Ways to make the "Tebow Package" more effective.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Diddy, Oct 24, 2012.

1. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Nope. I find people's obsession with him quite funny.

2. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Bigger question, if Peyton chokes in the playoffs, again, will Bronco nation hate him?

3. TTTTebowAndTheJets

And I find YOUR obsession with him sick and sadistic....to each his own I guess

4. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Of course not. He is in his first year with a new team, a new offense, and a new coaching staff. Anyone demanding that he come in year one and win a Super Bowl have their expectations set way too high. If we do make it to the Super Bowl, that would be amazing. If we make a deep playoff run, great. If not, we'll be better run next year.

5. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, seem to recall that Tebow was in his first year with a new offense and a new coaching staff. The team might as well have been new to him as well as he didn't see many 1st team snaps.

Funny how charitable you are to a QB not named Tebow.

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

That's ironic LOL!:rofl:

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Phaytal the only thing I know is the butt destruction you received every time your Tebow predictions failed .

It was great . I can't wait until it happens again, please never stop being you, you have provided me and other Tebow fans with great free entertainment .

8. phaytal

phaytal New Member

There's just that small difference of Peyton Manning being a guaranteed first ballot Hall of Famer, Super Bowl champion, four time MVP, and arguably the greatest quarterback of all time, and Tim Tebow riding pine.

Easily overlooked, I know.

9. Demosthenes9

You aren't helping your case Sunshine. Given that Manning is a first ballot Hall of Famer, Super Bowl champion, four time MVP, and arguably the greatest quarterback of all time, one would think that you'd have higher standards for him. You know, being that damned good, shouldn't matter that he has new WRs to get used to, or a new coaching staff, new offensive system, yada, yada, yada.

Tebow faced the same things as a raw 2nd year player with a whopping 3 previous starts under his belt.

Now, instead of embarrassing yourself further, why don't you run along ?

10. phaytal

phaytal New Member

I do have higher standards for him. He is the highest rated quarterback in football right now, as opposed to Tim Tebow, who was the lowest. He isn't leading the NFL in 3-and-outs like Tebow did. He isn't leading the league in fumbles per game like Tebow did.

Most impotantly, he's not sitting on the bench and doesn't suck, like Tebow does.

11. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Honest opinion, if Kyle Orton started all 16 games, would Peyton even consider coming to the Broncos?

12. Demosthenes9

As has often been the case in the past, your words once again make a liar out of you.

Here is what you said:

Tim Tebow was the QB who led Denver to the playoffs for the first time in 6 years and even managed to win a playoff game, only their 2nd in 13 years if my math is correct. Relating to your quoted statement, Tebow did this having a new offense, a new coaching staff, and may as well have had a new team.

Keep digging that hole Phaytal, you're bound to strike oil or China at some point :)

13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

If Peyton Manning got traded and benched after his first season starting, he would not have been able to prove his ability. More INTs than TDs in his first year if I recall correctly.

14. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Cool story bro. Deflect all you like.

- Peyton Manning: Best quarterback in football right now.
    - Tim Tebow: Worst quarterback in football last year, and presently keeping the bench nice and warm for his teammates.

Again, one small difference. Peyton Manning knows how to throw a football, and does so very, very well. Tim Tebow does not have that ability.

I know you think it is unfair, but I can assure you one thing: Tim Tebow is being treated exactly the same as any other professional athlete that is terrible at their job. He is a bad quarterback, with glaring weaknesses. Bad quarterbacks don't start, at least for very long, in the NFL.

I'm sure he would have more luck in the CFL or the World League, where he can just go back to trucking smaller players, and passing in to nothing but single coverage, like he did all throughout college.

15. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

When you say Tebow does not know how to throw a football or have the ability to throw a football... what exactly are you saying? It can't be that he cannot physically throw a football. It can't be that he cannot make completions in the NFL. It can't be that he can't throw for over 300 yards in an NFL game. So what exactly are you using as evidence that Tim Tebow cannot throw the football. A more accurate statement perhaps is that he does not complete a high percentage of passes relative to his peers, though he can in fact throw the football. But, if you state this, then you could have also said about Peyton Manning after his rookie year is that he can throw the football, but he can't stop throwing more interceptions than TDs. But if you predicted that based off his first season starting, then you would have been very wrong.

The argument that Tebow fans have is that given the opportunity to grow as a QB, Tebow has great potential given his past. It is not a radical postion. It is actually a logical viewpoint... with more experience and practice, he will get better. Much more realistic in fact, then suggesting that with more experience and practice he will not get better or regress. That argument is the less-likely and more radical suggestion of the two.

16. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I'd quibble with "great" potential. But basically, yes. This is the reasonable position for fans of Tebow to take.

It's also reasonable for Tebow skeptics say "based on what I've seen, and my knowledge of what it takes to succeed as a QB in today's NFL, I don't think he'll succeed as a QB."

And the answer is, "time will tell." I'm a Tebow believer, but I also think his window of opportunity is shrinking.

The radical fringe on either side of the debate – both spurred by their irrational hatred or love of Tebow as a person and their somewhat understandable disdain for his more ardent fans or his more rabid detractors – don't want reason, though.

17. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

We would have won most of those games with Kyle Orton at QB. He averaged more points per game than Tebow did and has a pretty good record in games when the defense gives up 15 points or less... which Tebow got in all but 3 games.

Watch the games again and remember all the hairs being pulled out for 90% of his playing time because he coudlnt hit the ocean with a rock.

18. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

He averaged more points but also turned the ball over at the very worst times possible turning wins into losses that is why he went 11-22 in his Bronco tenure but I know you ignore facts so why bother .

please continue crying your digital tears that Tebow was the Denver QB, they taste so sweet and salty...

"why did Tebow have to be denver's QB, why? why? why?"
    [​IMG]

19. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

He completes 46% of his passes as most are either nowhere near the receiver, at peoples ankles, and only beat the 50% completion mark ONCE (not counting the 100% he got this season when throwng just one pass) in a season's worth of games.

Sorry, that is dogbutt bad and no self respecting coach would give him more game time unless Tebow himself showed improvment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8zl7f_P9h0

Look at that practice throw and tell me again why a coach should have faith in the guy? When they are seeing this crap, it isn't a surprise that Rex Ryan and John Fox weren't overly giddy about having Tebow start for them. That throw wasn't an isolated incident according to many who actually saw him practice. Sure, he might be a different person on Sunday, but he''s the single biggest reason the Broncos led the league in three and outs and why scoring was down after the switch. Only way the wins were possible with 3+ quarters if piss poor quarterbacking is the defense bailing him out.

Don't forget it either. Every time one of you Tebowner types try to be dishonest and stretch the truth on how the Broncos turned things around last year, I'm gonna tell you how it actually happened. Defense playing 60 minutes vs. 5 minutes of heroics after last place caliber QB'ing.

#79 Concerned_Citizen, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  20. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Evidently NFL GMs and coaches have not heard the term "ceiling". Somebody should make them aware so they can sign Tebow ASAP