Mark Sanchez sucks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TNJet, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Velocityvirus

Velocityvirus New Member

Talent evaluation is not an exact science. The Jets thought that Mark Sanchez had all the tools to be a franchise QB and that is now exploding in their faces.

The fact of the matter is that if you have an opportunity to sign a Peyton Manning, you do so. Ask the 49ers...hell, ask the Jets.

2. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Because John Elway made the decision, and like all "conventional" quarterbacks, they look down upon quarterbacks that don't fit their image.

I'm not saying Tebow would be a great or even good quarterback. I'm saying that Mark Sanchez is total dog shit, and the guy who makes my sandwiches at Subway could play better then him, let alone Tim Tebow. It's time to take out the trash and let someone else play and give the Jets a chance to win.

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

How is that big pickup working for Denver?

4. Wolf Brother

Wolf Brother Banned

The only reason the score was close against the Texans is because they had little respect or regard for the Jets. It was a scrimmage for them. The Jets played like a D-League team rather than a professional football team. Mark Sanchez is just not a leader. And that's the most damning component of his play. He may throw a pretty pass in practice against air or in seven on seven drills, but in-game he's just a vanilla player and extremely predictable. The turnover in the redzone was soul-crushing.

USC players tend to be overrated. USC has all the top talent and play lesser foes and so the individual performance of quarterbacks is overrated. Mark Sanchez was an overrated player. That cannot be questioned at this point if you breakdown his stats: He does not play like a top ten first round selection! After 5 years the tape doesn't lie: He's slightly below average and has a tendency to telegraph throws and turn the ball over.

Basically, each day the Jets stick with him is another player lost in the lockerroom. The Jets have NFL caliber players. Right now, they look like a D-League team.

5. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

You know this is completely absurd, right?

When the Alabama Crimson Tide has little respect of regard for an opponent, they beat that team 52-0.

Schaub didn't complete only 50% of his passes because he was toying with us.

The defense held an elite offense to 23 points which isn't great, but is good enough to win when the special teams spots the offense 7 points. We lost because the offense couldn't manage 17 points against a very good defense.

Not much more or less to it.

Denver has the #3 scoring offense in the AFC. Peyton Manning is on 4822 yard passing pace with a 101 rating and pretty much skipped right by the rust phase. The Denver offense has the #3 third down conversion rate in the NFL.

The Jets have the #12 scoring offense in the AFC without removing the defensive and special teams TDs. Mark Sanchez is on a 3337 yard passing pace with a 66.6 rating. The New York offense has the #18 third down conversion rate in the NFL.

6. Wolf Brother

Wolf Brother Banned

The Jets offense looked like a D-League team. Playing a CB at wide receiver. A Back-up QB at Punt Protector. Going for it on 4th down because you have no hope of winning without gambling on your side of the field. Onside kick. All that to achieve a moral victory. Its like scoring a TD in garbage time because it makes the score look closer and looks better on the old resume. All of that instead of playing straight-up football.

The Texans looked like at team that had little respect or regard for the Jets. That's my opinion. When I watched the game, that's what it looked like to me. They knew that the only chance the Jets had was by throwing all caution to the wind. Teams that do that, seldom win.

7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Without a doubt, the Jets offense is pitiful. Sanchez looks like a scared little kid in the pocket, is completely inaccurate, turns the ball over in the red zone repeatedly and we have zero running game right now. Not gonna win many games with that combo.

8. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

That's why Belichick and Parcells are infamous 4th down gamblers. That's why the Steelers were notorious for their gadget plays.

Who cares where people line up. Legitimacy is measured by wins, nothing else.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The dumbest thing we could have done would have been to sign Peyton, have him eat up cap space and not win as much in january as we have w/ Mark.

Den did it b/c they didn't have a QB, we do. We have won that we know we can win w/. Peyton at his peak w/ top 5 talent around him barely won a SB, he's far from his peak and would have had little taltent around him here. It would have made absolutely no sense which is why we never pursued it.

10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

you are what your record says you are 2-3 just like us but with a better qb. imagine how good we could be with Tebow if he won with that bunch Denver has now.

11. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

IMO sanchez has until halftime of the colts game. if he is shitting the bed i go tebow second half

12. jerseyjay14

what success? even the first 2 years when we were winning he was terrible in the regular season. like bottom 5 or 10 terrible. last year he was a bit better, but still not good.

why keep around a guy who NEEDS good players around him to succeed. we need to find someone who makes the guys around him better.

13. jerseyjay14

and that garbage cast isnt going to change much for the rest of the season. so why stick with him? our other 2 guys deserve a shot to not suck as bad as mark has

14. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Are Jets wavering on Sanchez? Woody Johnson to CNBC: "No." Will they never bench Sanchez for Tebow? Woody: "Never is a long time period"

15. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Woody Johnson on Mark Sanchez: "We think he’s that good…. He really is that good. I wouldn’t look at the numbers too seriously." #nyj

16. dvda31

dvda31 New Member

how many passes hit the receivers in the hands and were dropped or, late in the game, intercepted? These receivers all blow. Greene is a joke. Cromartie might just be the best receiver on the goddamn team. He sure as hell is the fastest and blew by the DB Monday.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I wish Woody Johnson would shut the fuck up

18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Yeah if he only had a QB who could throw him the damn ball.

19. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Sanchez is becoming the type of Quarter back that needs everything just right . Good running game , Next to perfect protection and a defense that can bail his ass out. He still hasnt shown the ability to own and shape the game simply with his skills. Im not sure he ever will!

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Not that I think Woody Johnson's opinion on a football player is worth a shit, but wtf does that even mean?