Ways to make the "Tebow Package" more effective.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Diddy, Oct 24, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

That was really an unnecessary comment. I'm sure you could have come up with 100 different, better ways to get your point across.

At some point you guys are going to have to come to terms with the fact that Tebows skill set just doesn't seem to translate to the NFL. I was hopeful that he was going to be a better version of Brad Smith for us, but at this point I'm quite sure that Brad Smith would have given this team much more offensive production than Tebow. Hell, Jeremy Kerley would have been a better guy to play that role. Tebow just isn't nearly as explosive as you need from a wildcat type player and he isn't nearly as consistent as a passer as is needed from a QB.

He's has been great on the punt team but that's about the extent of his impact. Maybe he's just going to end up as a very good special teams player at the end of his career. You can only blame his shortcomings on others for so long before you sound like an apologist.

2. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Lol. That's a good point though.

3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I'm black, FYI. Before anyone starts overreacting and drawing any ridiculous conclusions.

I don't see why I should have to come to terms with anything. Perhaps, you will have to come to terms with the fact that there is a much stronger case to apply your above whatever the f*** that was to Mark Sanchez. He has had ample time and energy used on him to make him a QB, yet he still sucks. Tebow got thrown in last minute and was expected to win games... and he did. If Sanchez gets pulled, Tebow will be expected to win immediately or people will say he sucks. There is one set of standards for other QBs and there is one set of standards for Tebow.

Also, may need to come to terms with the fact that Rex Ryan not the head coach that will turn this team around. Look at the Lakers... they don't play around... and that's why they win championships. Jets... take a cue.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I've already come to terms with the fact that Sanchez sucks. Take a cue.

5. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Here is a good play against a cover two in the Tebow package. Run the option to the left but Tebow pulls up to throw it when Kerley, Hill, or Keller can get matched up against a slow safety. Instant TD.

Just saw A&M do it.

6. phaytal

phaytal New Member

News flash: Tebow has a winning record as a starter, and everyone still thinks he sucks. If people thought he was worth a shit, he would be starting somewhere. He isn't. He's riding pine behind a shitty quarterback with no chance to take his job.

One of my favorite myths conjured up by Tebow nuts. If he was a halfway decent quarterback, he'd be playing. Michael Vick was the most despised sport figure in recent memory, yet he had a job the day he stepped out of prison. When it comes to ethics, or morality, it gets thrown right out the window when it comes to putting the best talent on a football field.

Forget the tin foil hat theories. Tebow is not playing because he is a terrible quarterback.

7. Bannon

Bannon New Member

eh, not so much. He was given a shot as a #3 quarterback, and it was considered controversial and a long shot.

Him getting a shot took McNabb betting the boot, and then Kolb was the starter. And it turns out Kolb was Kolb.

8. Bannon

Bannon New Member

So you've really formed your opinion at this point? Sparano would have figured out how to call a play, chew gum, and get Brad Smith in there for great effect, and with the rest of this roster, Brad Smith would have thrived?

9. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Uh, yes so much. He was despised by the entire country, yet was playing football three months after his release from prison.

#109 phaytal, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Brad Smith is a far better Wildcat QB than Tim Tebow. It's not close. I'm not surprised that a Teboi is pointing at everyone else though.

11. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Agreed, though he has been worthless for the Bills.

12. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Oh, okay. So you already thought that. You're not forming that opinion based on the limited snaps we've seen from Tebow.

And I wasn't point at everyone else -- I was saying that Brad Smith would not have done substantially better this year, with Sparano trying to make it work, etc.

But you feel differently -- i.e., that Brad Smith, under the exact same conditions this year, would be thriving, doing well, and getting much more offensive production this year. Got it.

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Brad Smith was a home run threat when he got the ball. The D had to respect his speed while at the same time respecting he could hit an open throw probably about as well as Tebow.

14. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Not true. There are quite a few terrible quarterbacks playing. Tebow is judged differently, that is pretty much a fact. A division winning, playoff game winning QB usually does not get benched.

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Just because something doesn't typically happen doesn't mean that it is unjust. If owners/GMs think that a guy isn't good enough based on watching him play, they are allowed to realize that it was a fluky run that is unlikely to result in sustained success for their franchise.

Teams that don't have a good D and a running game aren't going to waste their time building around a guy like him when they can just draft a guy who might be able to carry the team without teaching him how to properly throw a football.

When Miami made their "magical" turnaround from 1-15 to 11-5 nobody(at least no intelligent fans) had any faith in Pennington's weak arm and the wildcat to give us long term success. That's why he was not in their long term plans. Teams don't want a guy who can get them to the edge of the playoffs or first round. They want a guy who can take them all the way.

16. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

he isnt judged differently. thats your usual tebow supporter bullshit. WHAT THE F is so hard to understand. NO GM, COACH, OC WANTED HIM after last year... THEY KNOW HE SUCKS, we know he SUCKS, why cant you get that? He got lucky and that was it. he went 1-4 in his last 5 starts after teams decided to quit playing prevent.

Here's what i predict... he will never again be a starter in this league unless he happens to be a back up to a starting qb that gets hurt.

TIM TEBOW has never earned a chance. he was given one by Orton's pure suckiness. Hell he cant even get past a shitty sanchez.

17. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Brad is practically a hall of famer compared to that scrub Tebow :breakdance: be careful you don't burn your scalp in sunny south Florida wearing your tin foil hat

18. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I don't know what this means. You are mocking a point I didn't make instead of arguing against the one I did. I doubt you think Tebow is a home run threat running the ball out of the wildcat

19. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Terrible ones whose defense and special teams carried them do. Sorry to break it to you.

20. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Other than the ones that did, which include the Jets.

And until he got that chance, they were saying the same thing now. You should have heard the praises sung of Orton until they finally realized he was all spirals and show, and didn't have what it takes to stand in there and win a ball game.