Fire Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by milcus, Nov 11, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah he got what 10 years to win his ring? He wouldn't get that amount of time he needs if he were to overhaul the team. We would ask him to restart the team and add tons of talent, then fire him a few years into the process since it wasn't quick enough.

This, I don't want to fire Rex either. I want to keep him.

This. I wish Sanchez was our only problem because it would make the solution easier, but he isn't unfortunately. I also wish we had the answer at QB on our roster, we don't.

2. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

Really hurt to lose to a former coach today

also, keller must hate tebows guts, he false starts on like 50% of tebow plays

3. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

Rex isn't going anywhere. Agree or disagree, you can't argue with what he did in his first two years. Two great years will buy you two bad years. Personally I agree, I know some don't.

As far as the other issue. Let's say you have a bipolar girlfriend. Some good days, a lot of bad days.

You're other two options... You got a fat chick, and this virgin jailbreak girl. You could also go out and pick up some ho that would go home with anybody that hit on her, but not one guy checked her out.

Im sticking with the bipolar chick. Fat chicks don't get you anywhere, jail-bate will blow up in your face especially if you're not young yourself, and its too late for a ho. We're more than half way through the year... She's mad drunk. Puking all over the bar. We dont have time to clean her up.

Incase it wasn't clear Sanchez is bipolar, Tebow's a fat chick, McElroy's jailbate, and the remaining free agents are undesirable sluts.

No homo.

4. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

lol, that's true. I didn't even notice that. I just thought damn Keller's getting a lot of flags and that's unlike him.

Sanchez targets Keller a lot, more than he should IMHO. And from what I remember about Denver last year the tight ends were basically extra blockers or replaced by extra half-backs. Maybe it was intentional... Conspiracy....

5. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

NO WAY! He changed the culture! He gave them swagger! He's a badass and the best thing that ever happened to this franchise! He is the best coach in franchise history!

Troll!

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I echoed that sentiment early in the season, but it is hard to continue to do so. Rex hired Sporano, who is awful. Rex refuses to move on from Sanchez, who is awful. and Rex is determined to play offense with an outdated ground and pound philosophy (why else would he hire Sporano?).

at this point his offensive ineptness is so great it greatly offset whatever defensive prowess he brings to the table, which at this point is suspect as well.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Wow, this was the worst I have ever seen from Rex at a postgame. His arrogance and persistence of keeping Sanchez and not giving any reason is one of the worst responses ever

8. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Most overrated coach of all time. Hasn't coached in six years.

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Perfectly stated.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Woody loves headlines. Rex makes headlines. Woody loves Rex. They play to win the backpage. Any questions?

11. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

UGH!!!! I may vomit because the truth is nauseating.

12. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I don't think Rex is cut out to be more than a DC in this league. I think the Ravens got it right. That being said, who is out there that would have you excited for next year? Or I guess a better way to ask the question - who is out there that would want to be involved in this dysfunctional organization?

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets right now have the smell of a team that is shutting down for the season. There are too many areas of failure present for the critical mass needed to sustain effective overall play.

The Jets can't move the ball on offense and the offensive coaching staff seems confused by the options available to them. On defense the Jets still can't stop the run and except for games in which the opposing #1 back was absent for all or most of the game they have not been able to stop the run. The special teams have been a near disaster area for several games now.

Basically everything is breaking down at the same time and some things, like the offense and the run defense, appear to have been broken from the get-go this season.

That's gotta be laid at the feet of the head coach. Whether Rex is directly responsible for any of this or not it's all happening on his watch and the one thing the head coach is responsible for above all else is that the team gets maximum value out of the assets put on the field. This season the Jets are weaker than the sum of the parts and Rex needs to answer for that.

If Rex manages to pull the team together into some semblance of a competitive entity over the last 7 games of the season then maybe a do-over is appropriate. If not the man needs to be fired. 2010 is a long time ago.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I don't give a shit if the idea of the coach gets me excited, I care that his performance when he has the job gets me excited.

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You think we are weaker than the sum of our parts? I think we are the sum of our parts right now, especially with the Holmes/Revis injury

16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan is a good coach. But, I don't want an idiot who decides that the worst QB I have EVER seen in my life should be starting after this game. He didn't even complete 10 passes!!!!

Move on with Rex and Sanchez. Start Tebow against ST. Louis. I guarantee freaking tee he cannot do any worse.

17. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

I miss Mangina

18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

did rex say he was staying with snachez?

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Oh get over it! You know REX is NOT going to throw his players under a bus during a press conference..... This sh!t isnt NEW...

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The INT to Keller sums up Mark Sanchez and where he is as a QB right now. The guys confidence is shot, completely shot. That was an easy TD for any QB that has the confidence in what he is doing.

I am fully aboard the Rex gotta go train, the entire FO and CS needs to go. Rex is a great defensive mind, when you are a defensive minded HC you need competent people running the O, something that Rex failed to deliver twice now. Firing Schotty, good, hiring Sporano without any other interviews, bad, very bad.

We need an offensive minded HC, something we haven't had since Kotite. We all know this game has changed, it is an offensive game now, specifically a passing game. If we all see this, why doesn't Rex?

First things first is bringing in a young energetic football guy to run the FO. He needs to find the brightest offensive mind available and start from scratch .

This team is so poorly coached and run it not even funny. Watching them force Tebow on the field is embarrassing. We are rock bottom right now and even my wildest imagination can't find a quick fix.. Dark days ahead..