Stephen Hill

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by unk0wn, Oct 16, 2012.

1. unk0wn

unk0wn Member

Anyone notice how amped up he seemed on Sunday? He looked like he really wanted to show something out there.

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I would hope so. if he can work on his hands, he will be an elite receiver in a few years.

3. TXJet

TXJet Banned

The best thing to ever happen to this team is when Holmes was hurt and Edwards wasn't re-signed. These guys are going to get a ton of reps and experience this year and we could have a very good group of young, humble WR's. That's the type of WR's Sanchez should be and needs to be throwing to.

4. TheGreenCantona

5. mec693

mec693 New Member

this guy has to much potential along with coples.. i think the jets really struck gold in this draft

6. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Exactly. He's big, fast, and very physical.

If he gets better at catching the football and route running, he's gonna be a beast. Sky's the limit.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Didn't he graduate from the same program the produced MegaTron?

8. WillBBC

WillBBC Member

Yes, yes indeed. I'd take 60% of MegaTron and call it a win.

9. MURDR

MURDR Banned

Yup, really liked the kid. Never honestly heard of him until we drafted him, but he's been my avi (and favorite player) ever since I heard his first interview.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

That's really irrelevant though. Megatron played under a different offensive coordinator who passed way more and put up much more impressive stats. The OC that Hill played under and was recruited for ran a triple option offense and rarely passed.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It looks like he and Sanchez have pretty good chemistry already. Hopefully he can stay in the lineup.

12. NFL

NFL Active Member

I really like our WR set right now. Obviously we don't have an elite set but their all young and have the potential. Really become a big fan of Hill right when he was drafted and started the J-E-T-S chant.

13. smelly_joe

smelly_joe New Member

love this kid, he's like a white wes welker

14. Their was never anything wrong w/ the Jets WR corps except for being young & inexperienced.Say what you will about the depth but guys like Turner & Gaines are not much different than #4 and #5's across the league. Jets intent was to rebuild the entire unit after looking old & slow at the position last season & the revolving door we've seen since 2009.

They brought in Sanjay Lal to develop the same kind of corps he built in Oakland. Speed/size & downfield ability. Hill is a big part of that plan. He has exceptionally rare size/speed. He also runs very good routes for a rookie. He just needs to improve his hands & get more gameday experience.

15. AlToonFanClub

AlToonFanClub New Member

Can they send him down the field this week?

16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I like him a lot. I want to see him become better in the redzone. We saw a bit of that on sunday. It'd be nice if he could be what Plaxico is in the red zone plus have the ability and the ability to stretch the field. I realize the ground game was able to carry the O completely but I was hoping to see a couple more go routes by Hill or even Schillenz.

17. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I'm hopeful that he can be Plaxico Burress in the Red Zone and Randy Moss on the deep ball. In addition to the obvious work needed on his hands I'd like to see him develop into a stronger, more physical receiver

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Hill's attitude is everything anyone could ask for in a WR. Loves to block and make any kind of play he can for the team. If he can get better at catchign the ball with his hands and not his body so often we have a very good player moving forward. I hope we can wrap up both he and Kerley long term.

19. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Once Hill learns how to run routes properly (specifically, using his huge frame to get separation from smaller defensive backs,) he's going to be very hard to defend. Physically, he's a beast.

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Jury's obviously still out but I think this kids gonna be a BIG TIME WR in this league.