Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

And Sanchez led the Jets to two AFC title games. What difference does either of those accomplishments make now?

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

For worse. We rebuild this upcoming draft. Restock the OL and add LB/S. Hopefully add a QB who can sit and learn. Maybe Tebow becomes better in the offseason? Then young QB waiting in the wings. There is no quick fix out there. If you bench Sanchez now, you probably don't see additional success from the backup QBs. Then you go into next season with two QBs you don't want to start based off last year. You draft a guy, probably reach too high and force him to start and he probably does bad. You try to sign a has been veteran, but then you also have to grab someone to fill his shoes when he leaves in 1-2 years.

We are stuck in the mediocre to average rut and there is no quick fix out

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Did you even read his post? How stupid are you?

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

This thread merge really fucks things up it makes posts look random as shit

5. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

Have you been watching the Jets these pass 3 years? Its not just this year its been Sanchez's entire career. The first year, he was a interception machine to the point where they had to put in a color coded system. For the second and third season, all I heard was weather he was regressing or improving and many think that he was holding back the team. How many poorly timed interceptions did we see from Sanchez THESE PASS 3 YEARS that cost us the game?

Sanchez was the one holding the Jets back those years. I'm not saying he didn't have some great games but even the worst QB has good games sometimes.

I'm not comparing him to Eli or Peyton but how many times have you see them give the WTF stare to his WR? At least multiple times a game. Drops and poorly run routes and pressure is part of the game... NO EXCUSES! If I had all the time in the world I can even complete a pass or two.

6. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

sanchez' are completely irrelevant

Tebow's is completely relevant.

What sanchez did, with a completely different team, 3 years ago doesnt mean much. especially when you have a much bigger much more recent sample with his current team. 6-10 the last seasons worth of games and 3-8 in the last 11 with horrific efficency.

Tebow as recently as last season, in nearly the identical situation, was able to breathe life back into the broncos. to not take a chance that the same could happen here is just irresponisble.

best case moving to tebow: he turns things around
    worst case moving to tebow: he sucks and we are as bad as we are now
    best case with sanchez: he sucks worse then he has already leading to a great pick
    worse case wit sanchez: he continues to suck at a similar level, we finish 7-9 and somehow is sitll the starter going into next season

7. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

This is a logic fail if I ever saw one. Let's use Tebow's small sample size and refuse to accept Mark's first years of success. Sounds a tad biased.

8. jerseyjay14

how is using the past 16 games of sanchez smaller or less relevant then using sanchez 16 game sample his rookie season with a very different team?

last 16 game sanchez has been awful and the jets have been awful. what sanchez did as a rookie has no bearing on that.

not to mention, that sanchez was pretty terrible that year. it was the defense and run game that lead us to a 9-7 record that season. sanchez barely threw that season, and when he did, he was a turnover machine

9. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Last year's Broncos are not a nearly identical situation to this year's Jets. Denver had two legitimate homerun threats who could stretch the defense in Decker and Thomas; the Jets have zero. Denver had multiple running backs with speed who could run the option game; the Jets have a hobbled McKnight and Shonn Greene (who doesn't appear capable of changing direction, much less running with Tebow.)

The only similarity between the 2011 Broncos and the 2012 Jets is that they're both thoroughly mediocre.

10. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Wow, super-merge.

11. jerseyjay14

broncos started out 2-5
    Jets are currently 3-5
    Denver had 6'3" 229lbs speedster Georgia Tech Rookie Demaryius Thomas.

Jets have have 6'4" 220lbs speedster georgia tech rookie Stephen hill

in 8 games hill has 197 yards and 3 touchdowns. through 8 games last year thomas had 38 yards and 1 touchdown. im not sure you can find a more similar player to have between the two. similar size, similar speed, same exact college system. hill even has seen more time and production early on in his rookie campaign.

mcgahee is no speedster. he really isnt much better then shonne greene. Lance ball is no better then powell or mcknight. its not like they had shady mccoy or jamal charles or arian foster in their backfield. they had solid backs, nothing more.

12. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Strong anecdotal evidence bro

Enough to publish scholarly journals on the topic

13. jerseyjay14

it was in response to "they are completely different". just pointing out how it wasnt the case. I'm not sure how one could legitmately argue we arent in a similar situation to denver last season at this point. almost the same record, struggling to move the ball, run, and defend for 4 quarters. similar skill players.

but hey strong post on your part

14. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

You are reducing everything to its most basic qualities and spouting off platitudes in order for the argument to stick.

"Almost" the same record. "Struggling to move the ball, run, and defend for 4 quarters." Hell that statement could apply to almost every team in the bottom half of the league.

If you want me to get specific:

Where is the Von Miller who could emerge to be a pass rushing demon for the jets?

Mcgahee is a MUCH better running back than Greene

The Jets have already lost their best D player for the year

I could go on. But as long as the situations are "basically" the same I will leave you to be content with your argument.

15. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Why are you guys hating on Sanchez? Sanchez led us to two AFC title games carrying the team on his back to get us there, he's had several 4th quarter comebacks as well. Sanchez performance right now is indicative of the leftover bad information he has in his head from his time with Schotty, and the fact that the front office has not given him the two or three number 1 caliber wide receivers, and number 1 caliber running back and tight end, and defense, and even OL that Sanchez needs to perform at an elite level like he did in the years he led us to 2 AFC title games.

I have to wonder where all of this Sanchez hate is coming from. Sanchez is our quarterback! You aren't a true Jet fan if you don't support Sanchez. If you don't support Sanchez you are probably racist against Mexicans, and that is where the criticism is coming from, because I don't see how someone could possibly find serious fault on Sanchez worthy enough for him to be benched. Does Mark have his flaws? Yes. Sometimes he misses receivers, sometimes his passes are tipped at the line of scrimmage, sometimes he throws interceptions and fumbles the ball, but this is part of the game! you have to accept the good with the bad, and the positives far exceed the negatives when it comes to Sanchez. Just look, Sanchez already has 10 TDs, two more and he would have tied his total from his first season, and the season is only half over! Mark cannot carry the team, when everyone around him is underperforming, so stop hating on him for this.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I don't think Mexican is a race. I think your confusing ethnic hatred for racism?

17. JVilma51

JVilma51 Member

Dude you are not a true Jet fan he DID NOT carry those teams the defense did. He just managed the games like Alex Smith. Do you even follow the team?

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

This statement invalidates anything you say.

19. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

tebow cannot repeat what happened in denver here. he's a gimmick qb that benefitted from running game and defense

we got neither of that here. our only hope is sanchez, like it or not haters. We need to do with sanchez what Cowboys let Romo do from time to time, let Sanchez call the plays at the line, draw it up in the mud, get outside of the pocket and just play street ball. He's a momentum palymaker, that's a great way to get his engine fired up

#1139 jets4lyfah, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  20. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

And you know this because...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.