So how long do Rex and Tanny have

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Bpk

Bpk New Member

How long Rex and Tanny have depends on:

1) Number of home losses

2) Games lost that the fan base (and owner) expected to be wins.

These are what lose a fanbase fastest and what gets coaches/GM's fired fastest.

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

THANK YOU. That's what I've been saying all along. I'm not a Tebowmanic, as I was baffled at the trade. But, I realize that there seriously is no way that Tebow can possibly do any worse than Sanchez.

For those who have a boner for Sanchez, tell me three things in which Tebow can do worse than Sanchez right now...

3. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

I'd say they could be gone this year if enough of the fans stop supporting the team financially. The media is already openly mocking the franchise so it's really only a matter of time at this point.

4. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I'm hoping this season is it. I think the team is severely lacking in preparation, fundamentals, football IQ and of course general talent, along with not being properly motivated much of the time. There are FAR too many instances where the Jets are flat for big games and don't seem to have the intensity they need to compete.

5. The_Darksider

Do you really believe that? What exactly is the identity of this team at this moment? Overhyped blowhards who talk a great game, play a poor one, beat their chests at inapproriate times, lack preparation and motivation, can't tackle - the list goes on. This all falls on the head coach. Teams with a lot less talent are much more competitive.

6. Bpk

Bpk New Member

Well, Tebow could have more balls tipped at the line due to his windup and lower delivery.

He would certainly be more mobile, though.

I would say he has less consistent predictable delivery on timing routes, but Sanchez' timing was very off yesterday.

It's a good questions actually...

I think the argument is that Tebow and Sanchez are not great at a few things, but Sanchez has potential to get better whereas people don;t see Tebow ever improving his mechanics, delivery, accuracy, release, windup etc.

7. Bpk

Bpk New Member

Out of curiosity, which teams do you think fit that description?

8. The_Darksider

And this has what to do with the Jets????

Where are you getting such stats? The 1st half of each game? The Jets aren't holding anyone to those numbers, and they are (I haven't looked) then it's as misleading as their 3rd down conversation % from last year. They were top 5 in 3rd down conversions against, but anyone who watched the games knew that they couldn't get off the field on 3rd down when it mattered. This sounds like mor eof the same. Like, Sanchez keeps fumbling in his own territory so the teams put up 7 with 1/3 of a field.

He's a good defensive guy, but he's in WAY over his head as a head coach. The team has been on a downward slide for over two seasons now, and their fundamentals have been horrible. Bad penalties, bad tackling, poor blocking, poor route running.....the list goes on. Sure, a lot of that can be blamed on the assistant coaches, but ultimately, the head coach is responsible for the assistants.

If only everyone would contribute to such a movement, we could make a huge difference. If we were capable of it (I saw "we", I am just as weak) then the NHL would be playing right now, the NBA wouldn't have had a shortened season last year, the NFL wouldn't have threatened games last year..........etc etc etc. But it won't happen.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There are very few teams at this point that have a lot less talent than the Jets. 2 years ago there were a lot but the Jets have lost a bunch of really good players since then.

Part of the problem in evaluating the Jets at this point is that it's not clear how much talent is actually on the roster. The QB is very shaky but so are most of the skill players. So how do you evaluate any of them when all of them might be better if better players surrounded them?

10. The_Darksider

So you guys want to automatically blow up the next season and a half just to ensure that Sanchez sucks enough to give up on him? Really?

11. The_Darksider

THANK YOU!!!!!! The guy has motivated the other team more than he's motivated his own at times, in fact too much of the time. In Sanchez's first year, the Jets had about 3-4 of those 10-6, 9-7, 10-9 type games that they are famous for. Even in 2010 when they were 11-5, there were a few of them. If not for some of those miracle finishes (Cleveland, Denver etc) they maybe don't make the playoffs then either. But they did,and what is, is. The New England game in 2010 is the one time this team came up absolutely huge, ONE TIME - and then went to Pittsburgh the following week and came out flatter than the pancakes I had for this morning's breakfast. Got themselves into a 24-0 hole and almost climbed out of it - but it was too late.

Last year, Rex lost complete control of the locker room and these guys did whatever the hell they wanted. It's carried over into this season as the team is confused, lacks discipline, and seemingly doesn't prepare properly.

12. TwentyFour

TwentyFour New Member

I think Rex is a good defensive coach. He is a players Head Coach and that is what we need. The players will do anything for him and they know he has their back. He cannot evaluate talent though, neither can Tannenbaum.

It's clear there isn't much talent on this team. This is the main reason we are performing so badly. We should get rid of Tannnenbaum and bring in someone that can actually draft first team contributors on a consistent basis, with the odd late round gem. Leave Ryan to coach and leave the back office stuff to the new GM. Rebuild and we will be back on track soon enough (hopefully).

13. The_Darksider

Really? Idiocy? So you think a GM who has eroded the talent on the team over the past three years, a head coach that shows no ability to prepare or discipline his team, and a QB who shows no leadership ability (and no football IQ) should be given a pass because we'd be breaking the 'consistentcy'? So this is the type of consistency you want?

After four years, teams tend to trend in the right direction, not the wrong direction.

So, tell ya what, you sit there and wish we could keep this mess together for a few years and we'll wish for what is best for the team in reality.

14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Tanny is gone. Rex is staying. Rex isnt going anywhere because both of his key players are gone for the season and his record as a JETS head coach for some time now has been great.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

If your GM is gone, your coach is gone too.

Unless the new GM is Cohen, another Woody lap dog, who is commanded to keep Rex around.

No respectable GM with a firm grasp on football AND self-pride would accept the job without being able to select his coaching staff.

So if you fire Tanny, Rex is gone too. Which is completely fine with me at this point, I am tired of being on the defensive from all other fans about 'running our mouths' and winning nothing.

I'm actually feeling sorry for Rex, having to show up in front of the media each week trying to explain the blow out losses.

The Jets need to find a coach who is a combination of these coaches: Harbaugh in Baltimore, Schiano in TB, and McCarthy in GB.

I am on the record saying I am completely fine with the new GM retaining Rex as a D-Coordinator, but knowing his sense of pride, he would probably walk away from the opportunity.

If we had a coach who did offense like Rex does defense and Rex can focus on defense 100% of the time, the Jets would have potential.

#135 GQMartin, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  16. The_Darksider

Cleveland Browns come to mind immediately as a current example. They may not have a better record, but they are in every game and playing their hearts out each week. They seem to be headed in the right direction.

To clarify, I am not specifically referring only to this year. There seems to be teams in every season who lack talent, but are well-coached, well-prepared and overachieve regularly.

The main issue that prompted my comment is that the Jets are terribly underprepared and severely lacking in fundamentals. Terrible penalties, bad tackling, blown blocking assignments, bad line play, bad routr running, dropped passes - and of course, terrible play by the QB a lot of the time - all contribute to a team that is underachieving badly. The Jets don't have a ton of talent but they aren't completely lacking in it either. They are more a team of middling players that aren't great than a team with horrible talent.

Either way, good coaching can get the best out of players if they are disciplined and smart, and the Jets have none those.

17. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Rex Must Go!

I know this will cause a lot of controversy. I like Rex, he is a good guy and he tries his best but it is time for the Rex era to end.

Rex came here with a lot of enthusiasm and bluster and guys initially bought it. That is how Rex gets guys there, through emotion. There is only so far that will go. Rex does not lead, control or discipline the time. He it too soft and apologetic to be a HC. The team does not fear him. He has to plead with them to get them play. He will be able to get a spark of emotion here and there from them but that is about it. Rex is a little bit like Cocaine. When you first try it you get really jacked up and the over time you get less jacked and eventually it just doesn't do what it used to.

The handling of Sanchez has just been horrific. Rex can't teach him and we can't get a qb coach who will come in to teach him. He has regressed and his fundamentals and more over, his attitude are just bad.

What you are seeing in the dolphins is a disciplined team. Very few mistakes, very good execution. The Jets need a better disciplined team and Rex is not going to deliver this. It is time to end the Rex Ryan charade.

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

uhhhhhh.no

-Rex had us go to back 2 back AFCCG
    -We have injuries including 2 Pro Bowl Starters one of which is a top 3 Player in the NFL
    -Rex is NOT in charge of the QB's
    -Rex is NOT in charge of personnel acquisitions.

There are so many things wrong w/this team right now but Rex isn't one of them.

Now, if you want to say he should be held accountable for certain things, ok...like Sporano is our OC and our QB Coach is a joke...:up:

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Ryan is starting to sound like Rich Kotite in these press conferences. He was ridiculous yesterday. As some of you may recall, I was against his hiring. I thought he'd be no better than Buddy Ryan. Okay, so he won some playoff games, but he's not been any better than Buddy Ryan. Too much boasting, not enough winning.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Talk about the 3rd rail of TGG.com. :eek:hmy:

Rex will ride those two AFCCG losses into Canton at the rate he's going. So will Tannenbaum. Rex will be here as long as Tannenbaum is so if its change the OP wants, he's targeting the wrong person. New GM's usually brings in their own people. I personally think Rex should get only 1 more season to get a grip on the team and the HC job on whole. Same goes for Tannenbaum to show that he can restock the depth issue on this team. You can throw Sanchez in that group as well since I think after 5 seasons if he's still making the same mistakes, then we have to accept that he is what he looks like on the field and we either accept that or move in a different direction.