Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

It's kind of a catch22. Running game definitely blows due to the reasons that you state, but the fact that teams don't fear Sanchez's passing ability plays into it as well, just as alleycat9 stated.

2. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

The problem is you think fans who would rather have other areas addressed first, because Sanchez isn't the biggest issue in their opinion for this team, are Sanchez homers. "Oh - you want a better RB? Sanchez homer! You want a receiver? Sanchez homer! You want a successful pass rusher? Sanchez homer!"

3. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

No, I think people that feel an urge to defend one of the worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL are Sanchez homers. I think people that compare a guy with a lower career passer rating than JP Losman to a 2-time Super Bowl winning quarterback are Sanchez homers. I think people that try to contextualize and excuse the worst completion percentage in the NFL are Sanchez homers.

When someone says Sanchez sucks, there is only one correct response -- yes he does, and hopefully he'll be gone soon. If you want to discuss other team shortcomings after that, knock yourself out. But our lack of receivers and pass rushers doesn't have any impact on the fact that Sanchez is terrible and will continue to be terrible indefinitely.

Blaine Gabbert, the John Lennon of terrible quarterbacking, has a higher passer rating this season than Sanchez has had in any of his four seasons in the NFL. The fact that you need to come up with excuses to explain that is not a good sign.

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It's funny you say that when Eli Manning to this day still makes throws and mistakes that a 4th year starter shouldn't make. The line is certainly not helping Sanchez or the run game. Upgrading the line would be like upgrading Sanchez.

9 ints out of what? 25? That's still absurd. Sanchez has had close to half his INTS this year go off receiver's hands and it happened last year as well. My point is that shit happens. Even good QBs make similar mistakes. When Sanchez makes a bad pick in the red zone fans shit all over him and say that plays like that cannot happen and that good QBs never do it, but then Eli goes and does the same thing week in and week out and the fans (jets fans) don't even notice. When you follow a team, you analyze it more than every other team, but in reality there is so much variance in football it's not always easy to assign blame to certain players in a play, even one that results in a red zone pick. I remember one that happened in the Dolphins first game that was actually the fault of Cumberland for running his route in the wrong spot. We learned this from the coaches after the game. How do we really know how many of those other picks where really because of mistiming of routes or receivers not being on the same page with Sanchez trying to learn a new system? How many are on Sanchez? There's a reason the coaches are sticking with him. They know more behind the scenes of what goes on than we ever will and they are defending him as the starter. I'm aware he's no Eli, and that he's still at the bottom of the pack, but he's still better than the stats indicate and is capable of running the offense. Replacing him would be a bad move. Upgrading the line would have been nice, though. I just feel Sanchez takes the bulk of the criticism when it's really the offensive talent as a whole. He's the scapegoat because he's the QB. He's the head, but we all know Voltron can't form without all working components.

#1684 Barcs, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  5. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

So he's bottom of the pack in the NFL, but replacing him would be a bad move? Huh? Do you carry that logic over into other aspects of your life? "Peanut butter and jelly is one of the worst sandwiches. Better make another for tomorrow!"

And he's better than the stats indicate based on what exactly? Gut feeling?

It's not the offense. It's not the offensive coordinator. It's not the receivers or the OL or the running game or the weather. It's Sanchez. It's been four years. We've had different receivers, different linemen, different running backs, different OCs, and one thing remains the same: Sanchez stinks.

2009: 28th in passer rating, 29th in completion percentage
    2010: 27th in passer rating, 29th in completion percentage
    2011: 23rd in passer rating, 28th in completion percentage
    2012: 30th in passer rating, 33rd in completion percentage

People like to say he's inconsistent, but he's extremely consistent. Death, taxes, and Sanchez being bad.

6. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

As I said in a recently deleted thread (Sanchez homers?), the Jets should just have stuck with Kellen Clemens and spent the money they used for Sanchez on a monster O-line, RB, and WR's. Once they signed Sanchez to the $50 million dollar rookie deal they then didn't have the money left to protect him or give him whatever else he needed to succeed.

Basically the Jets have spent $50+ million dollars on a quarterback that is no better than the guy they had in the first place (Kellen Clemens). If the Jets had stuck with Clemens and used the money to get a monster RB and O-line they would be contending for the division right now. Huge mistake by Tannenbaum. HUGE MISTAKE! Career ending mistake.

7. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Say what?! Sanchez's contract is piss poor but Kellen Clemens?

8. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

thats the most rediculous thing i've heard...did you watch kellen play? When he was the starter he was terrible, the only thing he had going for him was arm strength. As far as drafting Sanchez goes and giving him a big deal it was heaven sent when we were in those 2 AFCCG, but then the players we had around him started to either diminish or moved. I agree right now this Sanchez contract has Mr. T on the hott seat and i see it getting harder and harder for him(Sanchez) to be successful here, but we didnt have a qb to build around so it would have been wasted money either way...you cant have a great team and kellen clemens as your qb and you cant have Sanchez and the replacements its a lose lose. We needed a qb either way it just so happens we landed Sanchez and for 2 years he was the next broadway joe now everyone wants to dump him...im on the fense with that arguement so i wont judge my opinion in this reply, but either way somethings gotta give.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't think the comparisons between Sanchez and Clemens are all that laughable. Yes, Clemens is down around 62 for Qb rating, but Sanchez's numbers for int percentage is actually a tad higher, and their completion percentage numbers are virtually indistinguishable.

But if the point is in comparing the two whether the money spent on Sanchez is well spent, the answer is obviously not.

10. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

its not so much that I find the comparison laughable, its more that either way the money is going to be spent on a lost cause. If you put all the talent around Clemens and spend the money there your not going to produce, he's just not good enough. Where as you spent the money on Mark and let a lot of the talent around him leave or they have deminished in ability and Mark has regressed with that loss in stead of picking up the slack...All im saying is you cant have a below average qb on a great team and have success and you cant have a good qb with a sub standard team and have success...u either are on a balanced team or your qb is elite to the level he can carry the whole team or u have an incredible defense as we have seen in the past.

11. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I htink the point is that if Sanchez is not statistically any appreciably better than Clemens, the Jets could have used the money they gave Sanchez to put better players around Clemens. And that THAT team would be a better one than the one they have now.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Clemmons? Is that what the SanchoMeterâ„¢ is reading now?

What's next...Danny Wuerffel?

14. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Advice for Rex: lose out, trade up, or do whatever you have to do for Geno Smith. No idea how good he'll be, but at least he would give us some hope here.

Tannehill is better right now than Sanchez ever was or ever will be.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

im surprised to still see people on the gino smith bandwagon after his dismal performance the past 4 weeks.

hell i would take akili smith at this point... yes i am kidding sancheese isnt that bad.

16. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

In previous seasons when he would stare down a receiver, then throw it to that receiver on the sideline and have it picked off and run back for 6, I would scream at him to try a pump-fake once in awhile and the receiver would be wide open with only the safety to beat. Apparently he heard me and now thinks he should do it on every pass.

17. The_Darksider

Agreed. It seems that every catch is either a circus catch or the guy has to fall down to catch/protect the ball. When was the last time he hit anyone in stride??

18. The_Darksider

Except they likely will put up more than 13 points this time. Lynch will destroy the poor-tackling defense, and their receivers likely will eat us up - Rice seems healthy again and Tate is up and coming. We always have trouble with tight ends and Zach Miller is due for his one-huge-game-per-year outing. Only shot we've got is forcing the rookie Wilson into making some big mistakes - but I don't see us scoring much. This looks like a 27-3 kinda game.

19. Greeny

Greeny New Member

Previous seasons? You mean he doesnt stare down wrs now? The guy hasn't improved at all. We need to move on. I would take almost every starting QB over him and even some back ups. I really can't believe some on here still defend this guy. People have been saying he sux for years. And by people I mean every single person alive on the entire planet besides ny.

20. The_Darksider

Yeah, let's give him time to develop into Alex Smith. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.