2012 Week 10 - New York Jets @ Seattle Seahawks Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:lol: at easily could be a blowout. They aren't close to SF level, on D or O.

2. BJXX

BJXX New Member

How do we attack the Seattle defense?

At home the Seahawks have allowed the Cowboys 7 points, the Packers 12 (replacement refs), and the Patriots 24.

Against what are considered top defenses in points allowed, the Jets have scored 10 (Pittsburgh), -0- (49ers), 23 & 9 (Miami), and 17 (Houston).

The 2 teams that scored the most against Seattle, the Patriots and Lions, each had well over 300 yards passing, and the Patriots got the benefit of 2 lost fumbles and had 30 more offensive plays from scrimmage...and lost.

How do we score against these guys? The Vikings and the 49ers lit them up in the running game, can we do that?

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

IF Sanchez could throw INT's for TDs we would look great too :breakdance:

We should be fine. I don't see a blowout. Right now I see a frustrating 15-14 or 21-20 loss or something ridiculous like that.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

35-0 Seahawks. (2 pick-6's and 1 fumble returned for TD.)

You heard it from me first.

5. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Are you serious? (D level)

They have a better secondary and just as consistent a pass rush. SF's LB's are better, I'll give 'em that, but they're both Top 5 D's.

On offense, Seattle has at least an equal if not better ground game than SF.

They're closer than you think.

6. boston_jet

boston_jet New Member

shut the fuck up.

sorry, but you have an awful attitude.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Watch the personal insults, newbie, and ftr an awful attitude is kind of a plus around here.

I'm pretty proud of mine, too.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Someone's going to have to come up big for us to win. Dustin Keller? Our WRs aren't going to do jack shit against Seattle's CBs

9. hawker84

hawker84 New Member

morning jets fans

been reading through some of your threads for the past few days, sounds like all is not good in Jets land.. however i think a few of you are over estimating our Hawks... i feel strongly that we are a good solid team who seems to be improving steadily every week, especially at the QB position... we can't be thrilled enough at the progress RW is making in his rookie campaign...how ever we do have some issues to address and improve on. my thoughts on the game...

1. rushing defense has been a huge issue last few games, we have got to get that figured out.

2. short over the middle passes, are our weakness in the D, our line backers have got to cover better, and wrap up at the point of catch...got to start figuring out how to cover tight ends and backs out of the backfield, another soft spot. apparently our coaching staff is willing to concede these with our current scheme.

3. drops and penalties: you never know which team will show up week in week out.. we have good recievers , rice , golden tate is an excellent reciever and playmaker after the catch, but he has a tendancy to take a play off now and then.. millers a great tight end, good hands, need to get him the ball more. braylon's been hurt all season, should have him back for this game though.. will probably want to do some damage against his old team.. look for him to make a big play or 2. penalties are getting better but still too many.

over all , i like our chances sunday, especially given the fact it's at the CLink. very tough to play there and deal with the noise, our guys seem to have an extra gear there too, wish they could bottle it up and take it on the road with them..

keys for you guys to win, you're going to have to stop RW, period... don't think you can shut Lynch down, you're going to have to focus on the QB... i know he's a rookie, but he is not playing like one, great poise, rocket arm, and we all know he can scramble.. this will be a tough match up for you, but i would suspect your guys will be up for the challenge... keys to us winning, we need our d to get back on track, shut down the recievers and apply pressure to sanchez.... pretty simple but it really just comes down to that.. here's to a good game, with the good guys coming out ahead... :beer:

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Defense:

Total yards per game allowed: SF: #2, Sea: #4
    Point per game allowed: SF: #1st, Sea: #3rd
    Passing YPG: SF: #2, Sea: #7
    Rushing YPG: SF: #5, Sea: #11
    Sacks: SF: #5, Sea: #21

Offense:

Total YPG: SF: #13, Sea: #29
    Passing YPG: SF #28, Sea: #31
    Rushing YPG: SF #1, Sea: #7
    PPG: SF #14, Sea: #24

SF is better across the board. Seattle isn't ahead in a single category. It's closer on D, but no they do not have a better secondary and just as consistent pass rush. Huge difference in sacks. SF has a miles better pass rush and rushing D. On offense the difference is even greater. No, they do not have an equal or better ground game. Insinuating Seattle is pretty much the same or just as good as SF is blatantly dishonest. We've already played plenty of better teams.

Easily a blowout after a bye week, eh? Sounds legit. :rofl:

11. Big Blocker

Going back to the end of last season, the Jets have now lost 8 of their last 11 games. It might seem unfair to tack those three on, but I don't think so since what we're seeing is a lack of a winning attitude, a lack of performance on the field coupled with some locker room issues and a CS that seems in something less than control of the team. Last year's problems are also relevant since the lack of adequate talent on the roster was first apparent then, and has continued due to an unproductive off season.

The three wins so far this year came against a Buffalo team that matches up poorly against the Jets, a first Miami game where arguably their kicker gave it to the Jets, and a Colts team that hit a down week after their emotional win over GB following news of their HC's health problems.

Add it all up, and given Seattle's apparent advantages including not the least of which is playing at home and the Jets having to cross the country to play them, and I probably have less confidence about a Jet win here than in recent memory. I understand Seattle fans are aware of shortcomings here and there on their team. But their problems are nothing close to what the Jets have had.

I doubt the Jets have better than a one in eight chance to win.

12. hawker84

hawker84 New Member

Barcs: i respect your opinion, just want to shed some light, those stats are a bit misleading... early in the season our coaches bottled up wilson and the passing game, not to mention numerous drops and penalties nulified serveral drives and potential scores, so i would caution anyone taking our offense lightly.. our secondary is much better than 49ers , they'll even admit that themselves.. i will say SF is a better ( more complete team ) right now, but we are very close... those are all great stats but the ones i look at is, we've scored 24 or more points 4 times and most of those recently, which means we're getting better..... and after playing GB, NE, Dallas, SF, to mention a few, all with great offenses, we've have yet to give up mor than 23 points and that was against NE's #1 offense ... not to mention we dropped 3 easy pics in that game , which would have gave him 5 on the day...

so as i respect your opinions, and admire your support for your team, to call this an easy blow out is let's say a bit reckless... there's a few holes in our team admittingly, but one thing i can guarentee you is, this will not be an easy win, if you do win , you will have earned it, that's for sure.. i'm pretty sure your players and coaching staff already know all this.. should be a good one...

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets will beat the Seahawks. You heard it here first. In impressive fashion too. Could jump start them to go on a little streak. I am excited to see it. :beer: Cheers!

14. BTC

BTC New Member

Yeah....feel we could totally go in and smoke seattle with a huge game. (well....its possible anyways) But then we'll get smoked by the Rams next week. Thats how we roll this year.

If we lose this game.....screw it...put Mcelroy in for the rest of the year...lets see what he can do. :mad:

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I wasn't saying the Jets were going to blow the Hawks out. The other guy said they would blow us out and it could be a shutout. Now I know the Hawks are better than they've been and their D has stepped it up, but they aren't the 49ers. The niners seem like one of the most complete teams in the league. I think the Jets - Seahawks game is going to be one of those defensive games where one team edges the other. I just hope it's not decided on a hail mary :p

16. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Russell Wilson throws his first home INT, you heard it hear first. Also Braylon won't have a catch.

17. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

#notquiteboldpredictions

18. UWSfan

UWSfan New Member

Does anyone understand why we're playing Seattle on the road when we played there 4 years ago? Isn't there supposed to be alternating home sites with teams in the other conference? Shouldn't we play at Arizona and home for Seattle this year?

19. Big Blocker

I am just about there myself.

20. LegionOfBoom

LegionOfBoom New Member

The teams we have struggled with either have an elite QB or an elite running game. IMO, the Jets have neither, so this will likely be a defensive battle, kind of like our 13-6 game at San Francisco.

And some of you said the Niners DB's are better than ours, well, I think our secondary is better than the Niners but they have a better front seven so their DB's don't have to do as much.

But with a direct comparison of DB's, I think most would conclude the Hawks are better. By the way, I think you will dig the first play of this clip:

youtube .com /watch?v=qcUS2sGRqhE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.