2012 Week 10 - New York Jets @ Seattle Seahawks Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

Im a little bit more optimistic than most of you.

We'll lose. Let me just get that outta the way.

But... I dont the Seahawks offense doing much against us. Wilson's gonna turn the ball over. He doesnt have a great line, and somebody told me he can't take a lot of hits.

Lynch is an animal (so is Turbin) but we're more vulnerable to speedy scat-backs. Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles types. Mostly due to our slowass linebackers. But one think about our linebackers, we rarely miss tackles. And that's what Lynch makes his career on.

Our secondary > their receivers. Even without Revis.

Still their defense will eat us up. It'll be close. I predict their offense puts up 9 points and ours puts up 3.

A pick 6 or a KR TD could decide it. Unfortunately, I think they're more likely to get that pick six or FF right after the kick off. They're animals, and our offense is just prey.

My hope lies with special teams. McKnight or Kerley.

2. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

Lmao. Can I use that with my friends?

3. KARAVARUS

KARAVARUS New Member

Another Hawks fan here.

The Seahawks have been the cardiac kids in nearly every game this year. The Jets, no offense (<- pun intended), don't really scare me. No more than any other team at least. If you're of the opinion that our offense is bad, you should know a few things...

The playbook has finally been opened.
    Russell Wilson's strength is the deep ball. (Didn't use it against MIN and still had 3 TD passes)
    The kid has ice water blood and no interceptions at home.
    His rating is actually #1 in the NFL at home.

Defense.

Pointless to argue who's secondary is better. ( sea vs sf?). Who cares? I wouldn't trade any of our guys for any of theirs. 3/4 of our db field made the pro bowl last year, and the best guy didn't.

We have issues at LB right now, so if I were sexy Rex, that's the area I would exploit. You're not going to beat our man press with Sanchez, even with our multiple personality line pressure.

We also have a frustrated Leon Washington who may take more chances than usual to try and make something happen. THIS is another opportunity for the Jets to exploit. He is prone to coughing it up from time to time.

We are at home so I feel a little better about this game, but if we were in NY, I would be crapping my pants right now, because we are a terrible road team. Even then, we've not lost by more than 7, and each of those loses has come down to the final drive...

Good luck, Jets fans, and may we both come out of this healthy.

4. jcluttrell

jcluttrell New Member

5. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

Except the game ending one against Green Bay.

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

That's the issue, and McKnight is out. The Jets' receivers have struggled against press coverage, and Seattle will use as much of that as they can. I expect Keller to have a relatively big game mostly because he's likely going to be the guy open most of the time.

Seattle isn't that much better than the Jets, but they're also animals at home and always have been. Taking Seattle at home in pick'em pools has been money for years.

Unless Lynch gashes the Jets, and I agree with you that under Rex, speedier backs have given us the most issues, the Jets will have a pretty good chance to win this game late. Lynch has given the Jets issues in the past, and he'll have a decent day, but as long as he's not ripping off 4-5 yards a carry every time, we should be okay.

As always, the Jets will need to win the turnover battle and convert red zone trips into touchdowns (and prevent Seattle from doing the same).

The biggest key for the rest of the year is the growth of the young players in the front seven. That's where our defense has the most room for improvement to become disruptive again. I love what I've seen from Wilkshake, but his pass rushing skills still leave a lot to be desired. Dynamic run stopper already though.

Coples has shown flashes and the ability to make plays. Just has to get more consistent, but he's a rookie, so that's to be expected.

7. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

We got dis doe.

8. KARAVARUS

KARAVARUS New Member

I listen to the media too, my friend. Change the record.

#188 KARAVARUS, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Wish he would explain why

I mean the refs blew a call in your favor. Let's not act like that's going to consistently happen. You are 4-0 at home, but it's realistic to say Wilson has noshowed at home (GB game) even if it technically came away with a win.

10. KARAVARUS

KARAVARUS New Member

I'm telling you I'm sick of hearing about that shit. It was ruled a catch, reviewed by the regular booth officials, upheld, reviewed and upheld by the league as well. I've looked at it every way you can, and I thought it was an int upon first view, but it was a catch. I am not arguing it anymore, so I'll speak to your other point.

RW showed up as much as former league and Super Bowl MVP, Aaron Rodgers in that game. And let's look at the whole picture. Even if that last TD was a blown call (wasn't), there was a blown call that to GB's only TD in the same game.

What are we talking about this again? Has nothing to do with our game.

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

i have never been so not excited for a jets game before

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure I'll be psyched at game time, but I'm not into it yet. Maybe it's because we had to sit and reflect on that last shit show game for 2 weeks?

13. displacedfan

Now you're just reaching. Sanchez showed up Brady in Foxboro in 2010 in the playoffs, where has that left Sanchez?

Wilson has played well at home, but that GB game is not of those times. And let's not forget 6 touchdowns came in 2 games, 2 in the other 2. He hasn't been consistently great at home, but he has good in all 4 games. The Jets need to get the Wilson from the GB/DAL games but keep the Lynch away from the DAL game. If Wilson throws for 3 TD like he did agaisnt NE and MIN the Jets wil llose.

14. KARAVARUS

KARAVARUS New Member

I really do want to listen to what you're saying, but your numbers are off. I'm not saying Wilson has been money since day one, but he's gotten only better each game. He only has one game with 3 TD passes, and that was last week. He did his job against the Lions but our defense choked on the final drive when we had the lead with 4 minutes left in the game.

He's been clutch ALL year. Yes, he had 3 picks against the Rams, but those were all flukes where they bounced off the receivers hands. I'm not an apologist, and I'm not sure what about my posts has indicated that I think your biggest worry Sunday should be RW. Our entire team is tough at home. I'm just saying that RW has an impeccable rating at home, and we've faced, no offense, much tougher opponents than the Jets. I don't see a lot of points to be had for your offense. Especially at the exact moment when ours is finally clicking under our rookie QB.

15. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

our linebackers never miss tackles??? have you watched a game the past 2 years????

16. jerseyjay14

wilson doesnt need to play well. all he needs to do is protect the ball and not turn it over. there defense wont allow a touchdown, and lynch is going to destroy us.

wilson could go 6-18 90 yards and no tds and they likely win 14-6 or something

17. displacedfan

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/14881/russell-wilson

This says he has had two 3TD games, both at home. This what I used, if they are off then I was off. What I'm saying is that Russell has played amazing in two of his home games, and so-so in the other 2. The Jets need to limit Russell to the so-so and keep him from the amazing. If he throws 3 TDs, that's enough points to beat us. He hasn't played great in all of his home games, he's played amazing in two and okay in two.

You do sound like an apologist saying all of his interceptions are flukes. I understand what you are saying that the receivers did tip them into the air and etc, but if I remember correctly, some of those throws were bad but the receivers made them worse. That would be fair?

And they key to the game is don't get down early. If the Jets do, the team will feed on the crown and the Jets will get steamrolled. The offensive line needs to open holes for Greene and needs to give the receivers the time to beat the physical coverage SEA plays. If the offensive line can't do that consistently, we aren't going to win no matter how good our defense and ST plays. Now of course once the offensive line does that, we need Sanchez to play half decent which he usually does if the offensive line plays well. So it starts there for the Jets.

I'm thinking the offensive line won't play well. They will have to keep extra guys in to block, the wide receivers will get punished on the outside so the rush will reach Sanchez before anybody gets open and he will make a bad throw. Story of the season

18. jerseyjay14

He had 3 touchdowns/0 ints at home vs the pats
    he had 3 touchdowns/0 ints at home vs the vikes
    he had 2 touchdowns/0 ints at home vs the packers
    he had 1 touchdown/0 ints at home against the cowboys

he played well in all 4 games. the dallas game he only had 1 score but he did have 112.7 QB rating. that hardly "so-so". they also didnt need him to throw alot that game because they jumped out to a 20-7 lead and rode lynch after that. it was also his second career start, and first ever start at home.

either way, the notion he played good in 2 games and so-so in 2 games isnt accurate. he had a 99+ qb rating in all 4 games and a 110+ qb rating in 3 of them.

the jets will need him to play AWFUL to have a shot. like multiple turnovers and 3rd down failures awful. he plays so-so and they beat us handily.

19. displacedfan

If he plays so-so without Lynch playing well, they don't beat us handily. Heh, your Dallas comments sound exactly like people after Sanchez's game against the Colts :breakdance:

If he plays like he did against DAL/GB we have a shot. If he plays like he did agaisnt DAL/GB and Lynch runs all over us, we don't. If he plays like he did agaisnt NE/MIN he doesn't need Lynch and we don't have a shot.

20. KARAVARUS

KARAVARUS New Member

First off, let me become an apologist. Wilson has had two games with 3 TD passes. So I apologize. MIN and NE. After that, I look at the other two home games, and I feel he was actually every bit as good against Dallas. His only mediocre game was against Green Bay, and his rating was still almost 100.

He played pretty well in Carolina and Detroit. There's no way to say this without sounding like an apologist, but I'll risk it because it matters. He had two dropped TD catches in the Arizona AND San Fran games, so he's been consistently good. The bobbled ones in STL could have been better throws, (can't they always?) but two of them were literally in our hands and taken away. They looked more like fumbles.

I still think the Jets biggest advantage would be to exploit the middle of the field between the line and the secondary. Our LB are giving it up lately. Good luck in the game. I wish I was going to this one. I think you'll all be impressed with Rusty after this. I'll show my face either way.

#200 KARAVARUS, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.