Fire Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by milcus, Nov 11, 2012.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

we've been to AFC championship games with wayne hunter as well. didnt stop us from getting him off the team.

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

its his job to prepare his team. we are constantly unprepared and sloppy.

it is his job to put us in the best position to win. he constantly doesnt by trotting out the worst qb in football week after week.

it is his job to gameplan and play to his players strengths, yet every week we have guys doing things that highlight their weaknesses and ignore their strengths.

rex is a clown and needs to take a demotion to DC or just leave

3. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

They should not fire Rex, they should wait until Dallas fires his brother, hire him and make it a complete clown show. The Bluster Brothers. IMO, both undisciplined P'sOS.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

rex has lost me at this point. his thick headedness when it comes to sancheese has turned me off to him, as it did to half the team last year and probably will to the entire team this year. you cant keep running him out there knowing he sucks, it hurts everyone... they see it happening over and over and over and wonder to themselves why the fuck should i work hard all week to watch this douche blow it. so there is less focus in practice which leads to mistakes by others.

then you get circles of guys talking and it becomes the focus of what they do when they are around, they begin rolling their eyes in practice they begin talking about it on the sidelines they begin doing nothing but focusing on the fact that the qb sucks and that he keeps on going out there.

at this point, fuck you rex. you know better than to keep this shit up.

5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

You don't til you try right?

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm thinking the "Crying Coach" game isn't gonna work so well this time around.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I would like to see what Mcelroy has if anything,,,,same goes for Tebow and any other player not getting playing time . At this point Sanchez is THE WORST QB in the league and he " gives us the best chance to win " ? COMEON MAN!!!! At this point Rex should have said NO ONES JOB IS SAFE,,,no one! Everyone should get a look to see what we have and who can and can't play. Maybe Rex actually feels until we are officially out of it that can't happen but that is a mistake as was the whole RT situation but I stray .
    I am surprised that no one has gotten an interview / quotes from Woody ,,pretty amazing to me. What is more shocking is Tannenbaum is doing a great invisable man routine right now, does anyone know if he and his " it's a process " are going to be interviewed on any radio show anytime soon, I would luv to hear that .

Rex has gotten stale I am sorry to say,,,,,I appreciate his fire and emotion but the guy needs to kick asses at this point,,,and find answers not wish in one hand and shit in the other! I dont give him another year,,sorry! Like Sanchez he has not gotten better at his job,,,he has not improved on his clock management or put players in best positions to succeed or made in game adjustments and to be honest he looks clueless at these press conferences! He did not have leaders on this team or the pulse of it last year , or now,,,its over lets move on at seasons end and blow it up from top to bottom !

8. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I can agree with this. Mangini was a good coach.

Anyway

I believe Rex can be our coach for a long time. This franchise needs some stability at the coaching position. He gives us an identity and a swagger that we haven't had in a long time. In Rex's first few seasons he came into a situation where he inherited players from the Mangini era. Now he's a few years in let him get the chance to develop his own players. We know what he wants this team to be and that is a tough physical defensive team with a smash mouth running game. That's what he wants so the front office needs to put that personel on the team. Give him players that fit his style of play.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's really easy for perceptions to flip when failure is at hand. The Jets have been a really bad team since last December. That's probably about the point that the locker room issues really took off and Rex lost them. I don't think he's gotten them back since then.

Based on how the season has gone so far training camp really told us everything we needed to know about this team. The rookies weren't making a big impact aside from Coples, who was in Rex's doghouse despite that, and the offense just blew chunks.

Coaches don't lose teams and then get them back. If they have a lot of clout they can turn over the roster in a hurry and try to recover that way but once they've lost the vets it's usually game over for them.

10. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Rex blind loyalty to Sanchez is where he's lost me also. I always felt he deserved to come back next season no matter what. Now I'm seeing him as a coach that's stubborn to a fault & his ego is bigger than what's best for the team. Seeing him throw Sanchez out there every week as the team melts down on the field is just wearing me down & making me less interested in even watching Jets games.

His refusal to consider any other options besides Sanchez really make me think he's too much like his father. Too bad we couldn't just demote Rex to defensive coordinator. Next HC (in about 2 seasons) will be forced to look for another DC.

#150 ajax, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I wonder how many younger fans here even realized that.

How many others wondered how Pete might have fared here if Leon Hess "didn't want to win now" and resisted the urge to hire Kotite as his replacement? I loved Pete as our defensive coordinator in those years and of course now regret he wasn't given a few years as HC.

I need Rex to stand up to Woody to demand some change here, or he'll walk. I'm OK with throwing Tanny under the bus if that's what it takes. We saw how his D can dominate early in his run, but we saw that diminish once he didn't have Big Jenks occupying blockers. I am shocked we haven't done more to get someone to replace him.

12. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Man, I've gotta tell you my instinct to survive & move forward with life has forced me to black out nearly everything from the Kotite years. Also, like you stated Jets forced Pete out so he's the one who should be thinking revenge not Jets. Owner was way too eager to push him out the door. Another bonehead move by Hess.

"We played hard" ---> Kotite. Ever damn presser started this way.
    "Sanchez gives us the best chance to win" ---> Rex. Another soon to be infamous phrase in Jets history.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i think pete really needed to have the struggles he did when he was an nfl head coach. he learned from them. he had serious weaknesses and was just too much of a pussy at that point in his life. he has certainly grown in the last 15 years.

i think he needed to get fired from both of his head coaching positions and needed to go to college to get a little tougher and learn how to deal with young men.

while i think he was a cheating piece of shit at usc i think he has come a long long way from when he coached the jets and is now a very good coach. he is also a very good talent evaluator.

14. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

If he keeps pretending Sanchez is playing like an NFL QB, he has to go.

15. scarfnation

scarfnation New Member

I just listened to Rex's press conference and the interview on 98.7. He will not answer questions. He just says the same shit over and over again, and he does not really answer the questions that people are asking. I know when it comes to press you have to walk on egg shells but jesus. And he says "again" before every sentence. AGAIN WHAT? its so fucking annoying, he really says "again" every sentence.

Just be honest with us ffs.

16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm onboard with firing Rex, but Tannenbaum must go too!

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Rex has played a huge role in getting us to this crap fest that we now enjoy.

But what’s worse is he has no vision how to fix it.

The sooner he is replaced the better.

Heck firing him next week would be fine by me.

18. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Rex just needs a big time offensive coordinator, and we'll be back in business. Give Rex some talent. Tannenbaum, peace out.

19. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

But, a new GM whats a new coach :sad:

20. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

The only thing more stupid then this thread is the posts inside of it.

This is ridculous you add a quality HB and Quality Number 1 WR and this is a playoff team. Why the hell do we need to gut the same front office that took our dicks from the dirt and put us in two back to back afccg.

This whole fucking fanbase is turning into trolls. You should all go home slap your selves