So how long do Rex and Tanny have

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Oct 28, 2012.

1. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Dec 30th could be a day where both these guys get a thanks for the memories but hit the exit

Team is badly coached and lacking talent..... Rex is seemingly too much like his dad and Tanny made one bad deal too many

2. TimeSquareTim

TimeSquareTim Banned

blowhard rex needs to go ASAP!

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets are poorly coached. They don't have enough talent. They're on a downward slide at this point as a result of both of the above.

When a Mike Westhoff group plays as badly as the ST's played today that tells you the problem is way above his pay grade.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

How long do they have? What time is now?

5. skeleton_frames

Who knows, but does anyone have confidence in Woody putting any better management in place? I honestly don't.

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

So you are telling me we can blame multiple people for a problem? It doesn't fall all on one coach or player or gm? I wish more people realized this.

Good point.

7. Br4d

I think ultimately it comes down to one person.

If the Jets are supposed to be in the entertainment business why are they doing such a bad job of that right now?

8. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

i want to see rex coach for as long as he wants. he gave this team an identity and something to fight for. Tenenbaum needs to go but Rex stays and give him more GM duties

9. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Rex is a good defensive coach.

Tannenbaum is a joke. There is no defensive talent on this team outside of Landry, Revis, Cromartie, and Wilkerson. There are no offensive playmakers outside of Holmes.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Fire everyone, hire everyone else

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

They aren't doing a bad job in the entertainment business. They are probably the most talked about team in the NFL (Whether it is good media or bad media)

12. Br4d

Rex can't even get the defense to play consistently well this year. The head coaching is a joke, with multiple moments every game where the Jets can't even decide who should be on the field for a play. When Mangini did the milling around defense it was to confuse the opponents. The Jets mill around on the sidelines-field border because they're confused.

Seriously, at this point how can anybody defend the job Rex is doing as the head coach this season? None of the units are clicking at this point and more to the point the Jets look confused in just trying to get things setup on the field before the play.

This can't be on Tim Tebow. Yeah, he's here, but that doesn't mean he's the reason 80% of the snaps he takes start off in utter disarray.

13. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

If only we could dream something into reality.

We're stuck with a shitty team, lousy coach, horrific GM and an owner who is a pussy.

Woody won't make any changes.

14. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

To be honest, Rex's hot seat is not as hot as Norv Turner, Andy Reid and Ron Rivera seat is right now.

15. Br4d

Ok, in terms of entertaining Jets fans they're sucking.

I don't particularly care if the entertainment value is high for anybody but Jets fans.

16. Br4d

The Jets are 11-13 in their last season and a half. Rex's seat is plenty hot right now.

17. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Under 100 yards rushing, and under 200 yards passing. I will take that every week.

18. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Well, Rex pretty much inherited a good team that had everything except a good QB. They banked on Sanchez and their bet turned out to be a pretty bad one. Most of the talent he inherited is gone and most of their draft picks turned out to be pretty bad. The clock is ticking.... Although, I am afraid that Tanny will get a pass again. But both of them should go, IMO. This team should be gutted and totally overhauled.

19. Br4d

Well, so would I. Now, how many times this year has that happened?

20. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Rex deserves one more QB. Most coaches that show any kind of competency deserve to have at least 2 starting QB. As for Tanny, I'm not so sure. He's brought in talent under Mangini. Last season & this year's draft have some potential gems also. Problem is the big gap in between these two eras.