Mark Sanchez sucks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TNJet, Sep 30, 2012.

1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Gary Vaynerchuk was right
    [​IMG]

#361 LeonNYJ, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  2. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

People who are saying that we can't judge Sanchez based on winning this game against the best defense in football are making a straw man argument.

Nobody reasonable expects Sanchez to win this game (one can hope, but not expect).

What we as fans should be able to reasonably expect, is Sanchez not looking like total dogshit, a deer in the headlights. When Sanchez drops back to pass, and nobody is open (as shillens and kerley wont be most of the time) will he hold on to the ball too long and take needless sacks, like he has been doing, or will he throw the ball away, like he should do? When he is forced to scramble - and he will be forced to scramble - will he tuck the ball away, or hold it like a loaf of bread like he did last week so the Texans can knock it out? When a swing pass is called, there is no pressure on Sanchez, and the RB is standing 5 feet away, will he throw him the ball so he can catch it in stride and run, or will he throw it in the ground at their feet?

Sanchez has been playing like total dogshit for reasons that have *nothing* to do with the lack of offensive weapons. If he keeps it up, there's absolutely no reason to keep in in the game.

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Uggh no more USC trash please.

5. Draft a TE that can catch AND block.

4. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

just remember.

Chaz Schillens and Clyde Gates.

5. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

Lmfao I remember seeing this when it happened. It hurts to think how things could be if he panned out.

6. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

If he can play well vs houston then he should get a lot of leeway. After the bye this schedule gets a lot easier. But I wouldn't bet 1 dollar, he is going to play well tonight. I will root for him. I've bashed him enough. No matter how much I want to see the run, this team just can't do it. Come on lets win Sanchez damnit.

7. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

As much as I try to be optimistic with Sanchez turning it around, I just can't see it happening with this current team this year. I genuinely like Mark, a lot, and I am not usually a big 'Body English' guy, but I think as a leader of this team that Sanchez's demeanor is terrible. If a dude runs a wrong route or drops a ball he needs to get up in their face. I don't care if it's Santonio or anybody else, he needs to man up and go down fighting.

And I'm in no way questioning his toughness. I think his physical toughness is his best attribute.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

One thing you can probably take to the bank. If Sanchez struggles badly tonight and the boo-birds and T-Bo chants start, you can bet your ass that Woody will be pushing hard for Tebow to start next week.

I doubt they'd do anything tonight, because they'll need to make a whole new gameplan when they start Tebow.

It won't come down to a win or a loss (though a win will keep the wolves away from the door for another couple weeks), but Sanchez needs to show he can move this team some tonight.

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If Woody really wants Tebow to 'save our season' to prove how smart Woody was when for hiring Tebow, then Woody will wait a few more games for the 'easy' part of our schedule to kick in. He'll probably start Tebow in the NE game (yuk yuk).

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This. If he plays like he did in SF consistently gone. If he plays more games like Pitt where he wasn't the reason we lost but he also didn't really contribute to winning, I wouldn't mind keeping him.

When you think about it, we have so many positions to upgrade on the team. We saw Sanchez can do well with a good team, so why not put off the QB thing and build a strong team

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is pretty much on target. The question tonight is: will Sanchez be able to manage damage control in a really bad situation.

It's not a Kobayashi Maru by any means but it is a game the Jets will probably lose on the merits 80% of the time. The question is whether Sanchez can keep it together and make good decisions. So far in his career when the chips have been really down in games like this Sanchez has been another problem not part of the solution.

I don't expect the Jets to win this game or Sanchez to look good while they are losing. I do expect that everybody will behave and play like a professional and not make things worse than they already are.

Some times your job is to keep things together when everything else is threatening to go to hell in a hand basket. That's what the test for Sanchez is tonight.

12. LongIslandLou

LongIslandLou New Member

This is all Eva Longoria's fault

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I agree with you on Sanchez struggling badly and the effects that will have.

I disagree on him needing to move the team much. Nobody the Jets have right now is likely to move the ball much against that Texans defense. The question is does Sanchez keep it together enough to keep the game close until late or does he become part of the problem by turning the ball over and giving the Texans the field position to turn this into a rout?

14. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Focusing on the QB is really beside the point. They really have few offensive weapons. Using Tebow in the same offense is no help. He really cannot play in pro-style offense. The elements of a different way should have been done in training camp. Poor Rex really has no idea how to coach offense traditional or otherwise. Isn't it amazing after 20 yrs. in the game? Unfortunately, this game and the rest of the season has disaster written all over it.
    And with Woody calling the shots the chances of improvement in the near future are not bright. Anyway go Jets!

15. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Tank the season grab Lattimore, some OL depth, and a blocking TE

16. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

get the weapons then go find the next QB of this team

17. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

So with 2-2... let it be 2-3, even though we didn't play HOU yet.. record and 2-0 in division your best play for the Jets future is to "tank" the remaining season? They shouldn't even try to compete, is that it? Is quitting the only way to grab some OL depth & blocking TE? There is no way in hell you can do it & try to win?

Is this how you life your life: when the going gets tough, you just quit? Pathetic...

18. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Sanchez proving the short-sighted reactionary "Start Tebow vs the Texans" haters wrong

19. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

Overrated? Everybody says he sucks.

20. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Haha really?