Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I've been saying that since day one about him. He has a completely unnecessary pump fake. Usually all it does is make it that much harder to throw to an open guy as he has to spend valuable time recocking.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

But everyone jumps down whoever says that. But god forbid I qualify the 2/3 1000 yard receivers have declined every year since their 1000 yard seasons including pre Sanchezm, during Sanchez, post Sanchez that and I'm diminishing them. Let's not act like Braylon, Santonio, and Jerricho are Calvin, Cruz, and Welker over here.

What's unacceptable, that one second year QB had better stats in every cateogry except QB rating than another second QB? Or that I took the time to look at more than one statistic and actually compare them. My bad for using 5-7 other stats to paint a whole picture. People only want it the way they argue, not both ways.

Sanchez had a good team around, surprise surprise we played well as a team and went 11-5. We start taking away the talent from Sanchez and he plays worse. What a shocker. Sanchez isn't elite. I can't believe I didn't see this the first 3 years he was in the league.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You mean the kickoff return where Gates was so close to breaking it and he ran into his own man? The one where he was cheering like his teammates and then like his teammates everyone grimaced and went "aahhh damn" on their faces because they had 7 working for them on that return? Honestly, actually kill him for everything he sucks at. There plenty actual things but people want to reach and exaggerate.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

at the end of the day QB rating gauges overall efficiency. a passer can excel in multiple categories, but if they are so poor in others it reduces their efficiency. and efficiency is what will indicate their overall ability.

Sanchez's careers hasn't been defunct of statistical accomplishments, but he still sucks and his passer rating indicates that.

as a team we played well when there was talent around Sanchez, but statistically he never played well overall. he played average to poor when he had talent, and has played average to poor without. no matter how much talent he has, he has never been good statistically.

which leads to what seems to be a logical conclusion. when Sanchez has talent that talent makes up for his lack of ability, so if you want a QB that is a difference maker Sanchez should not be your choice.

5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

An interesting stat I saw from ESPN today on Sanchez has him leading the league in under thrown and overthrown passes with 23.9% of his passes being either under thrown or overthrown. That is just an amazing stat. This does not even count all the passes thrown 2 yards behind the receiver. Even when Sanchez completes a pass it is almost always a horribly thrown pass requiring a great effort by the receiver.

I thought Sanchez had shown some signs of progress earlier this year in his footwork, stepping up in the pocket (in the Texans game and forst Phins game) to extend plays, showing some signs of toughness (see 1st Phins game where he actually throws the ball in the pocket multiple times while taking a hit something we have never see from Sanchez) and getting rid of the ball faster rather than his normal holding the ball far to long when confused by a blitz. In a couple of those games he looked close to becoming a real NFL QB. But as the year has gone on all these improvements have gone away and he is back to playing like he did the last 3 years. The worse he plays, the more he shuffles his feet in the pocket, ducks his head and reverts into panic/afraid mode. There is no QB that plays as scared, panics more or has worse pocket presence than Sanchez. He really needs a timeout where he can work on his fundamentals and rebuild himself mentally. I have no faith in Tebow and would prefer McElroy but regardless of who would replace him, Sanchez needs to sit.

#1205 Noam, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It is clear to most every Jets fan now that we need to move on from Sanchez and find a franchise QB.

Now the question is do we draft one or acquire a veteran QB via free agency?

I think there's a few very capable backups in the NFL today (Matt Moore, etc). I'm more concerned with the ability of the Jets FO to properly evaluate the best available talent and make sure they bring in the right QB for the job.

7. RevisXt

RevisXt Member

Everyone here is just amazing. Sanchez has played poor to average with talent around him? Did you watch anything his first 2 years? Oh whenever he played well it was just a fluke right. So many of you are knee-jerk fans that criticize Mark like he's never had a good game in his life. Remember when Hill let the touchdown pass hit him in the stomach and not catch it? Or how well he played against the Pats and Texans? Right those don't count. Sanchez fumbling on 3rd and long in OT against the Pats because the Oline crumbled is why we lost the game! Im ashamed at the stupidity on these boards. What qb would do well right now with this offense?? Can you really picture Brady or Brees being successful here? Sanchez is not a great qb but he is good enough for this team to be successful. He will not make the players around him better but he will play well with good players. Everyone saying hes the reason this offense sucks is so narrow minded and ignorant.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

For someone so upset by stupidity you seem intent on trumping it with every letter typed. you can't isolate. specific games and then think they are more meaningful than the totality of all the games he has played. well, you can, but stupidity would be an accurate description of such an argument.

nobody has claimed he is devoid of good play so a few instances of it do not compensate for how poorly he has played overall.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

There are two things the Jets need to do going forward.

1. If they keep Sanchez then they must spend the offseason on acquiring the best possible talent around him. Pick up a runningback like a Steven Jackson, get Dwayne Bowe. Re sign Keller, plus Stephen Hill with one year of experience, Kerley in the slot and a healthy Holmes. That would be a good receiving corp. Add depth to the o line and see what Sanchez does with that.

2. Get a young veteran qb like a Matt Flynn or Matt Moore. These are qbs that has experience and are relatively young so that way we can skip the growing pains of developing a qb like what we went through with Sanchez.

10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

And that is the problem. If you're going to be an NFL QB, you have to make the players around you better. And that means making good plays.

Look at Eli Manning, he makes no-names into pro bowlers every year it seems.

Meanwhile, Sanchez makes no-names into toilet bowlers.

11. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Fixed for accuracy.

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Also let me add that this is either or. If they want to give Sanchez one last shot in his 5th year then they need to put talent around him. Or cut their losses and pick up a young vet qb.

13. Colintes

Colintes New Member

Jeremy Kerley big name receiver? He was a 6th round nobody, who is looking pretty good this year......

Eli Manning is a top 5 QB in the league, and he still has his shitty weeks, look at the Giants game this week. Everyone has bad games. Sanchez might not be our guy, but it's not like everything he has ever touched has turned to shit.....

14. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

The guy never said that Kerley was a somebody, but Kerley was actually a VERY good slot receiver in college. Drafting him was a very good decision (5th round, not 6th). I wouldn't call him a nobody. Slot receivers don't get the credit they deserve. Sanchez is not making Kerley look good. It's the other way around. Kerley's a slot WR to build around, a future Wes Welker. Sanchez is not a QB to build around.

15. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Wes Welker makes Brady look as good as Brady makes Wes look good.

No one ever mentions the likely level of 60% of Brady's yardage that comes from Wes and Gronk catching the ball + or - 2 yards from the line and jetting for 30 yard gains.

That's not to say Brady can't make throws - he absolutely can, of course. But Wes will get the ball at the line of scrimmage, at the 50 yard line, and take it down to the goal line. Get real man.

16. Colintes

Colintes New Member

I have a bad feeling about this...(Sanchez's Last Game)

I have a very bad feeling Sunday November 11th could be Mark Sanchez's last game as the starting QB of the New York Jets.

Coming off our bye, and an embarrassing loss to the Dolphins, Rex Ryan is now also feeling the pressure. If Sanchez doesn't get it done in our next game, it could be his last as a Jet. This all comes a mere three weeks after Sanchez drove us down the field on what could have been a game winning drive in New England; reminding us all of the QB he has been before in big game situations.

I've actually watched most of Seattle's games this year. I'm an American living in China with a subscription to NFL gamepass, meaning i've been watching a lot of the NFL. The Seahawks as a team with a great defense and rookie QB remind me a bit of what the Jets were in Sanchez's first two years, Russel Wilson as a 5'10" QB in today's NFL has intrigued me enough to quasi follow them. They are great at stuffing the run, and their D is tied for 7th in sacks, so they can get to the QB.

When Sanchez is pressured, and the running game flounders he rarely has a good game, and I just don't see us matching up very well against that Seattle team in Seattle. I can easily see them shutting down Greene and forcing us into another ugly game where Sanchez is forced to throw 40 times. Now Sanchez when given the time by his Oline, in a pressure game has occasionally performed in the past, so perhaps he bounces back and puts up a big game. But this is his do our die game. A lot of the weight will rest on his shoulders and no matter who is to blame for some of the other ugly losses this one will be on him.

If Mark Sanchez has a bad game, is sacked a few times throws a few bad picks and we flounder and to 3-6, Rex might do something he never wanted to do and I never thought we would do and go to Tim Tebow. A move everyone here knows would essentially end Sanchez career as a Jet. I didn't start as a Sanchez guy, wasn't thrilled when we drafted him etc.... but he has grown on me. He gave us some good memories and I for one will be rooting my ass off for him at least one last time next week.

17. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Ha, get real? You have no idea what you're talking about and haven't for some time. You've always been one of the biggest Sanchez cheerleaders on this board. Give it a rest. Now you're comparing Sanchez to Brady. Gronk's "jetting" 30 yards? I need to get real? Yup, it's likely that Brady has succeeded this long with mostly hodgepodge receivers and TEs, then one season you give him Randy Moss and he turns into a complete superstar.

Kerley is making Sanchez out to be even better than he is right now, which is sad. The guy gets open and is always his 3rd down go-to guy, and very few passes hit the mark with him. A real QB can make Kerley into Wes Welker. Sanchez can never and will never do that.

I'm not blaming Sanchez for all of his shortcomings. At least half of it falls on the coaching staff not developing him well. But call a spade a spade. Sanchez sucks. I'd love for him to succeed especially since this team is steadfast in keeping him at QB, but at some point it's time to give up (and for me, that time was a while ago).

18. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Ain't gonna happen. The leash is long in this one.

19. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

As I said in other threads, I would prefer us to do whatever we can to win this particular game. We'd hold tiebreaker over NE if miracles happen.

That being said, Sanchez does not and will not give us that chance.

20. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Yes - I am clearly comparing Sanchez to Brady. Context clues led you to this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.