Mark Sanchez sucks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TNJet, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

Who else is better that is available, I should have said. Show me the option. I guess it's either Tim or Greg.

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

He can't be any worse than Sanchez has been through 5 games. There's no downside to starting to Tebow.

We are not going anywhere this year anyway so we need to see if Tebow is the long term answer or not. This roster is going to be ripped apart after this season as well.

We have seen Sanchez and he is clearly not the answer. The verdict on Tebow is still out...

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Tim is a winner, he needs to be given a shot to start since this team isn't going anywhere this year.

4. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

But ultimately, I root for the jersey. I don't want Sanchez to fail because he wears the Jets jersey. If he can't cut it, whoever can has to do it as long as they have the Jets decal on. But I'm still holding out the sliver of hope that things will improve soon. Call me a Sunshiner.

5. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

shouting doesnt make your right. you have nothing to support your point. especially now that sanchez completion percentage is as low as tebow;s was...which was the only stat anti-tebow had supporting their cause.

tebow is not only a better option, he is more suited for our situation. he doesnt require a great line or great targets because of his unique skillset. he has also shown he can dramatically improve a run game and a defense(by increasing time of possession offesnively)

sanchez isnt getting it done. period. even if tebow were a worse option, you would be crazy not to at least give him a shot, given we have no chance to go anywhere with sanchez

6. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

your right, they should have pulled him prior to the SF game. too late now, but they shouldnt compound the problem by letting him lose a somewhat winnable game to indy

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Haha. I know who that comment was aimed at. :rofl:

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You don't play Sanchez against the most difficult part of the schedule (3 of the top 5 defenses in the past 4 weeks) with a bunch of backup guys at WR & TE while learning a new system and then pull him and let Tebow play against the weaker defenses as the starting TE and WR start to return. You have to give Sanchez a chance against the weaker defenses with some more familiar targets.

Unless the plan all along was to play Tebow you have to let Sanchez try to right the ship now that the waters are getting less dangerous.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Also, the Jets can still likely go 4-4. If they do that in spite of Sanchez, then you have a bye week to establish the replacement QB for the switch! Which would be a lot better than throwing the replacement QB in the fire against two divisional opponents.

If Sanchez plays better (nothing points to do this happening), then you keep him after the bye and let everyone rest up. If he continues to perform poorly, we have the bye week to switch and personalize the offense for Tebow/McElroy/QB off the street

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm very skeptical at this point as to whether Sanchez is going to get better and be the answer. I don't think it makes any sense to throw in the towel on him after that span of games though especially when, in my mind, he showed tremendous improvement yesterday over the previous 3 weeks. The numbers look bad, but he absolutely played better.

If he keeps playing like a dickhead, then yea, it's probably time to look to the future. But Tebow sure as shit isn't that. And McElroy's weak ass arm almost certainly isn't going to cut it in this league.

I guess Tebow sells tickets. :mad:

11. displacedfan

Yeah that's why I said there are no signs of Sanchez getting better. He clearly won't be an elite QB, but I think we knew that after season 3. He's a gunslinger forced into a game manager and he couldn't switch himself into what the team needed. I'm pessimistic like you and don't think McElroy and Tebow won't help us win. Then that's a QB we either extended and drafted or extended and trade for thrown out the door. And I mean, we could draft the QB of the future next year, but if we act stupid and don't give him weapons we always be a middling team

And yeah, we played some top defense and he looked bad. So did Aaron Rodgers against top defense, except he has the whole Aaron Rodgers thing to fall back on. Sanchez has mediocre peroformances to fall back on.

12. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Yeah ok. Keep riding that philosophy.

And your whole, "Tebow is and has been a better QB than Sanchez" is laughable. It is ok to judge Mark on 5 games this season, against top of the top defenses with little to no help, disregarding his first two seasons, playoff performances, etc. It is completely ok. Good call. This situation, where the offense is in shambles, no running game has been established, is the best deciding factor of who Sanchez is as a QB - not anything he has done previously.

I hope they put Tebow in so that all of you homers will find some other patch work qb to ride, once he shows us all how much of a "better" QB he is than the one currently starting for this embarrassing franchise. This franchise that has found it acceptable to field the product that they currently are - Kerley is our #1 WR, Greene our #1 RB, and Cumberland our TE. Put in Tebow at QB and that lineup only gets more deadly. Game over to anyone who faces us.

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Best Post of the Day!

14. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

What the fuck are we going to do when the season's over? Trade Sanchez or just cut him? If we don't have the answer already sitting on this team, then who do we look to? A draftee? A free agent?

15. displacedfan

Probably won't find a trade partner unless he magically improves. But if he magically improves we keep him.

I don't think we have an elite QB on our team. We draft one and build up the rest of the team. Let Sanchez start and let the new QB learn on the bench. Eventually bring the new guy in, probably at the bye week, and go from there

16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Great point, even if Tebow get's us 21 pts avg, the rest time will help the D from being so winded. We start out great and then we are done by the end of 3rd Quarter on defense.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Neither, he is owed way too fucking much money...just one more in a long list of asshole decisions by Tannenbaum.

18. SackAttack

SackAttack Member

Sanchez flaws

I've been saying this for a long time. Sanchez needs to fix the following issues.

1) Too many tipped balls is due to him staring down his receiver. Also throws with no touch or arch. It seems like he pushes the ball instead of flicking it.

2) Lack of pocket awareness, he should shuffle to the left or right and not always climb the ladder when pressure is coming.

3) His big forward step before throwing the ball telegraphs the direction of his passes to the defender. His release is not all that bad at .37 of a second but his body motion before cocking his arm gives the defenders time to jump the route.

4) No touch on his throws. Always trys to drill the ball like a bullet when he can loft it with some air underneath and lead his receivers. No sense of timing either.

#638 SackAttack, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  19. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Dustin Keller is back next week. He should have one last (and I mean last) opportunity to produce a respectable game with both Keller and Hill back.

If he doesn't produce with that; there would truly be no excuse for Sanchez.

20. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Genius. Play Tebow against the easier defenses. Make him actually look good. Fuck that. Sanchez >> Tebow