Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Cool so I decided to add more facts to a discussion and you twist my words to something I didn't even say. Congratulations, you just earned a job on First Take!

Please, saying he had 3 1000 yard receivers is misleading given the fact only one had the 1000 yard season the year prior. That's like me saying Sanchez has 4 playoff wins. That's misleading. It doesn't tell the whole story. But if I say Sanchez has 4 wins, everyone has to clarify the statement that the defense and running game played well. If someone says Sanchez had 3 1000 yard receivers, I can't clarify that only 1/3 had 1000 yard season before and the other receivers have declined every year since their 1000 yard season including after leaving the Jets? :breakdance: Keep on living in your filtered word where you read what you want and not what is actually written :beer:

And I still called Sanchez a bottom tier QB at the end of the post. Didn't even say what he needed. What Sanchez needs to be a good QB is too late of a discussion. There is a >90% chance we missed the boat developing him because he isn't an elite QB who will get it together no matter the circumstance.
    Inconsistency has plagued this team the 4 years under Rex even outside the QB position. It's terrible because you can never figure out what this team really is

#1181 displacedfan, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the idea that Rex would only coach this team with Sanchez as his QB, and thus would rather lose his job with Sanchez than make a QB change, is meritless and laughable.

Rex is sticking with Sanchez because he actually believes he is the best option. whether that is an indictment of the other QB's on the roster or Rex's delusion about Sanchez's ability is unknown.

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Wow I saw a poll on NFL Network, "Who deserves to be benched more?"

A. Mark Sanchez 89%
    B. Micheal Vick 11%

Damn, didn't know they were that many Tebow fans :eek:hmy:

4. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

No it's not -- it's true. It can be further qualified, but it's true.

If you want to further qualify the fact that Sanchez had 3 1000-yard receivers in their 20s, Dustin Keller, LaDainian Tomlinson, Shonn Greene, Brad Smith, a top 5 defense, and still had a worse passer rating than Blaine Gabbert in his second season, knock yourself out.

There's no amount of qualification in the world that can make the above acceptable. And of course he didn't have 3 consistent 1,000-yard receivers. Has any QB in the history of the NFL ever had three different, consistent 1000-yard receivers?

5. since83

since83 Member

Tom Brady would get the respect of his peers which in turn betters the team. It's funny how some of "us" fans act like we never played on a team where a teammate was just not cutting it. As fans it is so easy to take ourselves out of the picture. But ask yourself this. if he was YOUR quarterback and you had to watch him overthrow, underthrow, fumble, throw stupid picks how would you feel about him. See we have nothing of interest so it's easy to play with house money when trying to support this jellyfish (what we call those with no spine). But if you were part of that lockerroom you would feel different. Winners HATE losing and invoke the word "I" to describe their flaws and stand alone. Losers either want something back or invoke the word "we" to take people down with them. Just l;isten to this dudes pressers. He ALWAYS has excuses. I can't remember who said it last week or the week before but Sanchez has become a "Good Loser". Losing does not faze or get to him. he seems ok with it. Tom Brady would NEVER go for that. That is why Joe Bologna can come off the street and be a star at NE. You are expected to perform exceptionally. And Belichick will kick your ass out of town if you don't. Can't say the same for Rex, Fugazy tough guy!

6. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Please do tell... what is your understanding of football? Who are these football geniuses that are proclaiming Sanchez is an embarrassment to the game?

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, unless they start doing something different with Sanchez, they're turning him into David Carr slowly but inevitably.

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If David Carr was on the Jets he would be starting right now.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Adam Schein was the guy who called Sanchez a good loser.

The Ryan and Sanchez press conferences were both awful yesterday. Ryan was stunned by the team's poor performance and bragged about how great they practiced all week.

Sanchez went the "we" route when he should have repeatedly went with "I". He is supposed to be the team leader. When he sucks he needs to say it. Also, he said he is having fun out there. Wow! He's having fun out there while sucking and being bitchslapped by a divisional rival at home.

10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

One thing that bothered me about Sanchez yesterday:

Start of the 3rd quarter, we get a good punt return and decent field position. On the sidelines, rather than Sanchez looking a little excited, he has this 'come on' expression on his face.

Fucking kidding me? That's the kind of nonsense that people don't respect in a leader. He has no fire, he has no energy, he is lazy, and I haven't heard him once just say 'my fault'. And then we get these stupid little field good stories about him being in practice day in and day out. So the fuck what. Every QB should have the motivation to be first to enter and last to leave. He's not special.

He is a little boy playing in a man's position. Don't believe me? Watch ANY other QB this Sunday and tell me who else is a little boy.

11. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

He wasn't even that good in college. Who in their right mind thought he would have been good in the pros. He was only taken 5th overall because after Stafford, that draft class for QB's was horrific. Any other year Sanchez would have been a 3rd-4th round QB at best.

12. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I think Mel Kiper hyped him up too much, just like Jimmy Clausen.

13. Jett

Jett Member

has sanchez ever had a good season like Romo has in his career? no. didnt think so.

14. NewYorkEveryThing

Can this be a ploy??

Does rex really wanna start sanchez after this past week?? Sanchez has clearly given up on this team and is a mental wreck..If rex is gonna start tebow,Then why would he give seattle proper time to get ready for him?? He can say what he wants but I myself think it is a ploy and if sanchez starts at all. Then he gets a half maybe.. I believe in my mind that he did promise tebow a shot and willing to bet that tebow will be splitting reps with sanchez during the 2 week bye.. All I am saying is if anyone on this board thinks that he is gonna go down in flames with this guy sanchez..That your wrong and rex will not just throw the season away like that..

15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

I'm not a Tebow fan & was so pissed off Jets gave up a 4th rounder for him when it was obvious they lacked depth all over the roster. I'm ready to see Sanchez on the bench also. Considering how anti-Tebow I was & now I'd like to see him get a chance ... there's just no way you can say it's only Tebow fans driving up that poll.

16. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Sanchez Pump-Faking Habit

Is it me, or does Sanchez pump-fake before 75% of his passes? You think this is something the coaches want him to do, or is it just a bad habit? Not saying pump-faking is a always bad thing, but it seems he does it all the time.

17. Cman68

Scary isn't it...

18. Cman68

I don't want to start the Brees arguments here, but I'm wondering if Sanchez's height, or lack thereof, is affecting how he sees things develop downfield. Those endless pump fakes might be him resetting his throwing lane due to not seeing things in a timely manner. That he's forever getting stripped of the ball on hits also seems to point to smallish hands perhaps.

19. cxhannan

cxhannan New Member

Bottom line, at some point Sanchez has be held accountable. Is it all his fault, no, but we have been a "ground and pound" offense since he has been our starter for a reason. He is simply not capable of being an above average starting QB. He is no longer a rookie, this is his 4th year in the NFL, and still has not displayed any consistency. I am honestly rooting for the losses to start piling up to get an injection of talent in this years draft, and a reality check on our current talent by our management. I have no idea if our future starting QB is there, but I am 1000% confident that Sanchez cannot hack it in this league.

20. Cman68

I think you may be mistaken about Sanchez. He'll fair well in the right situation. That would be the one with an all pro OLine and Wr's to throw to and a offensive system that is not based on the WCO or the vaunted Ground and Pound (Which IMO, is a cop out for having a subpar QB starting for your team).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.