So how long do Rex and Tanny have

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Oct 28, 2012.

1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I love how you guys throw shit around about bring in the guy or this guy. NEWS ALERT Cower or Gruden do not want to coach again, if they did they would be coaching right now. Plus I'm not a Sanchez fan but he did not lose this game. He has looked pretty good the last few weeks. Some of u if u knew anything about football would know,this. When Sanchez got time he was picking the Fins apart.

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Lets just fire everybody every 5 yrs and then we can all pretend to be surprised when the organization has zero consistency. the idiocy on display here is hilarious.

3. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

mmmmmm Sanchez has to go he is not the answer.

4. Combustible Rextible

You know, if a new GM comes in and cleans house, there is another Ryan on the Cowboys out there who could use a promotion. I could just see Woody rubbing his hands together on that one...

5. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

Word to the twentieth power.

Rex can only work with what he's given.

You got your best player out for the season.
    You got your only legit receiver with more than a year of experience out for the season.
    You got a mediocre QB standing behind a mediocre line, handing the ball off to mediocre backs (and I should mention the back that's looked the best of the mediocre group is also injured)
    You got 1 good line backer, 1 good corner, 1 good safety, and two good down linemen.. And that's your defense.
    You got like virtually all of your rookies starting in big roles because we're spread that thin.

If Rex could make this group a playoff team he'd deserve to get his HOF bust made tonight whilst getting his cock sucked in a Bentley.

It's just not possible dude.

The fact that he took a team QBd by a struggling rookie deep into the playoffs TWICE is enough to give him the decade, IMO.

6. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

Rumor around Philly is that if the Eagles miss the playoffs he's on the short list.

But if that happens, I wouldn't be opposed to Andy Reid.
    Just saying.

Plus that's cheap as fuck if you ask me, lol. If my brother got fired, and then they called me, I dont think I'd even consider it regardless of the offer. Its kinda like screwing the chick that just dumped your brother, its not cool. Not in any family.

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

He was picking them apart in garbage time. BIG difference. He and some no name receiver acted like they were all world pros in prevent defense.

Sanchez was instrumental in losing this game. Like he was most of the other games we lost...

8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

you have an idiot general manager, ditto personel director.

you can't coach what you don't have. sanchez was totally outplayed by matt moore! ( who got maybe 10% of snaps in practice).

simms and mcelroy are the only two qbs on the team that can throw a decent pass.

lack of talent/depth directly related to front office. both those clowns, plus sporano, cavanugh, and sutton need to go yesterday.

you sanchez apologists remind me of chad apologists. as the tuna once said, i go by what i see. and, sanchez is exactly what his record says. below average stats, still making bonehead plays, and can't throw a pass consistently that receivers can catch.

9. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Tannen-bum drafted Mark Sanchez. End of story. That should be enough reason to can him.

He also gave an undeserved offseason contract extension to the same QB we all know just plain sucks.

He also hired Tony Soprano after 1 day of interviews, ignoring the fact that Miami consistently had one of the most pathetic offenses in the NFL during his tenure there.

The draft day moves and picks are a matter of public record. This front office is always acting as though the team is "one player away" when in reality the cupboard is bare.

Rex should go back to coaching defenses.

Get me charley casserly and Jon gruden.

#89 al_toon_88, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  10. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

At some point...

...the Jets coaches and players need to just STFU and go out and coach and play.

The greats often don't have to thump their chest about what they are going to do, they just get it done and if they are doing to brag, they sure as hell back it up.

I LOVE MY JETS, I've been a fan almost 4 decades, but this lip service is getting old.

I get that you sometimes want to get in your opponents head, especially a division rival and I get that you want to play with confidence. But, at what point do you just shut it up and put all out on the field?

I cannot say that the Dolphins are necessarily a 'bad' team nor are they a very 'good' team. However, they used the Jets words as motivation to come out and put a whuppin on them and Sanchez and Co. are just not talented enough to cash the checks that Ryan and others write.

Ryan and Cro and others have got to learn the difference between being confident and being braggadocious blowhards who incense their rivals.

At this point who are they trying to convince, themsevles or other teams?

Fix what needs fixing and just be quiet. If someone else wants to bitch moan and talk sh*t, then so be it. You go out and handle your business. My father always taught me it's the one who says nothing that you need to be concerned with. The loud mouth is writing wolf tickets.

The clown thing is going to start to become a legitimate rap if this thing doesn't get turned around and immediatly.

I'm not saying that Ryan should ever be anything other than who he is, he just needs to tone it down a bit. He doesn't always have to go tit-for-tat with everyone and he sure as hell should reign in some of his more vocal players.

Just my honest opinion

11. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

The issue is we don't have the men in the trenches to back up the talk.

12. TheGreenCantona

that is just not true, on certain drives AND if he gets time he is picking teams apart.

Other drives it is just hard to understand what he is doing, with or without time.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Changes need to come. I'd fire Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan after the season.

I used to love Rex, but more and more I'm thinking he's not cut out to be a Head Coach. I'm starting to see why Baltimore, who have one of the best Front offices in the NFL and knew him more than anyone, opted for an unknown special teams coach, over Rex. A head coach needs to be on an even keel. He needs to be a calming influence. I'm not saying they need to have a dull personality, Parcells didn't, but they need to keep the team focused, grounded, and not too caught up in the rollercoaster ride of an NFL season.

Rex is too high when things are going well, and too low when things are bad. This rubs off on the players. I believe this is a major part of the reason the Jets have been inconsistent in Rex's era. His Dad was the same way, and those very talented Eagles teams played a lot like the Jets, too inconsistent.

14. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Why would Rex make the comment that this is the best team he has had since becoming HC?

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Guards and linebackers are where the trenches really come together. They're the glue that make everything else stick together. This season that's where the Jets are coming apart. If Demario Davis can play at a high level then things look better for the second half but the guards are going to be a mess I think.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Because he had to say something to fill up that space he was in and he's always very positive in his exaggerations.

17. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, their has been a number of injuries. Also we have played DeVito way too much over Coples. Coples is disruptive every time he is in the game.

We saw what this team was like in week 1 when everybody was healthy. The offense was scary good even if it was against the Bills.

18. TheGreenCantona

Rex has gone in to great details about his dinner with Sanchez that closed the deal. He is as liable for Sanchez as Tanny is, and endorsed teh pick. No GM will pick a QB without asking their HC.

It is just bs to talk about canning Schotty, Tanny and Sanchez etc etc but Rex.

He is no HC if he is not accountable for his QB and OC, DC etc. He has come out and said that Mark is his man, then he has to live or die by that,.

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

You are all mostly to young to remember RR dad. From watching the 2 of them I am amazed how it appears dad is cloned to his son. Buddy was a super DC just like RR is buuuuuuuuuuut when promoted to HC & with after tons & tons of bluster which in the end = NO RESULTS. Now on to RR EXACTLY the same as his dad all bluster with no results :sad:

20. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Should have traded up for RG3. It would have cost the Jets more coming up from 16, but swapping 1sts and giving up 2 future 1sts and a 2nd feels like a small price to pay for a superstar QB. More often than not, we just waste the picks anyway (Kyle Wilson, Dwayne Robertson, Mike Nugent, Gholston, etc.)

Or sat tight and taken Josh Freeman instead of Sancho.

With Andrew Luck (legit starting QB), the Colts have gone from winless to 4-3.

#100 al_toon_88, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012