Does Tebow give us a better shot of winning the second half of the season?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by ouchy, Oct 29, 2012.

1. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Tebow won't have the luxury of Denver's 2011 defense to lean on. So all games he starts will likely be 34-0 losses.

2. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Why is it hard for you to realize that Tebow turned your team into the number one rushing offense in the league. Any D will benefit from that. A grind it out offense that stays on the field and doesn't turn it over (another one of Tebow's specialties) will benefit a Defense. I don't know why I do this to myself though. I promised myself I'd stop responding to the likes of you, phaytal and slap.

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I was negative 15 when that happened

Why does it bother you so much that I am a fan of Tebow?

Ask yourself that question and then get back to me

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I think you have to keep playing Sanchez, Tanny paid him to dig out of this mess, that is what he is going to do.

5. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I'm Tebowing that Tebow only do his Tebowing as RB, HB, TE. Anything but QB.

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

No I was serious. I was impressed it had not come up yet.

"keep reading" .

I was serious.

#126 CowboysFan, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  7. Bannon

Bannon New Member

One of the main reasons I see to bench Sanchez for the second half of the seasons is to give Tebow the chance to show his stuff and earn the #1 going into OTA's and training camp. He's still never had an offseason or camp where he got the reps, and he's a player that will benefit from that. I think there will be another quantum leap in his play if that ever happens, and people will be saying "where did this come from?" But if he doesn't get in this year, it will be yet another offseason where he's in an offense designed for someone else, getting very few reps, and taking a backseat role in tailoring the offense.

So it's worth it to me to go ahead and do it. Obviously, if you want Sanchez installed as the franchise quarterback for years to come, then of course don't do it. But it's clear to me that he's not the answer. Ready to give it to Tim for one offseason.

8. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, and Christian Ponder didn't get an OTA, training camp, or anything last year as rookies, and all three of them came in and played at a very high level. They earned their starting roles. Tebow is in his 3rd year, soon to be 4th, and it's pretty clear that he will not be starting anywhere next year. No one has stepped to the plate and tried to sign him by today's trade deadline. No one is interested in developing a quarterback who is lacking that much in basic quarterbacking skills.

Tebow will never earn a starting role for any team. The only chance he has to start is if the actual quarterback on the team plays himself out of a job. He is like a circus attraction. 'Step right up and see the window dressing, with the unshakable faith, and fabulous morals, ride the pine'.

9. Bannon

Bannon New Member

So you're up for another debate about Tebow's future, and whether he's good enough to ever play quarterback in the NFL?

Sorry to disappoint.

[​IMG]

10. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Nothing to debate about really...

Every team had a shot at him this spring, and not one deemed him starter-worthy. Every team has until the end of today and sign him, but the Jets phone certainly isn't ringing. His job has gone from a 1st round quarterback to a 4th round punt protector.

[​IMG]

:lol:

11. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Broncos 2011 Defense - 24.4 PPG allowed, 22nd in the NFL

Jets 2012 Defense - 25.0 PPG, 22nd in the NFL

sorry to let facts get in the way of a good hate-post

12. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

so in other words he should be starting for the jets any week now

:beer: