Mark Sanchez sucks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TNJet, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

All of the above.

2. Organized Chaos

Id take Cam over Sanchez in a second. Id even send a pick or two with him.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Me too but you know Carolina won't deal him.

However Newton falls under the "Pouting" category that you don't like out of a QB as he's been called out for sulking by a teammate already in September.

And Steve Smith was doing good things long before Newton came around. Rivers shit weapons include Antonio Gates, a WR whose always had potential in Floyd and a weapon Brees enjoyed in Meachem. Meachem would easily be our No.1 in New York if we had him.

4. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

He's better than Gabbert based on what? Certainly not facts. And no, Gabbert is nowhere near Newton's equal even while Newton stinks it up this year. Again, facts.

Sanchez is 33rd in completion percentage and 31st in passer rating. He's thrown 6 TDs and 6 INTs. Gabbert is 30th in completion percentage and 29th in passer rating. He's thrown 6 TDs and 3 INTs. Newton is 23rd in completion percentage and 20th in passer rating. He's thrown 4 TDs and 5 INTs, and ran for another 3 TDs and 200 yards.

Unfortunately, in your Sanchez defending frenzy, I think you're missing the point. Gabbert is absolutely atrocious. Sanchez is in that same discussion.

5. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

Steve Smith had 550 receiving yards the year before Cam Newton was drafted, and the Panthers ranked dead last in both points per game and yards per game.

6. BakerMaker

The entire team was garbage. Clausen was thrown in an awful spot, the O-Line was in shambles and the team was so bad it got the 1st pick in the draft.

Steve Smith was just fine under Delhomme.

7. Organized Chaos

Thats the point. Kerley or keller might be awesome with a real QB

8. BakerMaker

Gabbert has yet to play in 16 full games....Sanchez whether you like it or not has produced in the playoffs and has accounted for more wins and has had much more better games in his career.

Its absolutely silly to say a guy with what 10 career starts is better than someone? That's absolutely premature to say.

We saw with the 2 game wonder in Russell Wilson and that now in Seattle people want Flynn to start over him.

Completion Percentage I already said my piece on......and 3 of his INTs this season were not on him.

9. BakerMaker

Newton was ridiculous with his feet and teams didn't have any tape on him unlike this year where so far teams have adjusted to him.

Geno Smith won't be like Newton, hell there's no QB maybe outside of RG3 who plays like Newton. We're not gonna find that.

10. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

Do you seriously not see that you're proving my point?

Want to see what happened when Sanchez got a shiny toy? Santonio had 3800 yards receiving in four seasons in Pittsburgh. The year before we got him, he had 1250 yards receiving.

In 2010, he set his career low for receiving yards and yards per catch. In 2011, he set his career low for receiving yards and yards per catch. No, that's not a typo.

11. Organized Chaos

Meachem would not be#1 over holmes. He might be #1 now since we sisnt find a legit 2 in the offseason. How much Gates did Rivers have last year? How was his foot?

The fact is good QBs make WRs look good. Sanchez is not good at this point. If he doesnt turn it around this year he has to go/be benched. The schedule gets softer from here on out. Sanchez needs to get better.

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

No way you bench Sanchez after tonight. You can't, but I want to see more Tebow on the field with Sanchez. Base package, this guy draws attention.

13. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

A) Is it better or worse that a guy with less than a full season of NFL starts is playing better than Sanchez?

B) You're missing the point. I don't care if Gabbert is actually better than Sanchez or not. He's played better thus far this year, but he's horrible, too. You could either argue that Sanchez has proven more so he's really better, or Gabbert is still developing so he's really better. I don't really care. They both suck. Bad is bad.

14. BakerMaker

2010 he was suspended for the 1st 4 games....not because of Sanchez but because of pot. 2011 Holmes was pretty dreadful....nevermind him quitting vs Miami but he with Mason and Plax led a mutiny to attack the O-Line and Sanchez and he also had his own fair share of drops and poorly time routes.

Schottenheimer as we all know was an atrocious OC and terribly misused a very nice 3 piece tandem in Cotch/Edwards/Holmes. Sanchez was shaky that season I agree but he was then a 2nd year QB still learning.

Sanchez to me on the field has taken strides from his 1st and 2nd year and 3rd year.....but he has absolutely nothing to work with so as a result he tries to do too much and it ends up as an incompletion. And when Sanchez does do something right, a drop ball occurs or we are put in a bad hole because of a mistimed wildcat or 1-2 poor runs by our awful running backs.

15. Organized Chaos

Teams adjusted to cam by week 5 last year, go look at his passing stats.

Tebow plays like newton but cant throw nearly as well. RG3 reminds me of a much better version of Vick.

16. Organized Chaos

Year 1 to year 2 was much better. Year 3 was an improvement but here were way too many turnovers. Year 4 so far has been awful. New offense, bad WRs whatever, his play hasnt been nfl starter quality.

17. TTTTebowAndTheJets

I was talking about cowboysfan... What did he do?

18. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

You know your QB sucks when the entire country laughs at the piece of shit QB you have... Sanchez sucks

19. Tebowverde

Tebowverde New Member

Tebow time! Sanchez does suck but the coaching really sucks.

20. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I look at horrible play calling. End o the first half, in the red zone, with timeouts, and you learned nothing from last week. Worst case FG puts you down 4 getting the ball back at the half. Soprano calls a quick slant .... Ball tipped on a great play by watts. Why. It just play it safe and run the ball, use your timeouts, and kick the FG worst case?

On the second pick why rush a play before the 2 minute warning? You hav a timeout and plenty of time. Just get settled, call a play during the break, and see what happens, but rushing a 3rd and 18 play was not the right call there.
    I think the soprano called a shit game, killed ow, wasted time outs, got too cute, and failed to use personnel properly.

If Sanchez won the game on the final drive would everyone say he sucked still? Schaub was 14/28 for 200 yards 1td and 1int and failed to get anything going after the first drive.