Does Tebow give us a better shot of winning the second half of the season?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by ouchy, Oct 29, 2012.

1. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

I respect your argument, but Demarius Thomas and Eric Decker seem ok in Denver. Peyton manning can make half the wr's in the nfl look like studs thou.

2. catfish

catfish New Member

teams up by 1 score or less don't play prevent, that is ridiculous, and after 1 or 2 teams got burned in the 4th quarter, no teams played prevent

fact is when they ran the ball the most they scored the least, when Tebow threw the ball they scored twice as much, basically even a mediocre passer is better than a decent run game as long as he doesn't turn it over.

also prevent defenses doesnt explain why Denver is still having trouble scoring until the 2nd half with Manning at QB

#102 catfish, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  3. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Eh, most of us "supporters" recognize these advantages and see the weaknesses.

The disconnect is between the times we've seen him be successful. (the 4th quarter in many scenario's [steelers, vikings, chargers, and raiders not withstanding]) And the bad games.

Its been called out before that Tebow is a flashpoint because he makes supporters and detractors right simultaneously.

Some folks saw failures and say he's not a QB. These folks also saw successes and called them flukes.

4. catfish

catfish New Member

I don't know about Kerley, but if they used Hill like DT he could put up some big numbers running the 9 route just like back in GT

5. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

If it gets bad to the point that rex would actually pull mark the real question is why would you even want to come back to him? In this scenario It would be established that neither Sanchez or Tebow would be the answer.

at this point give mcelroy a shot for a bit and see if he is untill we draft someone who is the answer or take a free agent.

6. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

A lot of that prob has to do with him having so much media coverage and hype and barely playing this season. Tim does get too much attention for his skill lvl. Not saying he is terrible, but I can name 5-10 qbs who are better and get way less coverage then him.

We cant have selective memory thou, Tim was also on the top 100 players list recently . Wasn't that voted for by the players?

7. catfish

catfish New Member

Absolutely agree he gets too much attention, if he wasn't in the media all the time he would just be another young QB struggling to adjust to the NFL. Probably be backing up Manning right now. 5-10 better is pretty generous, there are maybe 3 in the league that get more press and at least 15 better than him hands down as QB's. The name Tebow shouldn't be in the media based on his performance thus far, and he would probably be better off if it wasn't NFL career wise

8. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Sure was, but that voting came after he played just a few games. Now that more players got a look at him since then, I think they some might be having buyers remorse. Could be and admission on their part that they themselves might have overrated him last year.

No doubt the media attention he gets goes a LONG way toward that, but when was the last time a player that spends most of the time on that bench gets more attention than nearly every player. It is comparable with the top players in the league. Kinda odd having a press conference like the one he had in a trade for a backup QB for a 4th rounder, and somehow became the face of the franchise.

A few weeks ago, the talking heads at ESPN were giving a preview to the Jets and Texans game. They actually said, "The Houston Texans take on.... TIM TEBOW and the New York Jets." Kinda rolled my eyes at that one, I mean, since when did the Jets become "Tim Tebow's team?"

I can see why a lot of players would change their tune.

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Voting was done AFTER the season ended but good try as usual. Your relentless fake anti tebow PR is scary man....wait a second is THIS KYLE ORTON??????????????

here you go neck beard its an OFF SEASON poll

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Top_100

10. Concerned_Citizen

I stand corrected on that one.

I still think the players have had a change of heart though. Noticed you dodged my rebuttal when you called me a liar though on another one. Just as you dodged my rebuttal about how the defense contributed to Tebow's record and refused to acknowledge just how much that helped him as it would any QB in the league.

talk about neck beards...

#110 Concerned_Citizen, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  11. Potzer

Potzer New Member

>< They voted him most over-rated last year too. (before he was starting)

No one brings this up, and we know why.

Get over it. No one with any sense trumpted him making the 100 top players list. Get over the media machine overrated story ffs.

12. WestonJetson

WestonJetson New Member

You dont even know who Neckbeard is retard. Tebow was voted top 100 because, as a starting QB for Denver, his effort and production was Top 100. He is overrated now because he has the same media coverage, the same fanbase/following, and zip for production in this fucked up offensive system. He is overrated for the amount of undeserved coverage he gets for a backup qb who runs 3 qb sneaks per game up the middle out of the shotgun. Retard

13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I have annihilated you many time with the defense thing, here it is again for the 12th time. it gets boring having to do it again.

HERE READ IT FOR ONCE:

Tebow was not the only reason the Broncos completely turned around that abysmal record and ended 8-5 with a playoff win , obviously special teams and defense were a huge part.

BUT without Tebow the Broncos do not go 8-5 with a playoff win , as Tebow is one of the 3 pieces that were necessary to get that accomplished. Quinn and Orton would not have had that success running the traditional offense. The Tebow offense McCoy and Fox installed was better at getting wins and Tebow executed it very well (especially for being throw into it in the middle of the year). The other two components for the turn around where defense and special teams . Yes tebow had hot 4th quarter drives that got Praeter in position but prater came through again and again. The defense made stop after stop and Tebow executed a made out of thin air offense to the point where Denver was the #1 rushing team in the league .... It all worked, together.

Therefore Tebow deserves as much credit for the turn around as the defense and the kicking game (he was one of the 3 pieces) .

14. Concerned_Citizen

Myopia must be a beautiful thing. You've anihhalated nothing.

Yep, already read that once, and once again you are giving a disproportionate amount of the credit. 33% for one guy on offense. 33% for the defense. 33% for special teams.

Here's how I see it. Tebow gets about 5% of the credit, which is being generous. The rest of the offense COMBINED gets about 10%. (Running game was better with McGahee, and D.Thomas did a hell of a job too.) As a unit, they stunk it up 90% of the time, led the league in three and outs, finished toward the bottom of the league in total offense DESPITE having top rushing. They had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to beat shitty teams by scoring just enough to win a game when defense kept them in all day.

That's 15% total for the offense.

I'd say another 25 - 30% for special teams. A field goal was solid gold real estate in low scoring games. All they had to do was have an offense get the ball into Prater's range, and even that was few and far in between. Call it 45% total for special teams and offense. The defense was the other 55%.

You STILL don't get that we could have EASILY won most of those games with ANY other QB. Look at average win/loss records when defenses give up as few points as the Broncos did during the wins... when you do that, Tebow doesn't look like anything special at all. Could probably have won some of them with some bum off the street.

Trust me, if the rest of the league thought Tebow was THAT integral to the Broncos last year, he'd be locked up long term and starting rather than sitting on the bench as a package player and punt protector behind a shitty QB.

#114 Concerned_Citizen, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lettuce be cereal

Tebow would have gone 8-5 no matter how the D played

He wills the team to victory and sends laser guided missiles to the receivers

srs

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You're in tebow hater fantasy land.

Denver was 12-24 in previous 36 games but now "magically: ANYONE could have gotten to 8-5 LOL

You sir deserve the unicorn.

here is the real reason you won, unicorns and sky wizards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

No

(Filler)

18. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I am impressed you have not brought up the 72 Dolphins by now (what is it 3 post in thread? nice!)

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No .

20. Concerned_Citizen

Spin job artist strikes again.

You DO realize the defense allowed an average of 28+ points per game during that stretch don't ya?

Why is it so tough for you to understand when a defense allows that much, it is harder to win than it is when a defense allows 13?

you guys can't be that dumb... can you? No wonder you were quarantined to the Tebow forum.