Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Going on about what? Wasn't it you who was "going on" about how wonderful the win over Indy was when Sanchez threw for 82 yards?

The Jets have lost every game this year when Sanchez threw more than 30 times.
    Oh...'cept the first Miami game, where we were lucky to win.

And isn't it you that goes on and on about the lack of talented receivers we have? I'm saying let's throw less and run more.

And what intentions do I have? You want Sanchez to have a good game so you can crow about how you were right about his abilities.

I just want the Jets to win games. If Sanchez can win games with his arm, this week is a good time to start.

#1841 Acad23, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  2. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

is he missing? or are his receivers not where they are suppose to be. it's a two way street, u can't just pile everything on sanchez

3. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

exactly. we seen what mark can do and the haters just want to pretend that he past never happened

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'm just saying your point was incorrect. Sanchez was good with a balanced attack in 2010, and had better stats in 2011 despite the team not being as good and having even more attempts. It's just the overall talent on offense has dropped of the face of the planet since 2010 and I don't think any rational person can argue with that. I also want the Jets to win. I don't care about being right or wrong. It just seems you won't stop bashing, even when your points are proven invalid. Any time we win by 20+, it's a wonderful win. You seem to stop at nothing to highlight negatives while ignoring positives. I don't claim Sanchez is great or perfect. I think he's good enough to get the job done and win games. He's proven it in the past. He just needs help like all non elite QBs in the league. We can't roll with the strategy of run to avoid throwing when our run game is pretty weak.

#1844 Barcs, Nov 8, 2012
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What point was "incorrect"? All I'm saying is that until Sanchez can hit receivers in stride and read defenses, we should run the ball more. Pretty basic stuff. Should be helpful too, don't you think?

And where exactly are those "positives"?

Oh right...2009 and 2010. That was then and this is now.

#1845 Acad23, Nov 8, 2012
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I was listening to this interview on ESPN radio and this guy Bill Romanknowski a former 4 time superbowl champion said when he looks in Sanchez eyes he says he can tell Sanchez doesn't care about football, saying he doesn't eat sleep and breath the game. He also said he feels Sanchez might not even want to play football but the money and the fame keep him at it. I always belived this about Sanchez it makes sense to me

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'll stop "bashing" Sanchez when he starts playing up to his paycheck.

Hell...I'll stop bashing when he starts playing better than Andy Dalton.

8. feldspar

feldspar Member

No, the "haters" take a step back and look at what role Sanchez has played when the Jets TEAM has seen success. In 2009, the Jets (Sanchez) attempted fewer passes than any other team in the entire league. They had more rushes than anybody, and by quite a huge margin. What does that tell you about the role of the passing game that year? Yeah, Sanchez was a rookie but that doesn't take away from my point, especially when people want to use that year as a measuring stick of his potential.

In 2010, Sanchez had his best year IMO, and he was pretty much mediocre. That year, only one other team attempted more rushes. Late game heroics were not his doing, generally. He gets some credit for getting the ball into the hands of his playmakers (Holmes) in some of those situations, but you can't really say he was the foundation of that offense, let alone the team...not even close. Hard to get all excited about the success of a game manager that made some plays.

...nevermind about last year and this year so far...we've seen what he's capable of then too, haven't we?

If you want to hang your hat on those two playoff runs, you are in for a rude awakening.

Defense + running game = "Sanchez" success, or at least the opportunity for him to look good.

Take away that, and you have what you see now. The more he is asked to do, the worse he looks...or, maybe more appropriately stated, the more he is exposed as to who he always has been. Talk to me about a third-down conversion he made or whatever...or any situational play. He was a cog in the wheel, riding on the coat-tails of others for his opportunities to look good to a large degree.

When your quarterback looks his best, and your team passes the least and then runs pretty much the most...what does that tell you about what that offense was based on, generally? That's besides the defense side of the ball.

#1848 feldspar, Nov 8, 2012
  9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Your point that throwing less is better for him is demonstrably wrong. 2010 proves that wrong as does 2011. Both years where he improved and we increase passing attempts. How could running the ball more help, when our running game isn't even close to a threat and our feature back is barely averaging 3.7 a carry. I still think balance is the key and our team did the best in 2010 when it was balanced. In 2011, Sanchez improved his stats and threw a lot of touchdowns, but team was 8-8. I consider wins more important than stats, so 2010 should be the model year and we should base the future years off that. Don't you agree? 2009 style would be a bit extreme, and again our line / running game can't handle a load like that today. I agree that he's not good enough to carry the team or pass 50+ a game, but he's fully capable of a balanced attack.

#1849 Barcs, Nov 8, 2012
  10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

#1850 CowboysFan, Nov 8, 2012
  11. maljan_ftballfan

maljan_ftballfan New Member

I agree. Everyone has to be on board for it to work. Putting all of the blame on one person always seems like a justified reason at first, until the errors continue to happen and you really start to dissect the situation.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

AROD on the Yankees sucks, but I don't blame him for a team giving him 252 million. I'm not going to blame Amare for the Knicks giving him 100 million uninsured. I don't get your point. The Jets drafted someone high and he didn't live up to where he was drafted.Haven't heard that story before...:rolleyes:

Interesting post bashing the FO.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I didn't say it's better for HIM...I say it's better for the team.

And us.

I say run more.

#1853 Acad23, Nov 8, 2012
  14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

My point was answering acad23, he had mentioned that he will stop bashing him when he lives up to his contract.

15. displacedfan

It's a weird way to blame/praise a player. The player gets handed the contract, they aren't going to turn down a higher offer. Also, add in the fact that Sanchez was drafted before the rookie wage scale and that;s why him and Bradford are up so high.

16. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Cromartie was wide open on a double move. McKnight was all alone running down the sideline. Hill had three steps on the defender cruising into the endzone. So was Shillens. My guess is they were exactly where they were supposed to be.

Enough with this idea that Sanchez is delivering the ball on target but the route running is wrong. If you have eyes you can see that he's one of the most inaccurate QB's to ever play the position. All game long guys are twisting, leaping, reaching, bending etc., trying to put their hands on his passes.

He's been that way since day one. I was holding out hope that his accuracy would improve, but it hasn't happened. I've seen enough. He is what he is. The best comparison I've seen anyone make to Sanchez is Jake Plummer. Right on the money. That's our QB ... except Plummer (just like every QB in history) had a higher completion percentage.

#1856 truthbtold, Nov 8, 2012
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

But Bradford is throwing at over 60%.

And he's almost as cute as Sanchez.

Winner-----Sam Bradford!

18. displacedfan

Throwing at 60% means Bradford is living up to his contract? I sense a double standard here.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I didn't say that.

I said he was cute.

20. feldspar

feldspar Member

My girlfriend thinks that all quarterbacks are cute.

Then I showed her Andy Dalton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.