Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't know if young, equivalent Romo would. Romo now I think would get a 10-6/11-5 record but playoffs against a PIT defense, ehhh.

2. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

In 2010, Sanchez had 3 former 1000 yard receivers in their 20s (Santonio, Braylon, Cotchery), Dustin Keller, LaDainian Tomlinson, Shonn Greene, and Brad Smith. He had a defense that ranked 3rd in yards per game and 6th in points per game.

He had a passer rating of 75.3, which was 27th in the NFL.

Blaine Gabbert's passer rating this season is 78.0.

3. njjet

njjet Member

Jets need a new QB. They should take a good look at McElroy and O'Connell before years end. Tannenbaum should be given the boot. I'm not ready, YET, to say bye, bye Rex but it has crossed my mind. We have given away too many draft choices to move up in the draft. IMO it has not paid off.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Santonio played 12 games that year and was on pace for 994.67 yards if he played 16. Only had one previous 1000 yd season.

Braylon only had one previous 1000 yd season and went for 908 that year.

Cotch only had one previous yd season.

Let's put this in context. None of them were consistent 1000 yard receivers. They all did it once in their career, only Tone doing it the year before 2010, and never again after they left the Jets either.

Gabbert is one pace to throw for less yards, less touchdowns, less INT, less ypa, less ypg, less wins, and a very similar comp % unless you believe his stats take a huge jump after losing MJD.

So yeah I mean actually looking at the stats shows you that Gabbert is playing worse. He has 1 4th quarter game winning drive/comeback, Sanchez had 5.

We can go on and on, but if you want to look at one flawed statistic it doesn't tell the whole story.

Again, before everyone jumps down my throat, Sanchez is a bottom tier QB but he isn't the worse and every other QB on earth is not magicially better than him no matter how many times you try to say it

5. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

If the coaching staff refuses to put in Tebow, at least give McElroy a chance.

I just can't take any more Sancho.

Aaron Rodgers got off to a bad start (by his standards) this year and took responsibility for it. Sanchez can't even admit he sucked for 1 game. Instead he keeps saying things that go wrong are "unfortunate," as though they are complete accidents that happen to you that you have nothing to do with.

#1165 al_toon_88, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  6. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

7. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

This is how I feel about it at this point. I was a Sanchez supporter up until a few weeks ago because I thought having a new OC and a competent RT would give him a chance to bump his game up a couple of levels. It just doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

I can't watch this kid take another sack/fumble because he doesn't have the instincts to get rid of the ball in time or at least tuck it in and give the team a second chance. I mean, it's at the point where you can basically see it coming before it happens. I'm sick of it.

8. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

Heard it here first, Sanchez didn't have enough help because his three 1000 yard receivers had only had individual 1000 yard receiving seasons.

Apparently Sanchez needs three consistent 1000 yard receivers to make his offense go. So basically if he had better receiving options than any other QB in the NFL has ever had, he might be okay.

9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I was on the same boat. I felt that if he had a new OC he would change. It looks like there's no difference. The systems are different no matter how much anyone disagrees with Sparano's play calling. Sanchez can't hit the short throws and many times can't hit the long throws either. Horrible accuracy, staring down receivers, horrible under pressure (he was actually pretty good his first couple years), no internal clock, continuously fumbles when he gets hit.

#1169 LeonNYJ, Oct 29, 2012
  10. Bpk

Bpk New Member

The thing is, Sanchez is limited. He does tend to come up big at moments, but is inconsistent. Pennington was limited, but at least very consistent. HE never had Rex Ryan's defenses to help him though.

The worst thing you can do is pair a limited QB with a limited offensive scheme like Sparano's. If you can already do less, than you need a creative OC who will find more ways to do MORe with less. Sparano is the opposite... if he has less to work with, he simply attempts less and you end up with a severly limited offense that fits in a shoebox. It becomes predictable as hell. Sparano's system only works if you have a dominant interior run blocking line.

Part of why Tebow managed to do decently with the Broncos was that their OC did an unbelievable job of getting creative with maximizing what Tebow did well, and minimizing his deficiencies. That's the sort of OC who would make the most out of Sanchez.

I'd replace Sparano before I replaced Sanchez. BUT a young QB who is already not developing having his THIRD offensive co-ordinator and THIRD offensive system to learn could be insurmountable to Sanchez.

Hiring tony Sparano was not just a mistake, I believe it was fatal to Sanchez' career.

11. Matty

Matty New Member

Rex is hunkering down now, he's too self obsessed to be second guessed and pushed to make a change. It's about him in the end, not the Jets
    Tebow gives this team a new start potentially and Rex is just being stubborn, because, well it's Rex.

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Right now all 5 starting rookie QBs in the league are statistically out playing Mark Sanchez.

I know its just stats but still. Rookie QBs...

#1172 ouchy, Oct 29, 2012
  13. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Those who understand football and accept reality disagree. Sanchez is literally an embarrassment to the game of football, and putting him out there disgraceful performance after disgraceful performance is a disservice to every Jet player and every Jet fan.

I have to agree. I'm all for sticking with your guy and being loyal to a player, but when you do it to the detriment of the team, it becomes a coaching issue. It's becoming irrelevant whether Rex just doesn't see how terrible Sanchez is or whether it's misguided loyalty, the results are the same.

#1173 Frenbar, Oct 29, 2012
  14. Bpk

Bpk New Member

But is it possible to bench Sanchez without Tanny admitting he screwed up MASSIVELY, not only in drafting him, but in extending him? I think not.

And for Rex to appear he blew it massively, not developing him, or at least not saying "He isn't the guy" soon enough? Again, I think not.

Rex and Tanny go down with the ship if they bench Sanchez and Tebow does not work out.

Add to the mix, that Rex and Tanny have to be thinking "But we made it to two AFCCG's with the kid... so we know it's POSSIBLE"... that thought must tempt them that they can 'make it work'.

Honestly, I think they cannot separate from Sanchez now without betting their own jobs on whoever replaces him. They aren;t willing to bet their jobs on Tebow.

15. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Its funny how people still believe anything that comes out of that trolls mouth. He is probably laughing behind his keyboard about how many people are responding to his sarcasm.

16. mute

mute Well-Known Member

i'll just say this.

Sanchez is Rex's guy, period. They came started a new ERA together and if needed,they'll leave together.

Rex will NOT bench Sanchez to start Tebow unless Sanchez is injured.

As for Sanchez' play yesterday,yes, at times he sucked but again I can not and will not put all of the blame on him.

The talent throughout the years around him have diminished. You know the rest but to me it just doesn't make sense to take his head off in such a year where there is a new OC and once again, new matches on offense.

It is just weird and I agree that his biggest problem is that hes inconsistent. But that is due to the changes he is given...

I thought the team would continue from NE, you know, a game we should have won, but I was wrong.

You guys can continue to beat a dead horse. I'm down till the next game.

17. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Banned

Must say, I'm a HUGE fan of Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan. As long as they are leading the Jets, I never have to worry about them making another run to the superbowl.

18. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This

19. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Watching the game sunday to me looked exactly like the fins offense last year! For this to work you need a top notch RB.

20. TXJet

TXJet Banned

I agree this is not all his fault. I can't stand to watch him anymore this season. I think we should put in Tebow or McElroy and see if a change sparks this team. My problem with Sanchez more than his accuracy problems is he is not a leader in anyway. Tebow at least can lead this team and get the other guys to play hard for him. He can't throw, but neither can Sanchez anymore which is why I would go with McElroy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.