Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Fixed it for you

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Jets happen to be in the middle of the league in third down completion percentage.

Third and 6 is decidely a passing situation, not optimal at all for a ground and pound team.

3. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I guess I'm not in my right mind because I am more than ready to see what McElroy has to offer.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Possible....just not likely.

They couldn't get this done during camp, pre-season and half the regular season. What makes you think they can achieve all this during a bye-week?
    Don't forget that big daddy Rex gave the squad a week off.

I was optimistic too...until the Dolphins came in and embarrassed us at home.
    The way that game was coached & played pretty much doused any flicker of hope I had for this season.

Rex looked lost after that debacle. Don't you think that trickles down to the players?
    Hell...he IS lost. His solution is a suggestion box fer chrissakes...

There's a difference between being "optimistic" and being realistic. If you think we're in any shape to win 6-8 games in the remainder of the season, you're thinking with your heart, not your head.

5. wildaces

wildaces Banned

So you know that Sanchez sucks, but you wouldn't be interested in a different option to see what we have? If correct, you are saying that even though it isn't working, keep trying and expect different results, right?

The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes over and over again and expecting different results.:breakdance:

6. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Have you heard of that QB that used to play on the Jets? I forget, what was his name? Chad Pennington? His arm was not very very good correct?

LOL, all in good fun, that said, McElroy might be a very good QB, but we won't know until he has an opportunity.

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Of course you’re losing your mind. The team you love is dying, no different than a family member with cancer. Of course you are willing to do anything but before you actually do anything make sure your not doing more harm.

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm a Jets fan insanity is a given and even the insane learn from their mistakes.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yes, Pennington was much better coming out of college and he was not nearly as good after all the surgeries when his are strength deteriorated to where McElroy's is now.

10. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Pennington could throw 60 yard flutter balls, it was the 20 yard outs that killed him, and our wide receivers. He single handily shortened Coles career.

That being said, McElroy played in a top division in college, and lead that team to a national championship. I believe he was a part of a team with a great defense, and a good running game. I also believe that he could play against top teams in the NFL. I have already seen that he has better fundamentals than Sanchez, and above average intelligence. That said, there will be some growing pains with the speed of the game.

11. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Suggesting that McElroy was drafted with a throwing capacity of a broken arm quarterback that didn't have initial arm strength is naive at best. There is a big difference in having zip on short passes than arm strength, and McElroy has already proven that he has zip. McElroy has the ability to anticipate, which is his strongest asset. Sanchez has zilch.

12. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Doing more harm may be beneficial to this team! :beer:

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

So you want to rebuild the Jets with a guy that can't throw the ball because he's smart?

Pennington was a legitimate NFL QB coming out of college, McElroy isn't a legitimate NFL QB coming out of college. Pennington had a much better arm then McElroy before his arm was destroyed. When it was destroyed he already had years in the NFL knew the game and we didn't have anyone close to as talented as Sanchez (even though he sucks) on the roster.

This is not a good analogy at all. The Jets grabed Favre and drafted Sanchez because at the end of the day they couldn't live with Chad's arm even though he had way more going for him even with a surgically destroyed arm then McElroy.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

...and he hasn't fumbled the clipboard once this season!

Once upon a time, there was a 6th round back-up quarterback named Tom Brady...

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Dude, we're 3-5 right now. We have to win 6 of our last 8 games in order to even be in contention for a wildcard spot. With the way we are right now, where do you see those 6 wins? If the playoffs started today, we wouldn't even be thinking about it/

Keep in mind, this is making the reasonable assumption that Sanchez is still playing like shit. 2-2 in the division doesn't help when you get embarrassed by Miami like that. It also doesn't help to lose all of the AFC games that we lost.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

There's nothing about the next 8 games on the schedule that makes me think that's impossible. Likely, not if we keep playing like we are playing but the schedule looks pretty favorable to me if we can start playing any kind of fundementally sound football.

The league isn't exactly scary right now.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

How'd that work out for us?

18. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Seems like there's another Jets QB with those credentials, whose top-division achievements McElroy doesn't even come close to.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We got close but couldn't close the deal, not that unusual and the deal for both of them was relatively cheap.

20. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The thing is, nothing makes me think that we won't keep playing like this.

I would feel a lot better had we been in a close game with Miami. But to be blown out like that is utterly embarrassing and ruins a lot of hope for a good second half of the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.