These next 3 Games (Miami, Seattle, St. Louis)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Oct 22, 2012.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This is going to decide our season imo. Minimum we go 2-1, but honestly we got win all 3 and get into the Thanksgiving night game with 1st place up for grabs again.

The Patriots could falter over their next 3 games but im not counting on it. I swear we will smack the Pats around that night if everythings on the line.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets are better than Miami, Seattle and St. Louis, but winning 2 in a row on the road is not easy. Still, I expect the Jets to be playing New England at (6-4) come Thanksgiving night. Having 2 weeks to get healthy and prepare for Seattle should help.

3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Miami and Seattle have two of the best defenses in the league if we win these games Sanchez will have to play well.

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Seattle is a tough place to win on the road.

The Jets should take care of the Fins & Rams, but you never know.

5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

if our OLine collapses. all three teams are gonna destroy us. if we can get solid pass protection we win all three. Rusell Wilson is still a rookie, and I think our defense will really get to him. same goes for Bradford.

6. Clifton59

Clifton59 Banned

I can't see a sweep but 2-1 very possible

7. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

If we get to the Pats game at 5-5 it will be a miracle. Beating Miami and Rams should be doable but you can easily see a let down. Seattle is very tough. Unless Shawn Ellis throws a snowball at the QB.

8. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

We need at least 2 of 3 to have any serious shot at a playoff spot.

9. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

with 2 on the road and all 3 teams being similarly talented i cant count any as a gimmie win. not looking past miami... they are very capable of beating us at home

10. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

If they have any shot of doing anything this year, they will be 6-4 entering that game.

11. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

That crowd makes a huge difference Jets go from potential favorites at home vs SEA to definite underdogs away @ SEA.

Miami D is above average and probably inside the top 10 but definitely outside the top 5

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

6-4 would set us up nicely for a shot at the division if we beat NE, but 5-5 doesn't put us out of a WC spot either. The AFC is wide open this year.

13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Beating Miami this week is so important. The team really can't look past this game.
    We need to get back to .500 this week.

Miami D is very decent unit. We haven't swept them under Ryan.
    All that said, our defense needs to give the rookie QB some fits, and the team (especially Sanchez) needs to protect the football and win the turnover battle.
    If they do those 2 things, i think they win.

Beating Seattle and their D on the road will be very tough.
    Having the bye week to prepare and get cross country is good timing tho.

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I don't expect a 3-0

2-1 most likely.

Win against Miami and split against Seahawks and Rams.

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I think the wins we MUST get are at Seattle and Miami. Miami for divisional reasons, and the Seahawks in case we need a tiebreaker over the Patriots (assuming we beat them).

16. Jiggystoon

Jiggystoon New Member

Think we will account for the Dolphins at home, think we can get the job done in St Louis as well in a tight one, cant see us beating Seattle at Seattle though, so im going to say 2-1 over the next 3 which would have us at 5-5, just looking at the standings, it has been such an even season so far, everyone looks a chance of beating anyone

17. BJXX

BJXX New Member

2-1 is optimistic. The Rams in St. Louis (they're 3-1 at home) will be very tough, but Miami and St. Louis are our best opportunities.

I'd love to be wrong, but I just can't see how we beat the Seahawks. The most points they've given up is 24 v the Pats, and the average v Pats/Packers/Niners was only 16 points. The Seahawks will be fighting hard for a wildcard, maybe the division, and they are a feisty bunch.

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Seattle at there place is the only game im really worried about, that place is crazy to play at and Pete Caroll Sanchez old coach knows Sanchez's weakness's better then anybody

19. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

You think Miami's defense is really that good? Not saying you're wrong, but I heard somebody on ESPN radio say that the other day. I think it was one of the Mikes. That made me do a double take. I only ever see the Fins play the Jets, but I never thought their D was anything special.

Other than Dansby and maybe Wake, what makes them any good? ( Not trying to be a sarcastic internet douche, serious question)

20. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

I think we can go 2-1 and 3-0 if the team comes together. we have the talent to beat any of those 3 teams. the only one that scare me is Seahawks cause that place is a zoo