Attention Denver Broncos Front Office

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Bill Belichdouche, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Slap

Slap New Member

My only real complaint about his religious stance is that he aligns himself with disgusting bigots like Focus on the Family.

There are so-called Bronco fans who would still rather have Tebow in Denver instead of Manning. I know that level of delusion seems unbelievable, but it's true. Pat Robertson is far from the only Christian rooting for Manning to get injured.

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Peyton Manning on his Christian faith. ("the Lord is more important than football")

[YOUTUBE]QFgRF82GXCM[/YOUTUBE]

3. Slap

Slap New Member

That's great. Peyton's a very nice man who does many wonderful things for people. It's too bad so many Christian (and non-Christian) Tebow fans were rooting for his neck to explode during the Pittsburgh game in week one.

BTW, you're unbelievably stupid. I mean, even by Cowboy fan standards.

4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I am only showing you that your QB is a holy roller bud.
    Setting aside the sexual harassment settlement against him while at Tennessee, I am sure he is a sweet guy.

Oh and...

Definition:
    stu·pid (stpd, sty-)
    adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
    1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
    2. Hating on a player so much one must sign up at another team's forum and troll the boards.
    3. Slap

#124 CowboysFan, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  5. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

I know... I see them every day. Many try to argue that the 18 million could have gone for three or four stud players.

No it woudln't have. Resigning Bunkley would have taken a portion. People wanted Mario Williams, though he ended up signing for more guaranteed money than Manning did. People wanted CB Carr, but he would have gobbled up half or more of Manning's contract...and it wouldn't have done much good because the linebacking and D-line is still mediocre and nobody can cover receivers for 8 seconds on every play. They also think we could have spent the money on a top WR... but I'm wondering how many would have signed knowing few balls would be thrown their way. That is why I believe Eddie Royal left... that happened before Manning was in the picture.

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Royal is very talented, but a poor route runner. He was partly responsible for Rivers' interceptions the other night. You're better off without him, though Lloyd left for the reasons you stated and I think he would have been money with Manning.

But Tebow threw a lot of good passes to both of those guys.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The best thing about Peyton is you know nothing about his personal life if you don't try. Brady, Sanchez, even Cutler and Eli get reported often. Peyton, no idea. Then he went on SNL and absolutely destroys it. One of my favorite players ever.

I love all the Manning commercials on TV

8. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Any proof of this or did you just assume it?

9. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Be happy to put my knowledge of history, philosophy, physics, evolution and theology to the test any time.

Actually, I have. Even took home a few bucks on Jeopardy awhile back. :wink:

#129 catsigater, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Yes Tebow was almost the end of your franchise. You are correct.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:lol: What a fail of a thread.

12. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

If I had to guess, I'd say the harshest and most verbally aggressive critics of TT have an axe to grind with Tebows religion. Two of them have already mentioned on this forum that TT associates himself with "bigoted hate groups." The only types I've heard that from are the militant homosexuals and their supporters . The racial minorities never bring that up the hate group accusation against Focus on the Family. God, religion, morality and politics are heated issues. That's enough to motivate certain people to work internet message boards (literally all day long) to discredit a football player that isn't even on their team anymore.

13. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Slap, I don't understand why you and Phaytal do not get warned by the mods or banned from this forum. You are clearly trolls on this board, and your insults get very personal which is something the Mods usually do not like. I will respond to your post above, and will not tell you whether I am pro-choice or pro-life because it's none of your business. Focus on the Family is not a hate group. People who believe in "right to life" are not hate groups unless they are the extremists who bomb abortion clinics. I have friends who are Pro-Choice and friends who are Pro-Life. None of them are nutcases or members of a hate group. Just because somebody disagrees with your beliefs does not mean they are members of a hate group. In America, which is where I live, freedom of religion means citizens are free to worship any way they please or not worship at all. I think you belong to a frothing at the mouth hate group that hates Tebow. And I hope the Mods ban your butt for the insulting personal attacks you've made to people in this thread and on this board who do not share your beliefs.

14. phaytal

phaytal New Member

If you are denying that a large contingent of Tebow fans wanted to Manning to go down with a career ending neck injury, then you new nick name is Stevie Wonder.

15. catsigater

catsigater New Member

In other words, you have nothing to back up your b.s. because there is no large contingent of Tebow fans who want Manning to go down with a serious injury.

That's even more stupid than saying Fox wanted Tebow to fail.

If you'd said a large contingent hoped the Broncos would be less successful this year than last and that Peyton Manning would look like he wasn't worth the risk (which isn't the case), then no one would have much of an argument.

As usual, your blind hatred compels you to jump the shark and display the same irrationality you attribute to Tebow's fans by making ridiculous generalizations you have no way of substantiating.

To paraphrase Bertrand Russell: If someone asks me why I don't believe phaytal, I'd give them two words.. "No Evidence!"

#135 catsigater, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  16. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

i second that emotion

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

The whole argument that Tim Tebow aligns himself with hate groups, therefore he is bad person is ridiculous. From what I gather about Tebow, he is pro life, pro opposite sex marriage, and pro abstinence, which are part of the Focus on the Family's agenda. I never heard him say anything negative about gays.

I listen to rap music, which has strong anti-gay/homophobic undertones. There are heavy references to crime, to include drug dealing, extortion, murder, killing cops, etc... Does that make me 100% aligned with every rapper out there? I like the movie Scarface, does that mean I think people should emulate the main character? Does accepting a part of something automatically mean I accept the whole?

The argument is ridiculous and presumptuous.

#137 Backup QB, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  18. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I know what you mean. But Tebow doesn't have to say anything about the issue. Tebow's harshest critics tends to be very driven and motivated. Tebow is so polarizing socially that critics come out from political and anti-religious sides. I've never seen that before in an athlete.

19. GB#15

GB#15 New Member

I don't understand why people come to a TEBOW thread and start fighting over EVERYTHING? TEBOW IS AWESOME! That pretty much sums it up! :). GO JETS!

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Tebow is a very polarizing figure.

He'd be less polarizing if he was a better player or a quieter one. It's the combination of talent level and being outspoken that drives the debates and a lot of the hate.