So how long do Rex and Tanny have

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Oct 28, 2012.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Everyone loved Mark though - Freeman was an after-thought. Well we need someone in here that can help develop an offense.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Freeman would have been eaten alive here probably. It was a weak QB draft class after Stafford who isn't looking too good this season

3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

The Team Quit On Rex After New England

Who is going to give it their all 100% every single play when you have a coach and OC who play NOT TO LOSE like they did in New England ?

I would have been pissed and discouraged after that game. It was worse than the 45-3 shellacking in 2010. It sucked the life out of the team, just as I feared (and posted as such on this Forum).

5-11 and a high draft pick looks probable.

4. displacedfan

According to posters on here, the team has quit probably 234235143254 times in the last 2 years and we only have played 24 games.

5. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

You could tell yesterday from the get-go.

I don't think the team quit against SF or Houston, just played bad.

They didn't want to play yesterday -- what for ? So Rex and Sparano could throw away a victory at the end like they did in NE ?

6. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

I do agree that the loss at New England did suck a lot of life outta this team the way it went down.

7. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Under Rex, this team "quits" / comes totally unprepared to play football, about 50% the time.

Two years ago, they unloaded on NE and had nothing left against Pittsburgh, getting physically dominated.

You could see this kind of effort coming from 1000 miles away.

8. Brian McFan

Brian McFan Member

The fact that Rex has said that Mark Sanchez gives the JETS the best chance to win, actually says it all. Either he's absolutely delusional or finally realizes his team is way worse than HE even thought...

Either way, we are screwed.

9. displacedfan

I wouldn't say they didn't want to play, otherwise you would have seen much more broken tackles, less scuffles, and nobody going over the middle of the field to catch passes. We got beat soundly in every single phase. We also don't sound like a team that quit, and by the way we talk, I think we'll know and hear if this team quits.

10. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

I think regardless of effort there are major problems with coaching and personnel. This looks like a 5 or 6 win team.

11. jetfan1987

jetfan1987 Banned

The team has quit on Rex.

There is ZERO talent on the offensive side of the ball, and very little defensively.

We're not winning more than five games this season.

SOJ, once again.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

It hurts to agree with this.

Rex coached two exciting playoffs, but his regular season coaching has been average at best. the team consistently comes out unprepared.

13. DanR

DanR Active Member

Rex defenders I have a question, what do you think Rex brings to the table besides blitzing schemes??? how has he improved this team over the years?

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Or maybe he just knows how shitty the QB's behind Sanchez really are. Sanchez blows. Tebow and McElroy are fucking worse.

15. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Tannen-bum: how much influence does Woody exert?

I've been calling for Tannen-bum's ouster for a long time, but now I am wondering whether it would even make a difference who the GM is.

I mean, is Woody (a la Jerry Jones) micromanaging and really calling shots behind the scenes?

When I saw in the papers that Mr. Johnson knew beforehand about the plan to run the fake punt play to Bellore and sort of questioned it, that kind of surprised me. I don't know. Maybe I'm naive and a guy like Bobby Kraft is that involved to that degree also, but I would think generally as a successful owner you hire your football guys and trust them to get it done?

The Tebow and Sanchez moves were Woody all the way. No GM in his right mind, of his own volition, would extend Sanchez unless he was job-suicidal or insane.

Tannen-bum is probably functioning as nothing more than Woody and Rex's errand boy / yes man. Which is a big reason why he's still around. I've suspected for a long time that Tannen-bum is a GM in name only.

The Revis and Mangold (and yes, Gholston) picks were signature Mangini, just like the Kyle Wilson, Coples and John Conner picks were made by Rex Ryan.

During the most recent post-draft press conference, whenever he was asked directly about a player, notice how "Mr. T" always deferred to Rex or Clinkscales to answer. Maybe if they asked him a question about salary cap management, he could provide something more than a cliche ("leaving no stone unturned", "always doing what's best for the team here..") or some ridiculous claim about the merits of Caleb Schlauderaff.

Tannenbaum might as well be a cardobard cutout of John Madden placed in the war room on draft day for laughs.

16. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I probably think the extension for Mark Sanchez was the worst move Tanny made, he didn't deserve it. Like Damien Woody said, it is rewarding mediocrity.

17. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, Sanchez does give the Jets the best chance to win.

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes that is what Fout's was saying that they did not seem to have urgency to them which is another way of saying the team & coaches quit on the game early in the 3rd period :sad:

19. Brian McFan

Brian McFan Member

Not sure how you can know that as a certainty without at least trying the other two.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sam Bradford, who actually was a franchise QB prospect, would likely be failing here also. The Jets just did a lousy job of trying to develop a young QB. That's the main take-away here. Whether you agree with any of the moves they made the facts are that generally speaking the moves were risky and short-sighted. Now we're past the short-term time frame that they occurred in and things are falling apart.

#120 Br4d, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012