to the big game. I think that alone shows that the guy should get some credit despite one bad year that isn't even over yet.

Instead you want to be impatient and give up on a good thing because your mad this won't be our year. Without even realizing that reactions like this is why there is no continuity within this organization.