Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

False. Everything is normal, there is no problem. Climate change is liberal media hedonism. Go back to watching football. Let's burn more coal and oil. Everything is fine

2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Dumped 10 inches of snow in the last 24 hours here in central Alberta. Quite a haul.

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I try to stay away from the political stuff AT THIS SITE..lol...I peek in at the election thread but in the past, had a few intense debates that really get you nowhere.

But..since this is a weather thread for the most part...my personal belief is that like the stock market...the weather does its thing regardless of how much many believe we try to screw things up. That doesnt mean I believe you shouldnt try to protect the environment to the max...just looking at weather for the last century and Sandy happened in 1938...even worse.

Snowstorms have happened in October...and May. Could be very wrong....and would never attempt to get into a debate about it because I have never walked away from one of them changing my mind...or any other.

Rare? Hell yeah. Unheard of? Hell no.

5. jaywayne12

Wow Jake. Nice start for you guys.

6. jaywayne12

Just looked at some long range models and the next chance for a noreaster seems to be around Thanksgiving weekend. Will keep an eye.

7. GordonGecko

We can't screw things up with one coal plant in one day or year. But when you have thousands of coal plants, and tens upon tens of millions of cars burning gasoline, and see us burning every last drop of fossil fuels we can possibly get our hands on, not over a couple years but over the past 50 years and growing exponentially with no signs of slowing, it's completely impossible to deny that we're not having a massive impact on the amount of carbon in the atmosphere.

It's high school science to understand that more CO2 in the atmosphere means a warmer planet. And that additional warmth disrupts traditional weather patterns, increases instability, and adds strength to storms. It's only going to get worse.

The politics come in when we start talking about what to do about it. I think we need to really start looking at carbon filtering. There's no way we can stop china and then india from burning everything in sight as fuel, no matter what we do. If we change to low sulfer coal, where do you think the high sulfur stuff goes? We sell it to china for them to burn and then it circulates back to us. Fucking pointless. We need ways to take the carbon out of the air, and we need to go all in on research for new and cheap renewable sources of energy

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay Wayne and company,,,,, thanks again for all the info ,,,,,,we did not get hit too,,,,not alot of snow,,, 3 inches or so and the wind did not take any trees down,,,,,,,hope all u guys got thru this okay ,,,,and Jay this is just the beginning ,,,Halloween just passed and it is not even Thanksgiving,,,,we / I will be in touch :beer:

9. jaywayne12

although I lean right, I totally agree with you. Oil is a gazillion dollar business and the main reason, one day, we will finally smarten up and look to the alternatives will not be because our leaders want to do the right thing.

It will be the day when someone wakes up and says, shit...we are almost running out of this stuff....and that day will be when you and I are long long gone. I say that for both parties...the dems can claim they want whats good for the environment but that they had the house...the senate..and the president the first two years and barely past a real bill.

Both parties are in bed one way or another with big oil. I just disagree with you when it comes to extreme weather. Are there other environmental ways the world is being effected? 100 PERCENT AGREE.

10. jaywayne12

you got it cbg...will keep you updated.

Hey..has anyone seen TBJ on since the last storm Sandy?

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

My mother in Lakehurst lost power again last night and has not gotten it back... unreal

12. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Just got power back, that shit was nuts. No damage to my part of the neighborhood but a few blocks down everyone is throwing away all their shit. and a few more blocks down one house floated to the other side of town.

Seaside is like Escape from NY right now according to my buddies towing all the ruined cars out of there. Marshall Law and live rounds, some people are real scum fucks. Glad to have heat again, its been a cold week.

All our schools here are shelters now, its been crazy, one group drove all the way from dallas texas to my high school to bring supplies, some people are truly great.

13. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

That is crazy Chrebet. We had river issues. But ocean's flooding? No thank you.

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I know there were trucks that came in from Iowa and the farmland to bring these displaced people hot food. My uncle lost his home in Seaside. He is currently at a shelter ... apparently it's Monmouth Park.

I know there were fires in Pine Beach but I guess from what I've heard that area didn't sustain as much damage as the other area just based on location.

15. jaywayne12

Wow C...you are just getting the power back from Sandy? Im not sure how those areas will every recover. That roller coaster in the water was the first roller coaster I ever went on when I was a kid. My dad lied to me and told me we were going on the short version. It wasnt a crazy roller coaster at all..but back then to me..it was hell.

People all trash Seaside Heights for this and that but for many a Jersey or NY person...that boardwalk is filled with incredible memories. At the spin of a wheel you could win a pack of butts..or a bong back in the day.

My buddy is a NJ State Trooper and has seen it all. He has always told me stories at some of the stuff he has come across in his many years of serving and I get sick to my stomach.

He has been down there since the day after... 6 days a week..up and down the coast...and I have never seen him like this. Just burnt..emotionally spent. Just seeing so many people that have lost everything. A woman saw him on the road and she was just a wreck..she walked up to him and said "can you just hold my hand for a second?" He said he just stood there next to her for 10 minutes..holding her hand...she never said a word. So many stories about people just wandering around...total shock.

#2435 jaywayne12, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  16. jaywayne12

Man...sorry about your uncle BB. Horrible..just friggin horrible.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I feel for all you guys that are in this bad situation,,,,,I have family that is going thru it and it sucks,,,,,hopefully the power comes back. REAL soon and people can start rebuilding and get things back to where we are a used to

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Question for those who have family members who lost their homes...Are they going to rebuild and continue to live in the same neighborhood you think? By the water

19. GordonGecko

I would think that everyone insured will rebuild, and those not will sell their land. The new structures will no doubt be built to the strongest Florida Hurricane codes. You might not even see any basements in these new homes

20. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I think in most cases, people will have no choice. Depending on what the insurance coveres and FEMA money. Maybe someone can answer this, what exactly does the insurance pay, the current market value of the home or the apprased price when purchasing? I am asking cause I know some houses were damaged so bad, they must be knocked down and rebuilt.

Just saying because I am in the process of buying a new home on Staten Island (new construction) and the prices are expensive, once you include closing costs and down payment, its going to be tuff buying a new house i would imagine for most hurricane victims. most new 3 bed room TOWN houses in good areas go for 350k-500k in Staten Island.