Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakersmetsjets49ers

i'd be for rebuilding with rex on board as the coach for the process.

i think we can all agree it's going to be an interesting final 8 weeks one way or another.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Why don't you break that down with details? If you're capable?

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You said "Pennington in his worse game > Sanchez or Teblow in his best game". Nothing about supporting casts or what game or where the game was or anything else. Both games I picked were from seasons the Phins went 11-5 and the Jets went 11-5. The Dolphins played at home, the Jets on the road. The Pats were arguably better in 2010 than the Ravens in 2008. We can go on and on, but Sanchez's best game is not worse than Chad's worse.Sanchez bad, but he has had his great moments. Chad was good, but he has had his terrible moments. End of story

4. displacedfan

He will probably back track all the way to Chad is better than Sanchez when he started with Chad at his worst is better than Sanchez at his best.

5. FinFanAlex

FinFanAlex Banned

Not going to waste my time cause its a VERY EASY answer.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's not going to be interesting. It's going to be depressing. Every time Sanchez gets hit, hit throws are further off target. Then, in a last ditch hope, the Jets will bring in the worst throwing QB on any team's roster, Tebow.

Yay. We'll get a somewhat decent draft pink, and our terrible scouts will pick another QB that is not mentally fit for the job.

The owner is ultimately responsible. And they can't fire him.

7. displacedfan

I'm afraid of what you are writing because it seems realistic. We need to get lucky in a draft or get a good QB through it, something we just can't seem to do

8. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

On balance Pennington was a much more effective QB than Sanchez.
    He might not have had Sanchez's physical tools, but he made up for
    that with accuracy and intellect. Sadly, neither of them will get a team
    to the Super Bowl in today's NFL.

9. lakersmetsjets49ers

i agree, maybe im reaching but i don't see anyone in this draft class qb wise as a for sure thing the way people viewed rg3 and andrew luck going into the 2012 draft. i agree with your thinking on not throwing the next qb out there from day 1, looking back considering sanchez only played about 12 college games, i wish they woulda sat him and let him watch things first as opposed to throwing him out to the wolves from the jump. he started out decent in 09 but fell apart as the season progreesed. letting him watch the game woulda helped him somewhat imo. if they draft a qb i hope that if the offensive line if incompetent, the receivers are trash etc, that they don't throw him into that mess otherwise its going to be mark sanchez 2.0.

with all that said, it sucks sanchez wasn't able to be the guy at qb that he was expected to be. he just doesn't have it. i applaud him for doing the jets west camps and putting the effort in to improve on his part but its sad to say he just doesn't have it. i can respect his effort as opposed to a piece of shit like jamarcus russell or ryan leaf, a number 1 pick with a piss poor lazy attitude, minimal work ethic and a total prick.

for the final 8 games, i'd say 6 of them are winnable, at seattle and new england at home being the other 2, however this is the 2012 jets so im sure they'll find a way to lose a bunch of those games given what we've seen.

10. displacedfan

Completely agree. I was just forcing the original guy's hand because his original post was really really wrong.

11. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Every game is winnable for this team. They have decent talent. They're not consistent. Also, they're not drafting a new QB. It's just not happening.

12. displacedfan

I don't think we would be bad enough to get a RGIII or Luck if there was one.

Yeah Sanchez tried and clearly we didn't put him in the best position to win, but at the same time, he wasn't that elite talent that could adjust and make up for mistakes. He needed things to be right, but we couldn't make them right for him. Kind of like Alex Smith. You put him in the right place, he is good enough for you. You put in the wrong place, he isn't good enough to overcome that

13. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

You were right to do so, his original point was off base.

14. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

LOL I knew those pink flags and stuff were going to warp our minds some day!

15. TexNYJ

TexNYJ New Member

And you won't again for a very long time. This was a once in a generation QB draft class with two can't miss prospects. Look for a trade

16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Also, Sanchez can make a lot of throws that Pennington couldn't make. It's maddening watching this guy though. He has all the skills, shows flashes of brilliance and then shows flashes of bone-headedness. He's still very inconsistent. The Jets will draft some linebackers next year to solidify their D and then sign some free agents in the next season to make a run at the SB.

17. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Sanchez is a loser its been proven time and time again.

18. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

It doesn't seem to me that ANY NFL fans are patient enough to wait for a team to be rebuilt. There's this attitude of "Draft a new rookie QB like Luck, or Cam Newton, or RGIII", start them immediately and win a Superbowl. That wasn't how AARON RODGERS got to be a great QB. He waited behind Favre, learning and soaking up the NFL life.

Too many people think a new QB is the solution to all their problems, to the point that teams let their offensive and defensive players get old and saggy while they deal out draft picks trying to find the "next new QB". Build the rest of the team! Sure Sanchez had a few screwups this game (what QB wouldn't), but he definitely can't make something out of nothing when he has no protection and is getting sacked 5 bazillion times. Maybe Tebow could out-scramble those sacks, I don't know. But I definitely know that you can't neglect the rest of your team and expect to find a ready-made rookie QB to bail you out. How about using the QBs we already have and build around them?

#1018 JaxSuzy, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  19. lakersmetsjets49ers

I agree completely. Alot of fans in general tend to be unrealistic at times. I've seen some of the criticism cam newtons got this season with most of it unwarranted to me. He broke records last season, things haven't been the same this year and people label him as a bust. The jets are a severely flawed organization and that stems from woody and Tanny all the way down to the team. It's more then just Sanchez but at this point a change of scenery would benifit him and if the jets don't make the necessary improvements as a whole the new guy won't be a quick automatic fix

20. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

You definitely made a really great point on Aaron Rodgers. Imagine if Favre stayed for 1 more year, as well as drafting Sanchez in 2009 to have Favre mentor him to become the next starter. However, we have to face reality. Sanchez is definitely inconsistent, but he can have his good moments. I've accepted the fact that Sanchez is not an elite QB (since elite are dime in a dozen), but rather a game manager like Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, or to a small extent Alex Smith. As long as he is helping the team winning games, that's okay. If he's not, that's not good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.