Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

As much as I am now a critic of Sanchez, to compare him to Luck is unfair.

Luck is after all a rookie ;)

But seriously, Luck coming out of college is one of those once or twice every 10-15 years QB's. However, eh what the heck I can't even give a defense of Sanchez.

2. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

Sanchez is going to go down as one of the biggest Draft flops in Jets history.

3. Christian

Christian Active Member

As bad as he's been the last 2 years, this is just an incredibly idiotic statement to make.

4. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Umm.. Not even close.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

no chance. the competition is to stiff

6. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

Problem is there are 4 rookie qb's who are right now playing better than Sanchez(Luck, RG3,Tannehill,Wilson). Possibly 5 - it is debatable if Weeden is currently a better qb than Sanchez.

For clarification I am not saying more potential. These guys as rookies are all much better, and help their team more than our fourth year qb. Who was taken #5 overall.

7. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Sanchez has sucked this year. The rushing attack has sucked. The offensive line has sucked. The play calling has sucked. The receivers have sucked. The OFFENSE has sucked. Get over it. Sacks, fumbles, interceptions, dropped passes, no yardage on rushes, bland play calling... Hopefully they can turn it around and make a push for a playoff spot.

Sanchez is the current QB for the NY Jets. Let's move on.

8. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

Christian enlighten me and please tell me why and everybody on this board should believe Sanchez will take us to the promise land?????????????????? Sanchez is still making rookie mistakes and I do not see a difference between his rookie year and 2012. What do you see that is so impressive about this clown in your eyes?

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, no way.

10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Gholston is the biggest bust, Zero Sacks...says it all. He had no heart or desire to play football, he took is millions and ran.

Sanchez is on the verge of being a bust, the Jet's mangaement and coachees have fucked up Sanchez's mind. Rex and Tanny haven't given Sanchez a supporting group of players on offense. Sanchez's psyche can't handle his situation in NY and Tebow trade didn't help.

Sanchez will probably be better off in another organization

11. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Actually read those words before you all jump down this guys throat.

Sanchez is ONE OF the biggest busts and that's true. We traded up for a number 5 pick to get him and he is the worst starting qb in the league

NOBODY said he's the BIGGEST bust

12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You need to chill dude.

I know how to read.

Sanchez isn't one of the biggest busts, yet, he's on the way of being a bust, but we have to reserve judgement till he's off the roster to make that final call.

13. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

Gholston is the biggest bust! Sanchez should move on after this season. He's gonna be better in another jersey and without the spotlight on his every move. NY is a bad place for a Qb these days. I just hope the Jets don't keep Tebow. The circus will continue next season IMO.

14. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Sanchez isn't close to an all-time draft bust.
    He's not Ryan Leaf. He is just what he appears to be,
    a below average quarterback. The Jets just need to
    realize that they have to move on. You're not winning in
    today's NFL with a QB as limited and flawed as Sanchez.

15. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

Mark Sanchez's Scouting Report
    By Matt McGuire

Strengths: Solid size and adequate bulk ... Impressive statistical production in junior season ... Extremely fluid athlete ... Outstanding mobility ... Great pocket awareness and knows how to step up into and around the pocket to get the ball off ... Has the sixth sense for the pass rush ... Strong arm and can make all the NFL throws, but it isn't elite ... Very solid, consistent accuracy ... Fluid footwork ... Very quick release ... Nice touch on the football ... Throws a sweet deep ball ... Looks like a natural in the pocket and throwing the ball on the run .... Highly intelligent ... Spent four years at USC around a traditional West Coast playbook ... Field general ... Reportedly great work ethic ... Extremely high upside.

Weaknesses:Very inexperienced; only threw 487 pass attempts in his career with only one year of starting experience ... Started out hot, but had inconsistent accuracy during the middle of the season ... Unimpressive as a sophomore ... Needs a little more work on reading defenses ... Could put on a few more pounds of muscle ... Major durability concerns ... Will likely need a year with a clipboard before he is ready to start ... Got arrested for sexual assault as a freshman, but there was no found evidence.

Summary: Talent-wise, I absolutely love Mark Sanchez. I think he has more natural talent than Matthew Stafford. BUT, Stafford has the experience factor and arm strength over Sanchez which will propel him to be the first quarterback taken. Sanchez has it all when you talk about a franchise quarterback, and the work ethic Matt Leinart does not. The team that drafts Sanchez might have to be a little patient. The sexual assault charge does not concern me at all (no evidence, no further problems) and it will not concern GMs.

Player Comparison: Aaron Rodgers. When I saw Rodgers play at Cal, I saw a natural at quarterback with the ability to improvise outside the pocket. Sanchez has the same level of athleticism, and both are proficient passers.

This was the bill on Sanchez when we drafted him. He is a bust right now he hasn't lived up to anything on that report

16. displacedfan

10/24 125 5.2 0 1 2-11 41.1
    10/27 138 5.1 1 0 2-9 46.4

Guys, this is why you can't cherry pick one game randomly and compare. Both these stat lines are for Qbs playing the Steelers. Eli is the top one, Sanchez the bottom one. At not point this season is Sanchez on par or in the same stratosphere of QB play of Eli, but if I can cherry pick one game it tells a whole different, yet inaccurate story.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

when they dont respect the passing game they put an extra man in the box, they leave a run stopping linebacker on the field in toss up run/pass situations and they have no fear of rushing the passer with extra men.

thats just how it works. we ran the ball well a few years ago because we were VERY good at it and could even with an extra man in the box still put a body on a body and block it up.

NOW we really cant do that. to call out specific games is comical, what is indianapolis run defense? they dont even have a run defense, they are terribly undersized and give up large amounts of yardage every week. they are 24th in the league and give up 130 yards per game on the ground. even with 7 or even 8 in the box they still are a terrible run defense.

18. displacedfan

We can't really do that because of Sanchez or because or OL has dropped and Greene isn't a great running back? You seem to be missing the forrest from the trees here. The OL play dropped, the QB play dropped, the RB play dropped, and the problem for the run game is the QB, not the two primary units of the running game? Sanchez is clearly a problem for the passing game, to say he is the main reason the running game is also struggling seems ridiculous to me. That would probably have to do with not having a game breaking back and having a not consistent OL. Those seem to more directly affect the running game than Sanchez and the passing game. They do help each, the run game and pass game, but Sanchez is a clear problem in the pass game, not that the run game is bad. Just like the OL/Greene are the main problem in the run game, not that pass game is bad.

That's the whole point. We ran the ball well against IND without passing successfully. We didn't run it well at NE with the passing game successful. I could go on and on but I decided to take the best days of both sides to show what happened. In both cases it went against your theory Sanchez was holding the run game back somehow

#1678 displacedfan, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

bad merge, they were 2 different conversations and both were holding their own.

but then again this just helps this thread become HUGEmonsterous.

20. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

At what point do we make a Sanchezmania forum for the Sanchez apologists?

Guy has been one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL for 4 straight years. Defending him is ludicrous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.