Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It won't take a miracle to get to 9 wins which should be enough in a weakened AFC. Is it likely? No but it wouldn't be shocking. The sched weakens and we should be in the hunt. If we can steal a game in a tough building this week we'll be in decent shape.

Our D has played much better in recent weeks, it wasn't even bad last week. STs killed us against Miami. I expect our D will be good and I expect our O will improve.

2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

It won't take a miracle for them to go 6-2? Seems pretty miraculous to me. Assuming losses against Seattle and New England, that means they run the table against the Rams (possible), Cardinals (eh, 50/50), Jacksonville (yes), Tennessee (50/50), San Diego (eh) and the Bills.

Tennssee and Buffalo are on the road. While on paper it seems like the Jets COULD go 6-2, it is unlikely. Their history is littered with bad losses to teams they SHOULD beat. The schedule is definitely weaker down the stretch than it was to start the season, so I'll give it 7-9 and let them go 4-4 the rest of the way. Anything else is asking way too much.

3. nyjunc

I'm not saying they will go 6-2 it just wouldn't be a miracle if it happened. I think this Sunday will tell us a lot but even of they lose they still wouldn't be done. It's not likely going to happen but it is possible if they play like they were playing pre-Miami.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I looked at the upcoming games.

nyjunc almost has me believing.

Maybe he should coach the Jets...

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Your last sentence, 100% agree with.

Would winning the Super Bowl playing like he in his SB run matter? What happens if he goes 40/50 for 397 and 4TDs but they lose their first game because of D?
    He's the best overall passer and QB I have seen in my lifetime (I remember the last 10-15 years, take out the first 10 years or so of my life where I didn't fully understand what I was watching). Remember, Manning is there for multiple years. If he doesn't get injured or plays out his contract, 100% worth it for Denver even if he gets 0 Super Bowls. 8-8 is not consistently wining you the division.

The problem is, can we surround him with a talented team quickly enough before his contract ends? Let's say we can't, do we extend him knowing we need a talented team around Mark, or do we test the waters. The best thing is for him to just get it this year or next year, but he hasn't shown that ability to "get it".

We did not lose NE because of Sanchez. Remember, we were down 10 in the 4th quarter and Mark went 9/10 for 90+ yards a TD to make it a 3 point game. Then went 1/2 for 20 yards on the next drive (Hill drop) to tie the game. He played an intergral part in making that comeback.

Freakish athlete. Wish we had a pass rusher like that.

It wouldn't take a miracle, but it would be unexpected. If we played like we did against NE, we can go 6-2. But we haven't shown that ability to play consistently enough to go 6-2 and string together wins. It is possible, but losing to SEA basically takes us out of it because that means a 6-1 finish down the stretch.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We need to beat Seattle or we are seriousy done

7. NewYorkEveryThing

We drafted this guy in the first round...... #5 Overall......... This is complete BS that the coaching staff let this happen........... We brought in sparano to help him and what happens? This whole thing is on Rex or Tannebum im sorry.... Ok last year was not a good year for this guy. But at least he was productive. So what we lost holmes. Kerley has been playin up to par with what holmes gave us. Where is sparano going with not throwing to keller. Does he not know we have a TE that can catch and not only block???

8. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Madden on SiriusXM yesterday (paraphrasing)...

On Sanchez:

The moment we realized a guy couldn't play, we got rid of him. I'd rather have a guy on my team who, I didn't know whether he could play or not, than a guy I knew couldn't play. When you get rid of a guy you know can't play, it's good because it forces the organization to do something to find a guy who can play.

On Vick getting mauled Monday Night:

It's always a question of whether you want to allow a free rusher (being outnumbered at the line of scrimmage) at the QB in exchange for an advantage on the outside. Me personally, in all my years of coaching, I never allowed a free rusher at the QB, even if it meant I had only 1 WR out there running a pattern. I always wanted at least 1-on-1 in pass protection, 1 blocker for every rusher.

9. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Madden on Sanchez

Madden on SiriusXM yesterday (paraphrasing)...

On Sanchez:

The moment we realized a guy couldn't play, we got rid of him. I'd rather have a guy on my team who, I didn't know whether he could play or not, than a guy I knew couldn't play. When you get rid of a guy you know can't play, it's good because it forces the organization to do something to find a guy who can play.

On Vick getting mauled Monday Night:

It's always a question of whether you want to allow a free rusher (being outnumbered at the line of scrimmage) at the QB in exchange for an advantage on the outside. Me personally, in all my years of coaching, I never allowed a free rusher at the QB, even if it meant I had only 1 WR out there running a pattern. I always wanted at least 1-on-1 in pass protection, 1 blocker for every rusher.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is a very logical position. It however ignores the reality of the salary cap which Madden never had to deal with. The Jets can't get rid of Sanchez this year or next without causing a major problem under the cap.

Madden would probably dump him next year anyway and take what comes during 2013 as the necessary price of moving forward.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

12. nyjunc

I'd question his old eyes if he thinks mark Sanchez can't play.

13. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Seriously?

Listen, I get that you are an avid, unapologetic Sanchez-supporter, and you are certainty entitled to your opinion as a fan and consistent observer of the team. However, it's downright absurd to pretend that Sanchez detractors don't have a legitimate point of view. There are a plethora of NFL analysts who think that (rightly or wrongly) Sanchez can't play ("can't play" being synonymous with "can't play the quarterback position at a sufficient level in today's NFL"). The guy is irrefutably inaccurate and continuously makes game-changing, unforgivably bad decisions. Stop acting like it's inherently illogical or preposterous to propose that the Jets should be looking for another quarterback.

14. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Explain a lifetime completion percentage of 54.9% after 55 games started in an NFL in which the overall completion percentage over that span is 60.8%?

Usually being 10% worse than the average at anything is a clear sign of failure. For Sanchez at this point I think the completion percentage alone disqualifies him as being seen as anything but a failure.

There are lots of factors that have contributed to the inaccuracy but one of them is clearly that Sanchez is an inconsistent QB with long periods where he isn't on target.

We're talking passes routinely behind receivers on the back shoulder on crossing routes. Passes routinely thrown short up the sidelines. Passes routinely thrown higher than they ought to be. Passes routinely tipped at the line of scrimmage. Basically a lot of passes thrown poorly.

It's very possible that given new surroundings and a better supporting cast along with better coaching Sanchez will take the next step. It is however almost delusional at this point to think that he will do so with the Jets.

16. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Sanchez makes the rest of the AFCE better!:rofl:

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

stop trying to suck people into an argument with you, we all know you will sit there and spew absurdity for years even after the guy has proven to the rest of the world that he is terrible. even after he goes to another team and turns them from playoff contenders to a 4-12 team.

i question your motives more than i question his eyes.

18. nyjunc

explain helping us win 4 playoff games on the ROAD, explain helping us get to 2 title games. I know it was all the D and run games:rofl: but you aren't winning in January consistently w/ poor QB play so the man has shown he can play in this league.

19. nyjunc

[​IMG]

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

BINGO!

Throw in staring down receivers (his leading cause of batted down passes), poor timing (i.e. releasing too early/too late), overreaction (too much on the ball/not enough on the ball), total disregard for ball safety (still) and the most disconcerting of all, his apparent fear and/or confusion and/or lack of confidence in the pocket leading to way too many mental mistakes (not throwing the ball away, attempting ridiculous, desperate shovel passes at the last second) all of which too often leads to way too many turnovers.

This is year 4 fellas, and look at the above list of deficiencies. This is rookie stuff, but we're in year 4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.