2012 Week 8 - Miami Dolphins at New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Ted

Ted Member

Keep in mind that Tannehill played his worst game that day and Bush was hurt before the half. Tannehill and the secondary are both playing a lot better and Reggie will be back. Also helps that we have the bye.

Typical low scoring Jets - Dolphins game decided by a FG.

2. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I feel like that the Dolphins will lose this game and finish the year 7-9. At least the Dolphins got better by addition by subtraction.

3. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

This game will challenge the mental side of this team.

Miami's coming in well rested with extra time to prepare and feeling slighted for the game they gave away three different times in Week 3 and we're coming off a devastating road victory. Do we come in feeling like no matter what we do it's just not working, or do we come in pissed off ready to shut Miami and some Jets fans up about that Week 3 game in frankly a must-win situation?

This game will not be a blowout on either side. It's going to be close. It always is with these two. Even during last years MNF 24-6 game, that was a close game for awhile.

I'm ready to lose my mind in the stands for three hours, hopefully at the end of the day celebrating with a soda instead of drowning my sorrows in a beer.

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The jets now can stop the running game before they could not. Rex makes rookie Qbs look bad and he will do that to Tannehill. This game is will look alot like the colts game defensively.

5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Maybe it was the Jets defense that caused him ti have a bad day?

6. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

The Patriots were not stuffed all day long and Indianapolis had no running game to speak of.

Stopping Reggie Bush will convince me that the run defense is "back".

Until then ...

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

No doubt they have played better I guess we will see. The only chance the Dolphins have of winning this game is RB having a big day.

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I think we take this one and go into the bye at 4-4 and still have a shot to make the wildcard spot.

I would say we could beat the Jags, Titans and Chargers for sure and would have a shot against the Bills, Rams and maybe Seahawks. Even the Cards have fallen off big time. Winning against the Pats at home is going to be the biggest challenge. I would say every one of our final 8 games are winnable, the Patriots at home being the toughest, obviously.

At this point it looks like a 9-7 record could get us in, especially with a good divisional record, if we can get it to 10-6 I think we get a wildcard spot for sure. So if we do beat the Dolphins then I think we can win 5 out of our last 8 maybe even 6 of 8 if we beat the Patriots.

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I gotta ask...
    With 16 games schedule in a tight close division, is there a game that is not a must-win? Ever?

10. finz_fury

finz_fury Banned

I know my opinion is biased but i'm confident the Fins come out ahead. They're fully rested and healed off a bye week with some confidence riding a 2 game win streak. Jets week is enough to get them fired up but they're still pissed about giving away the last game. I think Miami shows a much more balanced offense this time around with Revis out and Tannehill progressing so quickly. The Fins shut down the Jets run game last time and I don't see that changing. As long as they can pressure "Nacho" and somewhat contain Keller, I think this game is very winnable.

24-20 FINZ

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Tannehill has taken the field 6 times this season.
    He had one monster game against Arizona ... 26-41 431 yards. All the credit to him for that game.

Now look at the other FIVE games. The vast majority of the season:

Houston 20-36 219
    Oakland 18-30 200
    Jets 16-36 196
    Cincy 17-26 223
    Rams 21-29 185

Which one of those performances is supposed to jump off the page at me?

The kid has played OK. He hasn't been great. Just serviceable. And notice which team he had the hardest time completing passes against.

If we don't hand the game to them on a platter, I have no fear at all of him coming up here and leading the Dolphins to a victory. I'm very confident we'll shut him down again, force a few INTs and win the game comfortably this time.

Jets 24
    Dolphins 13

#91 truthbtold, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  12. cdz12250

cdz12250 Member

Dolphins 27-24 in overtime, and Philbin pumps his fist after the field goal to mock Sparano.

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

^To be fair, he fist pumps TDs too.

We have Keller this time around and our offense is like night and day when he's out. Keller is a phin killer, and he'll demonstrate that value again. As long as the Dolphins don't trade for Bowe, we should have this locked. Our run D has gotten better and our run blocking has improved. It's no give me, but we should win. Cromartie should be able to contain Hartline.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets will beat the Dolphins by two scores and half of Finheaven will make angry posts hoping that Rex dies of a heart attack. And then a couple of posters will die of heart attacks, because we all know WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

15. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Starting Garret Mcintyre, Jamal Westerman, Bryan Thomas and some other slow linebackers for two seasons will do that to you. Also, not starting Quentin Coples will do that to you. Hopefully, switching to Demario Davis and anybody buy Calvin Pace will help them.

16. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Sanchez also played terrible that game as well though and we still were able to pull out the win, and now we have Dustin Keller back for us.

Keller being back is so important for Mark Sanchez and this offense, he is a matchup nightmare for defenses. Our last 2 weeks we have run the ball a lot better as well. Sanchez does seem to be at his best throwing the ball when we can establish a running game.

17. FriendlyDolphin

The one where he lost his running back? Either way I find it funny a rookie has thrown more yards in 6 games than a 4th year QB IN 7 games. Can't even use WR core as a excuse since their is not much of a difference in talent even though sanchez still had holmes for 3 and half games.:breakdance: Tannehill has been playing good for what he's got and those stats against the blitz oh my

18. FriendlyDolphin

we will also have reggie back who was doing great that game and was on for a 100+ yard game but left to injury should be fun.

19. FriendlyDolphin

You act like colts and pats have good run d or a good rb like bush. Greene has been garbage against us and most of the season except fr the fule against and garbage run defensive team like the colts. And in bold letters that's hilarious as if the jets are good enough to have any team in "lock". Guess last game of last year was a lock too? No game is a lock in the NFL especially with that QB.

20. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

I met Miami Dolphins center, Mike Pouncey, at the resort I was staying at while I was in Jamaica over the weekend. I should've told him to let us win and to inadvertently tackle Reggie Bush.